Frito Lay announces their new flavors....

None of them appeal to me. I didn't like last years flavors either. I guess I'm old school and like simple flavors.

I really only like potato chip-flavored potato chips.

Maybe sometimes sour cream and cheddar.

If I want a gyro or Ruben, I will buy one and eat it alongside my chips.

Just sayin....

I really only like potato chip-flavored potato chips.

Maybe sometimes sour cream and cheddar.

If I want a gyro or Ruben, I will buy one and eat it alongside my chips.

Just sayin....

I don't know. Potato and oil is kind bland to me. At the very least I would need salt.

At one time sour cream, onion, cheese, or barbecue flavor were considered odd. Chip and dip had to start somewhere.

The biscuits and gravy sounds tempting! I pretty much only do baked chips now, but I might have to try those new ones as a special treat.

for their Lays potato chips, and they are.....

*Greektown gyro

*West coast truffle fries

*Southern biscuits and gravy

*New York reuben

Which one would you choose to win?

Biscuits and gravy all day any day. I can't eat the real thing any more but I might risk the itch for the chips as they would have much less allergens.

Went to Subway today for lunch and they had all four of the new flavors, so I thought I'd give one a try. I figured if they sucked, at least I wouldn't be stuck with a big bag of them.

Tried the Truffle Fries flavor. Not bad, I have to say. Looked a lot like a sour cream and onion chip. Strongest flavor was parmesan and not overpowering with the truffle flavor, which was my biggest worry. Sometimes truffle-flavored things are really in your face with truffle and I hate that.

It's definitely a flavor I would buy again, so I guess that's not bad. :)

We had a slower day at work yesterday and brought in all four flavors for everyone to try. Out of 15 people. No one liked the gyro, the rueben and biscuits and gravy ones were determined to be "alright" and the Truffle fries was the big winner. It's the only one where the bag was finished.

I bought a bag of the reuben chips. They're pretty good, the flavor isn't in your face. Made me hungry for an actual sandwich though.:)

I've tried three out of the four new flavors.

NY Reuben: I liked it, dbf hated it. This is the flavor I'd probably go back to if I had the choice.

Greektown Gyro: Ick. Did not like. Lamb just doesn't translate.

West Coast Truffle Fries: Ehh, not bad, not great either. From the looks of the chips, I expected a lot more flavor, since they seem pretty much coated in flavor powder. And since they look almost exactly like a sour cream & onion flavored chip, I kept expecting more 'zing', but didn't get it (that's my own fault, though).

Have yet to try Southern Biscuits & Gravy, but the gal at the checkout was eating them and she said they were good.

I love biscuits and gravy so I had to get the chips to try. They were surprisingly good. I'll have to give the others a try too.

I tried the truffle chips and tasted zero truffle. I know truffle is a strong flavor, but if you're going to make truffle chips that's expected and I want to definitely taste truffle. They tasted like the garlic cheese bread chips they make. Lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter