Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

I've been wondering myself how bad Disney is hurting... I mean I know they extended their buy 4, get 3 free deal to March. It was suppose to end at one time at the end of December. Then they extended it to the end of January maybe? AND now it is extended until like the end of March. I wonder if it will be noticeable when we go in May... :confused3

Actually they've now extended that 4/3 offer through the middle of August.

if/when free dining is offered....can it be booked online or do i need to call in? is it better to call? thanks!:thumbsup2

Anyone think there might be a chance for free dining this summer?? :thumbsup2 haha, a girl can dream, right?

if/when free dining is offered....can it be booked online or do i need to call in? is it better to call? thanks!:thumbsup2

Yes! You definitely can book online! Last year there was a seprate box that had a pic of goofy holding this big long sanwich that said Free Dining and you clicked on it and it to you thru the reservation process and added the free dining! :thumbsup2

Interesting article. I'm guessing they will do something through the end of the year in order to get more people in the parks. We are going regardless at the end of Sept but either the 4/3 or free dining would be nice.

I always looked on the Disney UK site to see if free-dine is offered. I notice the last 2 years free-dining was always offered to the UK first before dis-visa holders and general public:)

Anybody know how Disney Visa card holders are notified of free dining. I know they get to book a few days before the general public but how do they let you know. Will they send a email??? do I need to keep an eye on the website? anyone remember from last year?

Right now I am currently booked CL....if free dining comes out and there are no CL rooms available....and my only choice is CL or free dining, chances are Im going to take CL...Would they really want someone to downgrade rather than just adjust it to make my current reservation w/free dining?

I was wondering...with the free dining offer...is there already set dates for the offer? Can you buy it now? Do you need to be signed up for something in order to be eligible?

My boyfriend mentioned if there is free dining...we are going back for a 4 night trip, unless the 4/3 deal can be combined with free dining, then we would stay for the full 7! :cool1: And to think that my boyfriend thought our trip would be a huge waste of money before we actually went! I turned him into a WDW fan! :goodvibes

Right now I am currently booked CL....if free dining comes out and there are no CL rooms available....and my only choice is CL or free dining, chances are Im going to take CL...Would they really want someone to downgrade rather than just adjust it to make my current reservation w/free dining?

I feel silly, but what is CL?

ETA: I think I just realized... Club Level?

Anybody know how Disney Visa card holders are notified of free dining. I know they get to book a few days before the general public but how do they let you know. Will they send a email??? do I need to keep an eye on the website? anyone remember from last year?

I have been wondering the same thing. Anyone know?:confused3

I don't think the free dining dates have been released yet.

Sometime the end of March usually I think they release the dates!

Pretty sure you won't be able to combine it with the 4/7 IF they extend that. I think that deal is over before the typical free dining time frame.

Free dining is usaually offered early in April for travel dates in late August to September. The offer can not be combined with any other deal and for the record you pay full room rate to get free dining so keep that in mind when you decide where to stay.

I have in the past gotten emails from Disney Visa - but not EVERY time (not sure of the pattern). Your best best for finding out about FD is to check here on the DIS - you'll know first here!

Keep watching the skies, an offer might fall out. Dates for the offer have varied, there is not guarantee they will offer it again this year. If you think you can book a room only offer, then convert or upgrade to the free dinning offer when it comes out, the reservations system does not work that way. Due to limitation and restrictions and availability they have to start you over on a new reservation to "add" free dinning. Which means when you go to rebook the hotel you wanted might not be available. Having the room only reservation in hopes of converting it only takes away from the number of room on which they will offer free dinning available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter