Free Harry Potter wands still on?

General Panic

Mouseketeer
Hi all
not visiting until September from the U.K. , 3 years away is killing me!

i see there was in 2021 an offer where buying a Universal gift card for $250 gave you a free wand. Anyone know if that is still on the go?

cheers

I was just at Sapphire Falls last weekend and noticed the free wand sign in gift shops with purchase. I did not pay attention to the details but under the impression it is just a basic wand that does not activate the mystical magical windows , etc.
Sorry I do not have more of the details.

I swear when I was there in November 2021 it was now $295 to get the non-interactive wands.

This might sound strange, but if you get the free non-interactive wand, could you pay an extra amount to "upgrade" it to an interactive one? Like exchange it for an interactive wand and pay the difference? Or does the non-interactive wand have no in-shop value once received?

No, I don't think you can exchange. Especially with the fact Universal is getting rid of non-interactive wands.

The wand choices were limited when we did the promotion in 2021. We had 2-3 wands to pick from. I don’t know if the promo selection is still limited just be prepared that when we did it you could not pick any wand from the inventory.

This might sound strange, but if you get the free non-interactive wand, could you pay an extra amount to "upgrade" it to an interactive one? Like exchange it for an interactive wand and pay the difference? Or does the non-interactive wand have no in-shop value once received?
I wouldn’t count on being able to do that. The free wand choices were limited when we did it. Its not any wand from the inventory. I think it may be overstock characters. I don’t think they would be likely to exchange it.

Just did this 3 weeks ago. It is a free wand with a $300 giftcard. You have to take your voucher to the big Universal store at the front of the park. I was disappointed when the only two wands we could pick from were the Deatheater and Professor Slughorn ones.

I had no idea they were slowly getting rid of non interactive wands as I collect them. That's a disappointment to discover! Is there is a specific time frame they'll be gone by or is it just they're selling what they've got now and not restocking?

Just wondering we are going March 2023 if this will still be on. And did not see if you can just pay to upgrade to the interactive wand. The GC,,can it be used everywhere,,ie, all the resturants,,we could easy use up the $300 and maybe even $600 and get 2

Just wondering we are going March 2023 if this will still be on. And did not see if you can just pay to upgrade to the interactive wand. The GC,,can it be used everywhere,,ie, all the resturants,,we could easy use up the $300 and maybe even $600 and get 2
We're here right now and they still have signs up for the giftcard + free wand promo. I don't think you can upgrade it to an interactive wand. The giftcard is only for merchandise - not food except for the food in the candy and gift shops.

However, last year, as a separate promo for Mardi Gras, they had a giftcard special that could be used at restaurants. Spend $120 get an extra $30 on the card. https://wdwnt.com/2022/01/universal...-food-and-beverage-cards-for-mardi-gras-2022/

No, you cannot do this.
Yes, it is still going on and it is 300.00. There are 6 wands you can choose from, we did 3 of them because they were cool and depending on where you go, sometimes they don't have them all in stock. This was mainly an issue in the larger Studios stores.
You can only use the cards on merchandise, not food so just remember that and you can use it on interactive wands too, should you want one of those as well.

We're here right now and they still have signs up for the giftcard + free wand promo. I don't think you can upgrade it to an interactive wand. The giftcard is only for merchandise - not food except for the food in the candy and gift shops.

However, last year, as a separate promo for Mardi Gras, they had a giftcard special that could be used at restaurants. Spend $120 get an extra $30 on the card. https://wdwnt.com/2022/01/universal...-food-and-beverage-cards-for-mardi-gras-2022/
Any comparable promos this year?

Last edited:
Hi all
not visiting until September from the U.K. , 3 years away is killing me!

i see there was in 2021 an offer where buying a Universal gift card for $250 gave you a free wand. Anyone know if that is still on the go?

cheers
Yes, the deal is still available but be aware that the wand is just a piece of plastic. It is not an interactive wand that will allow you to manipulate stuff in the Harry Potter lands. You still have to buy another wand for that. I think it's very misleading to people and I'm sure it's lead to lots of disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter