Fried cheese curds

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Found myself at Yard House last night watching the National Championship Game and enjoying sliders and a local beer. But I've looked up and down their happy hour items and the fried cheese curds seemed intriguing, even if they were a massive calorie bomb. It didn't seem right ordering them just for myself. Then I saw a couple at the bar that had ordered them. Edit (photo from YH didn't show): they were about like this:

wisconsin-fried-cheese.jpg

I'm kind of wondering what it's like. Maybe a good idea at the time, but then full of regrets later? Also - their menu specially refers to them as "fried Wisconsin cheese curds" although I've heard that having the freshest possible curds is best. Especially having them "squeak" when cold, although I'm not sure what they're like when battered and fried. I'm thinking slightly melty like I've seen with potato balls/puffs made with potato puree.

It doesn't seem like anything to eat alone or as a main.

Last edited:
They are delicious. They are like a lighter version of a mozzarella stick. I like them a lot. They are kind of melty, but still intact. They don't string out like mozzarella. The batter is like a beer batter, or a tempura batter. These are pretty popular in Southern CA.

They are delicious. They are like a lighter version of a mozzarella stick. I like them a lot. They are kind of melty, but still intact. They don't string out like mozzarella. The batter is like a beer batter, or a tempura batter. These are pretty popular in Southern CA.
Never had them and your description tells me I'd be disappointed and craving mozzarella sticks.

First time I had was at the NBC Grill at CityWalk Universal. They just opened and we asked for suggestions. Server described and as a cheese lover but not mozz stick lover I was skeptical. AMAZING. Now we order them everywhere - not every place does them well we learned. SO BAD for you but can be SO GOOD.

They used to have these aspart of the fried cheese appetizer at The Liberty Tree Tavern lunch menu. They were excellent. Haven’t found many places that serve them.

I ♥️ Wisconsin cheese curds. I first tried them in Door County. OMG I really loved the cherry pie too!🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter