Freeport Ground transportation?

CGC33A

DIS Veteran
We are considering going over to the Our Lucaya resort on our own, maybe just to look around (don't want too much sun before CC), have lunch etc. Does anyone know how much a cab is to there from the dock (assuming there are cabs or other transportation at the dock). Anyone know a ballpark distance (no comment Buckaroo's Dad... a ballpark is x # of feet..)from the ship to that resort. There is the DCL excursion, but it seems a little pricey if all I am going to do is walk around for an hour or so.

Thanks

Very good question!

I recently posted the same question asking about cab fare at Freeport... It is a bit confusing! I have heard $5.00 per person. And, I have also heard $25.00 or more to hire the cab. I am going on the assumption that it is actually $5.00 per person, as long as the driver has enough fares to cover a minimum $25.00-$30.00 cost to make the trip???? (I think it is a little more than ten miles... which is a 15-20 minute drive?) I have heard of people being the only ones waiting for a taxi back to the ship from Port Lucaya/Our Lucayan... and finally paid the driver a big fare, as he refused to make the trip until he had more passengers.

???????

We just went this July. It is $5 per person each way. We were 4 people. They filled the van with 10 people to go to Port Lucaya which was about a 20 min ride (van had air conditioning). To get back to the ship we waited at one of the 2 taxi areas (one on each side of the shopping area). We had to wait about 15-20 mins mins. Two other people showed up and they took us in an unairconditioned van back to the ship. It was definitely worth going and the taxis were not bad.

thanks for the answer. Do you know if children are less? We have two 3 year olds in our party. Is the fare 5. each for them also?
Is Port Lucaya in the same place as Our Lucaya Resorts? Is htere shopping (or what) at Port Lucaya? I understand there is a Tourism office at or near the dock. I may have to wait to get my bearings there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter