Friends and Family Error?

Paflyers

Mouseketeer
Good Morning All! I have been having some issues with Friends and Family in MDE. My sister and I booked some rooms for our families. We shared all plan with each other, however; when my reservation appears in my sisters MDE only my husbands name appears. We are all listed under friends and family but it says that he is the only one that she has plans with. We have sent invites after invites and approved them over and over again, but still nothing changes. Is anyone else having this issue, should I just call guest services and see if they can adjust it manually. I wouldn't normally care, but we link our stuff together for dining reservations, fast passes and photo passes. So of course I want to make sure that everything is working properly before out trip rolls around. Any advice would be most helpful! Thank You!!

Gah! I am having this same problem! I've come to the DisBoards to see if anyone has a solution. I'm going to WDW, staying onsite with two of my friends. One doesn't have an MDE account and the other does. Her husband is the one in charge of that account. I tried to link her to our reservation in my account and it now lists him the one going. It's maddening!!

I had a similar situation and had to call technical support. The wait times are maddening right now, but if you get lucky, you are given the option for a call/back…and they did call me back!

Gah! I am having this same problem! I've come to the DisBoards to see if anyone has a solution. I'm going to WDW, staying onsite with two of my friends. One doesn't have an MDE account and the other does. Her husband is the one in charge of that account. I tried to link her to our reservation in my account and it now lists him the one going. It's maddening!!

I'm having this problem and came to the boards for an answer. I'm on hold with Disney...56 minute wait time. I tried to share my daughter's plans with my friend who is going with us and when i did, she (DD) disappeared from my account, past magic bands, tix, all of it and now it has my friend in her place.

Were you able to get yours fixed?

AND they don't even have hold music anymore, it's just silence. Not that the hold music was great before, it was always staticky (why does that word look weird lol), but it was better than silence

I'm having this problem and came to the boards for an answer. I'm on hold with Disney...56 minute wait time. I tried to share my daughter's plans with my friend who is going with us and when i did, she (DD) disappeared from my account, past magic bands, tix, all of it and now it has my friend in her place.

Were you able to get yours fixed?

AND they don't even have hold music anymore, it's just silence. Not that the hold music was great before, it was always staticky (why does that word look weird lol), but it was better than silence

I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I was thinking I might just wait until I get to the resort but now it looks like we might be coming in late and I'm not sure if I want to deal with it that late. But the potential hold times are holding me back (heehee, but not - seriously, this is a big problem). I may try in the next couple of days and I can let you know!

Something similar happened to me, it was because not everyone had purchased tickets/made park reservations. Once those were entered into MDE everything popped up.

I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I was thinking I might just wait until I get to the resort but now it looks like we might be coming in late and I'm not sure if I want to deal with it that late. But the potential hold times are holding me back (heehee, but not - seriously, this is a big problem). I may try in the next couple of days and I can let you know!

After being on hold for almost 2 1/2 hrs (my fault, not Disney's...i lost the call after the first hour in the parking garage at work), the IT guy that answered was able to get everything with the exception of her old MBs, restored. He fixed her ticket and park reservations, and when i asked him about making it so my friend could make plans for her, he let me know he had already connected both families and we were good to go 😄 for the first time, i was bummed i didn't get the survey because he fixed all of our problems and then some.

Her MBs were more than likely useless anyway, since they were from 2015 and 2018, so that wasn't a big deal.

After being on hold for almost 2 1/2 hrs (my fault, not Disney's...i lost the call after the first hour in the parking garage at work), the IT guy that answered was able to get everything with the exception of her old MBs, restored. He fixed her ticket and park reservations, and when i asked him about making it so my friend could make plans for her, he let me know he had already connected both families and we were good to go 😄 for the first time, i was bummed i didn't get the survey because he fixed all of our problems and then some.

Her MBs were more than likely useless anyway, since they were from 2015 and 2018, so that wasn't a big deal.

I'm glad you got yours fixed! I just got mine fixed too! I didn't have a long wait because I'm a Passholder and there is a special queue for Passholders?? I had no idea that existed. This is my first (and probably only) time being a Passholder. I feel like it just paid for itself by only having to wait 25min!

I got Thor :laughing: and he fixed everything. I did have to give a lot of information to verify that I knew my friends and was legitimately needing to connect to them. I also wanted to do the survey but when he hung up, it hung up totally, no survey, so I was bummed too. Like you, my IT person did a lot of extra stuff for me. I need his direct number! :rotfl:

I'm glad you got yours fixed! I just got mine fixed too! I didn't have a long wait because I'm a Passholder and there is a special queue for Passholders?? I had no idea that existed. This is my first (and probably only) time being a Passholder. I feel like it just paid for itself by only having to wait 25min!

I got Thor :laughing: and he fixed everything. I did have to give a lot of information to verify that I knew my friends and was legitimately needing to connect to them. I also wanted to do the survey but when he hung up, it hung up totally, no survey, so I was bummed too. Like you, my IT person did a lot of extra stuff for me. I need his direct number! :rotfl:
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, and only had to wait 25 minutes 😀

I still have not gotten mine fixed. I was able to add everyone to my friends and family, and did make park reservations for everyone. However; none of our hotel reservations are linked, and it still says I don't have plans with anyone. When it shows our park days everyone is listed though. I was thinking of just leaving it because every time I call I am on hold for hours. My sister still only sees my husband as sharing plans and not me. Of course for Photopass, I am really going to need this fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter