• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

freezer in laundry room

disneymomto5

DIS Veteran
I'm building a new house and I have room in my laundry room for a small chest freezer. My husband says he's never heard of such a thing. Has anyone ever put a freezer in their laundry room?

My SIL had one of the HUGE ones in her laundry room. Not sure if she still does. I've heard of lots of people storing them in the basement (perhaps because it's usually cooler down there, less energy needed to run the freezer at a cold temp?) I've also heard of people around here (not many basements in this area) keeping them in the garage. I do think it ups the energy consumption since garages here get quite hot. I would think the laundry room would be a good choice, particularly if you are without a basement and especially if the laundry room is just off the kitchen - easy access! I wish I had room somewhere for one here.

My parents have theirs in the laundry room. I say if you have the room in there go ahead and use the space for a freezer. Nothing wrong with it. I agree with PP don't put it in the garage as a garage gets hot and will cause it to run more.

Our room that we refer to as the laundry room or the mud room connects the garage and the kitchen and also can be entered from the rear deck. The room contains laundry machines, laundry tub/sink, large upright freezer and large pantry.

I know people with chest freezers in their laundry rooms who use the lid for additional laundry folding space.

Tell your husband he doesn't get out much. :rotfl:

We have one in our spare bedroom, that is the only place we had room for it.

Suzanne

I'm building a new house and I have room in my laundry room for a small chest freezer. My husband says he's never heard of such a thing. Has anyone ever put a freezer in their laundry room?

Yes. In fact we just put a SECOND chest freezer in our laundry room. It doesn't get too hot when we run the dryer because we use the exhaust fan. Works out great and is much more climate-friendly here in AZ than using the garage.

We have ours in our laundry room which is right off the kitchen as do my parents. Its a great place for one!

Heck, I'd love for mine to fit in the laundry room! Right now it's in our walk-in closet right outside of the bathroom!

Ours is in the laundry room, too, which is right off the kitchen. We had a chest freezer in there but I didn't like it because I kept losing food in there. We now have an upright freezer in there and I love it.

Heather

We have one in our garage and in our laundry room -- actually we took the door off our laundry room closet and put it in the closet. It is an auto defrost freezer that would not fair well in the garage.

I have an upright freezer as well as a second fridge in my laundry room. Love 'em. :thumbsup2

Our upright freezer is in our laundry room, same as the rest of the houses in our subdivision. Been there about 30 years with no problems.

Well, I'm glad to hear this because I had thought it was a great idea! We don't have a basement and I'm trying to finally fit my car into the garage so trying to not fill that up with stuff. Thanks for all the positive responses.

I have a small one in the laundry room, next to the washer and I love it. It gives me extra surface space for folding and sorting if I need it.

That's where ours was when I was a kid. FIL has one in his laundry, too. I would love to do that, too. But my laundry room is up on the 2nd floor--so that wouldn't work!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter