Fridge Measurements

mrsapalm

<font color=FF0099>WDWWDS COO & Senior Exec. VP<fo
Does anyone have the measurements of the fridges you can rent at the resorts? We are planning our food shopping list and need to know how much we can fit in the fridge.
Thanks!
-MrsAPalm

I don't know the exact measurements, but they are VERY, VERY SMALL. You'll probably be able to fit approximately 6 cans of Pepsi, a few pieces of fruit, and some very small snacks in it.

They are VERY small. About the size of the small cube refrigerators you see marketed towards college students for their dorm rooms. If you plan on milk, only a half a gallon and not much else then. The freezer part is non-existant, so don't think of any frozen foods.

They are the sizes of college dorm fridges. Look in the stores at their small fridges and you can get the undersanding of the size. You actually can get more in there then you think if you pack it right. :)
I had one in college and could pack it pretty good

DH is wanting to shove a loaf of bread, lunch meat, milk and a few extras in the fridge. I don't think that will work... agree or disagree?
-MrsAPalm

Mrsapalm,

We rented the fridge at POR last year. Since I had 4 kids I thought I could keep some water bottles and milk and juice in there. No can do.

A quart size carton of milk maybe. As for a loaf of bread, it will have to be a small one and not much cold cuts. We returned our fridge the first night. Couldn't use it. Luckily I had packed food snacks in a collapsible cooler and we wound up using that during the trip. Worked great. Kept it in the tub filled with ice. kept a gallon of milk, juice, sodas you name it. Just refilled the ice every day.

My opinion, I would get one of those collapsible coolers and save the $10 per night. Another plus, once you've eaten all your goodies, you can use the collapsible bag as luggage to pack all your souvenirs.

Wow!
Lizzie - thanks for the tip on the collapsable cooler. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure it's practical for our luggage situation (I'm a nazi packer in order to avoid checking any of our luggage on the airline). But I appreciate the tip!

CaliforniaDreaming - Thanks so much for the photo.. that helps tremendously!

DocRafiki - We're used to refridgerating our bread because it's so humid in Houston that our bread molds if we don't keep it cooled off... so, we've grown accustomed to eating cold bread.

Thanks for everyone's help!
-MrsAPalm

Fridge looks big enough for a six pack of beer and a six pack of pop/water. You might be able to squeeze a package of baloney in it. Don't forget the mustard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter