Freezing Juice Boxes

pixieatheart

Earning My Ears
Can you freeze a juice box? Afraid it will explode but love the idea of having something to keep everything cold while it thaws.

Aren't they folded? This should allow them to unfold as they freeze and expand.

Why not try one inside a ziploc bag (just in case is does explode) and see what happens before committing a bunch to the freezer?

Sure you can freeze juice boxes and use them as lunch pack "coolers" as well. Did it one year while camping and they made nice ersatz "blue packs" for our off site lunches. Tended to keep other closely packed items at food safe temperatures for 2-4 hours.

A frozen juice box is what I use for an ice pack in DS's lunch. Just flip up the flaps. The added advantage of flipping them up is that, once thawed, if the child squeezes it, the juice doesn't come shooting out of the straw! :)

I freeze the capri sun 100% juice pouches. They make great ice packs. They as they start to thaw i smush them up then cut the top off with safety scissors. Instant icee. Saves 5.00 and a lot of sugar.

I just want to mention that you can’t take juice boxes into Animal Kingdom. Or I should say, you can’t take the straws, which basically renders the juice box useless. I know that doesn’t answer your question, but just trying to be helpful in avoiding an unpleasant situation.

We prefer to freeze plastic water bottles. Healthier than juice, and no sticky mess if one happens to puncture.

They froze great for us (didn't open the flaps) and by afternoon they were thawed enough for the kids.

We also got them the water bottles with the "sport" tops. Much easier for them to drink from and we could toss (recycle) when we were done with them.

Can you freeze a juice box? Afraid it will explode but love the idea of having something to keep everything cold while it thaws.

If you are in a regular resort room, the 'freezer' section of a mini fridge isn't likely to freeze a juice box.

Also, in many of the newer refurbished Disney resort rooms, there is no freezer section in the new mini-fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter