French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

I loved the brunch as well, I don’t see going back any time soon and very glad I had this opportunity with such great company!!

Looks like a great rest of the day for all of you!

when I suggested we go for a ride on the Liberty Belle.
This was your fault! How did I not pick up on that/???

No? I didn't either. But we weren't on the boat for too long before we started to find this out.
They were EVERYWHERE. So gross...just swarms and swarms of them.
Just for you
IMG_7138.jpeg

Jenny, Joe and Kari stopped to get Starbucks and/or shop for a purse??
For accurate trip report accounting...Starbucks and a hunt for a locker to put said already purchased purse in.

We were walking in by 1:38...
Very specific time Kelly!

Jenny and Joe and a couple others were a couple minutes behind me and when they came in,
they said they had just run into Tim and Jen Tracker on their way there!
I was super jealous! But they were more drenched than me, so there's that :P
Funny I had no idea who they were then but casey has discovered them so we watch them all the time now

I had Red and Jenny had White. I actually didn't think it was all that bad,
but Jenny was a little horrified that she was served Sangria…from a BOX!
A BOX????? SANGRIA FROM A BOX?????? BLASPHEMY!
200.gif

I have to admit, I was kind of enjoying this ground floor room ::yes::
Me too! Love the people watching

We clean up nice!

I had made, and subsequently cancelled, this reservation a couple times in the past
and was now finally getting to see what the fuss was all about.
Yeah like the time you missed meeting me 2 years earlier :earboy2: Not bitter. Not at all.

I think Kari and I split a couple entrees, the Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes...
These were so good! I learned after our first trip here (see the aforementioned trip you missed out on) that the really good stuff isn't the expensive fancy items

Ariane's report has the photo evidence of the shenanigans that went on in there so I won't repeat, but we had a really silly time :P
Cause I'm on a photo roll
IMG_7178.jpeg

What better way to end this day that started at the top of the world at California Grill,
than to head to the Top Of The World lounge at BLT!
Thanks again for taking us up there! Definitely something I'll remember

Love these girls :love:
Love you too ♥♥♥ But not the angle of this photo:P:P:P

Wow! 🥰 🥰

In the future, I think I'll add EBCI for my return flights just so I don't even have to give it a thought.

I never thought of that! It's a smart plan. I remember checking-in for a flight home from BTMRR :rotfl:

It's a lovely, relaxing resort with some awesome dining options
and the added convenience of the boat to the MK.

Gorgeous resort photos! WL is so pretty and it does seem much more laidback than the other MK area resorts!

What better way to end this day that started at the top of the world at California Grill,

I have stayed at BLT a few times and have gone up to the TOTW to watch fireworks a couple times,
but I have never actually been in the actual lounge for food or drinks.
I've now discovered that I was really missing out. It's an amazing place to go relax
and I'm sure I'll be trying to get up there each trip now.
You are all welcome to join me if you'd like!

We arrived in time to enjoy this gorgeous sunset...
So beautiful! I can't wait until I finally buy into DVC and get to go up there! Where is your home resort, Kelly?
I'm going to guess we went back to either Geyser Point or Territory Lounge,
but since I have no pictures from there, I honestly can't say.
We did say good-bye to Ariane and Jenny this night since we wouldn't be seeing them the next day :sad:
Always so sad. :(
I still love the CR and Poly, but this would definitely be in my top 5, along with the Beach Club and POFQ. Someday I'll have to stay at the GF and see where that fits in.
I stayed at Wilderness (Well CCV) for the first time in July and loved it as well. Such a lovely resort! Now I am curious about the inclusion of POFQ in your top 5. What do you love about it?

My faves would be Yacht Club, AKL, Poly and Wilderness.

I loved the brunch as well, I don’t see going back any time soon and very glad I had this opportunity with such great company!!

The only reason I'm going back so soon is because I think Mike will love it! It won't be an every trip meal for sure,especially when I'm with the kids!

This was your fault! How did I not pick up on that/???

I should have kept my mouth shut…sorry :blush:

Just for you
IMG_7138.jpeg

Ewwww…I couldn't even photograph them, I was too busy trying to swat them away :crazy2:

For accurate trip report accounting...Starbucks and a hunt for a locker to put said already purchased purse in.

I was close!

Very specific time Kelly!

Thanks to my iPhone time stamp :thumbsup2

Yeah like the time you missed meeting me 2 years earlier :earboy2: Not bitter. Not at all.

I'm still kicking myself for that, especially now that I know what we were missing!

These were so good! I learned after our first trip here (see the aforementioned trip you missed out on) that the really good stuff isn't the expensive fancy items

I'm probably going to get these again in March if they still have them ::yes::

Cause I'm on a photo roll
IMG_7178.jpeg

Wow. Thanks for that. :rotfl:

Thanks again for taking us up there!

Thank you guys for coming! I've been missing out! Of course, I don't know if I'd love it as much without the amazing company :grouphug:

Love you too ♥♥♥ But not the angle of this photo:P:P:P

You look beautiful 😍

So beautiful! I can't wait until I finally buy into DVC and get to go up there! Where is your home resort, Kelly?

We have points at BLT and a very small contract at the Poly. I bought at BLT having never stayed there, but knowing how much I love the CR. We only have 50 points at the Poly so I'm actually saving them and will use 150 for our October 2021 trip.

Of course, now they are adding block-out dates for TOTWL and they may be adding more paid events up there which is kind of aggravating for what was always a "free" perk. But I'll try to enjoy it while it lasts :goodvibes

Now I am curious about the inclusion of POFQ in your top 5. What do you love about it?

I love the compactness of the resort, the grounds, the cute little pool area, the beignets, and the little boats to Disney Springs. And of course, I love the price tag compared to the deluxes :thumbsup2 It's definitely going to be my go-to when we run out of points (all too often), and we actually have it booked for next October :P

Last edited:
Peter Noone was absolutely adorable and if I ever have the chance again to see him, I would not hesitate. Okay, back to...

Yes, he was!! I loved their show!

I think we were a little late getting there and everyone was waiting for us…sorry guys :blush:

LOL! You're lucky, Lady! :laughing:
Billie giving you the stinkeye was so funny!

it was amazing

YAY!!!

but we had a really silly time :P

Silly times are the BEST times!

HA, you guys crack me up.

Perfection.

And look! No Terry! :rotfl:

:lmao:

In the future, I think I'll add EBCI for my return flights just so I don't even have to give it a thought.

I do that too. Not for going, but definitely for returning. Just too much going on to remember.

Bliss! I can't wait!

Peter Noone was absolutely adorable and if I ever have the chance again to see him, I would not hesitate.
I'm so happy you and Liesa @Steppesister watched them with me!!!
it is super expensive and there is no way I ate anywhere near $90 of food,
but it's so good and a really special experience overall.
Yeah same here but as you said it's a special experience and I did love my food. Don't now that I'd bring both the boys but I definitely want to go back!
The rest of us headed to where Ariane's shirt told us to go...
Love in an Elevator! Oh wait that's the ride next door 😂
Ariane's report has the photo evidence of the shenanigans that went on in there so I won't repeat, but we had a really silly time :P
Yes we were silly but that was like the best afternoon :goodvibes
They're obviously in love.
:charac2:
And they CLAIM Jenny and I planned the shirts...................;)
Not to self. Always follow Ariane's shirt.
Well sinec they removed the Yellow Brick Road from HS 😭
Love these girls :love:
Right back atcha baby 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
OMG WE FORGOT TERRY!!!!!!!!! :eek:
I don't recall what everyone ordered, all I have a picture of is my Margherita Flatbread...
Well just like every other night we hung out lol @Jenny Sanders and I got nachos! And Steve got shrimp of some sort.
:charac2:
I'm going to guess we went back to either Geyser Point or Territory Lounge,
but since I have no pictures from there, I honestly can't say.
Did you drink too much Truly that night?? We went back to GP! Billie and Melinda met us there and we said good-bye by pretty much closing it down !
Even knowing that it was @ariane37's and @kastoney 's favorite resort,
I wasn't super dying to stay here.
I've definitely changed my tune and would happily stay here again if given the chance.
and the added convenience of the boat to the MK.:goodvibes
Love that you now am a fan of my lovely lodge!!

:eek:

Possibly. I kind of gave up and literally microwaved my eggs yesterday because I was lazy. I bet they don't do that at the California Grill :rotfl:
Oh, absolutely. "Microwaved to perfection with a lower power setting and a soupçon of MSG.
I'm totally envious right now. Just so you know.
I have stayed at BLT a few times
I'd love to stay there. Walk over to MK in under 5 minutes? Yes!
I have never actually been in the actual lounge for food or drinks.
I've now discovered that I was really missing out. It's an amazing place to go relax
Now I'm really envious!!
We arrived in time to enjoy this gorgeous sunset...
Wow! Gorgeous!
:lmao:
He was probably on the main floor, looking for you guys.
I don't recall what everyone ordered, all I have a picture of is my Margherita Flatbread...
mmm... looks yummy.
I was kind of kicking myself for not getting EBCI for at least the way home
What is EBCI?
In the end it turned out okay since I was alone and I easily found a seat
right about where I normally like to sit…on an aisle in the first few rows.
Worked out. :) Good.
Pretty shot.
I also took a bunch of WL pics since I realized I hadn't done so already.
I'll post those next...
Thanks for those. I love that resort. Never stayed but have eaten there a couple times.
I've been in the WL before for a dining reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe,
and to Geyser Point last year with Mike, but this was my first time staying here.
Even knowing that it was @ariane37's and @kastoney 's favorite resort,
I wasn't super dying to stay here.
I've definitely changed my tune and would happily stay here again if given the chance.
I doubt I'll stay there (unless some generous benefactor drops some cash on me), but it's definitely on my list. :)
Up next, our last day :sad1:
Boo!
But first, Kari and I head to the MK!
Yay!

TotWL looks so nice! Glad you got to enjoy it!

I always set a calendar reminder for checking in going home, otherwise I forget too! Its hard to remind yourself about going home when you are still having fun!

Glad you loved WL! My favorite resorts list is pretty similar to yours! haha

Don't now that I'd bring both the boys but I definitely want to go back!

Oh, I definitely wouldn't bring my kids either! They're no Casey Stone! :goodvibes

Well just like every other night we hung out lol @Jenny Sanders and I got nachos! And Steve got shrimp of some sort.

I thought you guys had nachos, I guess I was too busy having fun to take food pics? :confused3

Did you drink too much Truly that night?? We went back to GP! Billie and Melinda met us there and we said good-bye by pretty much closing it down !

I have no pictures! I do remember going to GP but I didn't know if that was that night…we did go more than once. I figured we went somewhere because all those pics I took were close to midnight. :P

I'm totally envious right now. Just so you know.

If our paths ever cross in WDW, I'll happily bring you up there! :goodvibes

I'd love to stay there. Walk over to MK in under 5 minutes? Yes!

It's really the best thing ever…well, that and watching the MK from your room in your pajamas :D

He was probably on the main floor, looking for you guys.

I'm sure! Makes me thankful they check IDs downstairs!

What is EBCI?

Oh, it's a pain in the neck thing when you fly Southwest. SW doesn't assign seats so 24 hours before your flight you check-in online and get assigned a boarding number, A 1-30, B 1-30, then C 1-30. You stand in line when they call for your boarding Group (the letter) and that's how you get on the plane. I used to hate it but now I'm totally used to it and don't really mind it much. But they also offer Early Bird Check-In (EBCI) where SW checks you in at 36 hours so you don't have to set your alarm at 24 hours to check-in yourself. They charge for this (of course) and I was being cheap this time and didn't want to shell out an extra $50 ($25 each way). What I should have done was pay for it for my flight home so I wouldn't have to even think about it the day before I was leaving.

I doubt I'll stay there (unless some generous benefactor drops some cash on me), but it's definitely on my list. :)

You never know, sometimes the deals for the deluxes are much better than the mods.

If our paths ever cross in WDW, I'll happily bring you up there! :goodvibes
Deal! :)
It's really the best thing ever…well, that and watching the MK from your room in your pajamas :D
<sigh>
I'd like that.
Oh, it's a pain in the neck thing when you fly Southwest. SW doesn't assign seats so 24 hours before your flight you check-in online and get assigned a boarding number, A 1-30, B 1-30, then C 1-30. You stand in line when they call for your boarding Group (the letter) and that's how you get on the plane. I used to hate it but now I'm totally used to it and don't really mind it much. But they also offer Early Bird Check-In (EBCI) where SW checks you in at 36 hours so you don't have to set your alarm at 24 hours to check-in yourself. They charge for this (of course) and I was being cheap this time and didn't want to shell out an extra $50 ($25 each way). What I should have done was pay for it for my flight home so I wouldn't have to even think about it the day before I was leaving.
Ohhhh…. Okay. On the same page now. :)
You never know, sometimes the deals for the deluxes are much better than the mods.
I'll keep looking. You never know. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter