tangledmermaid

Earning My Ears
I have wavy/frizzy hair which I usually straighten but last year when we went to Disney I spent aaaaages doing my hair, stepped out into that humidity and POOF!! Destroyed. I had to either keep my hair tied up for two weeks, which also looked terrible, or just put up with the poofy, sweaty mess. Can anyone, particularly UK folks, recommend me any products that are anti-humidity or that I can use to 'seal' my hair? This will be the last time I go to WDW in at least ten years and when I look at the photos from last year, all I can see if my hot mess hair. I would like at least one photo where I look and feel good about myself.

Alternatively are there any US products that you FL folks use to combat the humidity?

Thanks xx

My hair is curly, but gel works for me in the swamps of DC. Lots and lots of gel. And making sure it's well moisturized.

I don't straighten my hair though. If you plan to, a silicone based product is probably your best bet.

I’m in the US, on the Gulf of Mexico. I have fought frizzy hair my entire life! Until my hairdresser recommended a keratin smoother. It’s not the old school you can’t wash your hair the first week smoother. I just can’t tie it back or clip it for 24 hours and until it’s washed. It’s been a game changer for me. Literally takes 10 minutes to dry and style. I think it adds $75 bucks onto my bill every three months but it’s completely worth it!

Keratin smoother for sure--otherwise I am tied to a hair dryer and flat iron for an hour and all for naught--once outside in Texas--BAM! Gobsmacked by the evil FrizzFairy.

I am at the hairdressers right this second so I will try and ask about keratin. Is that similar to a Brazilian blowdry? I may not be able to fork uo the cash, but mmaybe keratin products at home could help. Do any of you guys have experience with keratin shampoo etc? Thank you so much for your help x

I am at the hairdressers right this second so I will try and ask about keratin. Is that similar to a Brazilian blowdry? I may not be able to fork uo the cash, but mmaybe keratin products at home could help. Do any of you guys have experience with keratin shampoo etc? Thank you so much for your help x
I don’t use keratin shampoo but a salt free shampoo. I don’t do the Brazilian blow out just the keratin smoother! Hope you like it, was life changing for me!

I use Paul Mitchel's tea tree hair and body moisturizer. I apply to damp hair after I get out of the shower and it has gotten rid of frizzies for me.

I have fine, wavy/curly. In humidity it tends to be more curly than wavy but because it's so fine with no weight to it, it tends to get a little big. Although not as bad as FL, I live in a fairly humid area and I use an Instyler. On my fine hair it only takes about 10 minutes to get it frizz free and straight. The only problem that I have is that I just don't feel like doing it because I am usually trying to rush and get the kids ready. If I can get myself together enough to do it, it stays pretty perfect.

Find @wdwprepschool on Instagram! Look in her story highlights for "Hair." She saved her tutorial for how she keeps her hair from frizzing in Florida humidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter