Freedom of the Seas here we come:)

cgolf

DIS Veteran
We finally partially broke free from DCL, have a placeholder booked, but booked and have the down payment in for the freedom:) The only drama we had was RCCL or Celebrity, and RCCL won this time due to the dining time setup we got.

The weird bit is I don't feel bad at all, thought I would feel a little bit bad. We will see if it hits as the trip draws near. Will be on the lookout for a last minute deal on either of these lines to use some airlines vouchers we got that need to be used up too. Now I just need to start learning all over again so I have some idea of what to expect once we step aboard on a new adventure.

Kind of cool too that this ended up being my 1000th post:)

Woo!
I'm on my cell so I can't see if you have the date in your signature. When are you sailing?

Woo!
I'm on my cell so I can't see if you have the date in your signature. When are you sailing?

Next year, I quit putting the date in my signature, seems like a bad idea to do that nowadays.

Gives us a lot of time to plan and research what we need to know. We didn't do that for our first DCL trip and were really lost that first cruise. Just really excited to finally try something new.

Switching does feel exciting. We are also changing from DCL sailing Liberty and we are excited. The water slides, surf simulator look exciting for our kids. And at HALF the price of DCL, if RC totally sucked we could in theory take another vacation but I can't imagine it being horrible.
I actually think that if we enjoy RC, we might be kicking ourselves for ever paying DCL prices.

Enjoy trip planning!

I just booked Freedom yesterday from next year...DCL has been our go to since DD 5 was born. It is exciting to start from scratch

After our break out cruise aside from DCL we tried Brilliance of the seas last November and enjoyed it. Wanted to try a newer, bigger ship and booked Freedom of the Seas for this October. Really looking forward to it! I think we are going to like RCCL

We have never done DCL, we are RC people all the way. We really enjoy the Freedom because it's the perfect size for us - it isn't insanely mammoth like the newer ships, but it's still very large, and there is always something to do. We love the bars and the dining room on the Freedom, as well. Schooner Bar had our favorite bartenders!

We are really excited about the trip because we can research and plan something again. Not saying the DCL product is stale, but we know the ships so there was no longer any buildup, just pack bags and go. It seems like the learning process adds some excitement to the vacation:)

Next year! I'm anxious enough for late March so we can sail on Freedom again. :)

OK there are a few really neat things happening between now and our flight east, so I don't want to wish the time away, but you know what I mean.

After our break out cruise aside from DCL we tried Brilliance of the seas last November and enjoyed it. Wanted to try a newer, bigger ship and booked Freedom of the Seas for this October. Really looking forward to it! I think we are going to like RCCL
Do you have children? The Radiance-class ships are lovely but I bet you'll be blown-away by how much more there is for kids to enjoy on the Freedom. :wave2:

Next year! I'm anxious enough for late March so we can sail on Freedom again. :)

OK there are a few really neat things happening between now and our flight east, so I don't want to wish the time away, but you know what I mean.

Due to some craziness on our flights back we have some ticket money to spend, so if Southwest has cheap flights to a port city, we may try to catch a good late deal on an RCCL or Celibrity cruise. Then we won't have time to plan lol

Do you have children? The Radiance-class ships are lovely but I bet you'll be blown-away by how much more there is for kids to enjoy on the Freedom. :wave2:
Our kids are grown so it's just the two of us. I looked at some you tube video of Freedom and I think we will love it. Really want to try the ice rink and the flow rider!

Our kids are grown so it's just the two of us. I looked at some you tube video of Freedom and I think we will love it. Really want to try the ice rink and the flow rider!
:teeth: Kids or no kids, check out the Shrek Breakfast and the various Character meets, if you've got any interest in that sort of thing. I was very impressed with how RCCL did with these; compared very favourably against similar experiences at the Disney parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter