Free Dining!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Anyone managed to book? I waited an hour to get on the website and now all the hotels are saying "call us' instead of letting me book... but the phone lines aren't open! Arghh!

I was in a queue and it said i would be waiting over an hour on WDTC, got a take the kids to school now so had to leave.

I did price up on virgin as that's who we booked with last time and for the same POR with not as many extras (no car, no lounge at gatwick, not upgrading the dining plan etc) it's £4000 more expensive than last year (booked in 2017) :crazy:

I knew it would be more expensive but wow.

Not looking into having a car next time due to having to pay for the car park at the hotels.

I was in a queue and it said i would be waiting over an hour on WDTC, got a take the kids to school now so had to leave.

I did price up on virgin as that's who we booked with last time and for the same POR with not as many extras (no car, no lounge at gatwick, not upgrading the dining plan etc) it's £4000 more expensive than last year (booked in 2017) :crazy:

Not looking into having a car next time due to having to pay for the car park at the hotels.
Virgin are jokers. There mark up is horrendous. Ive not looked today yet, but Thomas Cook were coming up alot cheaper. I would recommend booking the hotel on Disney site though and the flights later.

Wow that's awful! We booked direct with Disney and its come out £40 a night more than last year for the same hotel.

I managed to book at 6.02 am! I went on the site at midnight but the queue was crazy and paused so I went to bed! I didnt end up doing free dining anyway (going November/December instead) but it took 12 mins to get into the site anyway! I just tried to go on the site now to see if its any better, im now 15,121 in the queue!!! thats crazy!!! Has it ever been like this before??? the past 2 times we booked with free dining I just went on the disney site in the morning and got booked straight away, never had to queue or anything!!!

Wow that's awful! We booked direct with Disney and its come out £40 a night more than last year for the same hotel.
It's crazy :crazy:

We aren't going until 2021 but of course I wanted to get a rough price for what it could be next year (if free dining is back next year) There will be 9, possibly 11 of us going but I'm wondering if that might be too much stress for me if we had the dining plan coz I would have to plan for everyone :scared:

It's crazy :crazy:

We aren't going until 2021 but of course I wanted to get a rough price for what it could be next year (if free dining is back next year) There will be 9, possibly 11 of us going but I'm wondering if that might be too much stress for me if we had the dining plan coz I would have to plan for everyone :scared:
I’m a big advocate of onsite benefits and free dining. But things to ask yourself include how many days do you want in the parks, I will go most days. What sort of dining do you think you will want? I know I’ll eat 3 meals a day, heat or no heat.

For that size of party a villa does start to really come into its own cost wise. Maybe consider 5 days or so onsite then go to villa. No need for car until leaving Disney, consider collect Disney car care centre. You can then still go back as off site for rest of the 14 day tickets, but maybe not so many days if that suits you.

I’m a big advocate of onsite benefits and free dining. But things to ask yourself include how many days do you want in the parks, I will go most days. What sort of dining do you think you will want? I know I’ll eat 3 meals a day, heat or no heat.

For that size of party a villa does start to really come into its own cost wise. Maybe consider 5 days or so onsite then go to villa. No need for car until leaving Disney, consider collect Disney car care centre. You can then still go back as off site for rest of the 14 day tickets, but maybe not so many days if that suits you.
We love the free dining and have had it twice in the past few years. We have the regular dining plan coz we enjoy a nice table service to relax for a couple of hours but with so many of us going next time I think we will probably stay at the Bonnet Creek resort (we have stayed there before) and have separate rooms but book a couple of our special Disney restaurants that are traditions for us :)

A friend of mine was in the online queue for 5 hours and then finally got in and it errored and kicked her back to the end of the queue, its crazy :( !!! Keep trying xx

This just happened to me, ive been in the queue since 07:45 and it kicked me out at 11:55 :(

Managed to do ours at around 10.45pm last night (it opened early!). So relieved, it was a little slow but didn’t put me in a queue!

Got through in half an hour second time. If your still waiting online call 08001690730. It will be quicker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter