Free Dining Opening to public

kimberemily

Earning My Ears
Question: I have already booked my vacation and pd for it for Nov 1-7th for POP. From what I am reading I will be eligible for the free dining. Since I have already booked the trip will I get the free dining and do they only allow so many per resort to get the free dining? Just wondering if I was safe?

Thanks!

Amy, I should be safe since it's already booked though right?

Having a reservation at a resort with free dining doesn't mean that you're guaranteed, even if you ask for it. There are only so many FD specials available, per resort. So if you don't have the Disney Visa and you ask for free dining when it becomes available to the general public, if the Visa holders have taken all of the FD slots for that hotel, you wouldn't be able to get it, even if you already had a reservation.

Amy, I should be safe since it's already booked though right?

Not necessarily. It depends on how many Free Dining rooms are available for your resort for your dates. If they decide to only have 100 rooms available for the promo on your dates, then you need to be one of the first 100 people to call to add the discount in order to get it.

Question: I have already booked my vacation and pd for it for Nov 1-7th for POP. From what I am reading I will be eligible for the free dining. Since I have already booked the trip will I get the free dining and do they only allow so many per resort to get the free dining? Just wondering if I was safe? Thanks!

If you booked through a travel agent, they would do it for you. If not, you have to ask for it yourself and hope its availsble when you call.

They are right. There's only a certain number of rooms per hotel so u need to start calling at 6:59 on the day it opens to the public. There are no sure things. Good luck!

We have already booked a room during the FD period because we are going regardless. If our hotel choice is sold out of rooms when the FD offer goes public, would it be possible to apply the room only discount to the room? Are RO discounts the same as FD in that you have to re-book a room or can it be applied to an existing reservation?

If I apply for a Disney Visa today (cause I got the mailing for it) can I use it immediately? Can I book free dining?
Tia!

I understand that this is open to the public on may 7 and we can start calling at 7am eastern. What time will it be available to book online (for a new reservation)? And will it be the exact same dates and resorts?

just a heads up if you're wanting to stay at a moderate don't hesitate to call first thing. we have a Disney Visa and have been trying to get one with problems - Coronado only has a few king rooms left and caribbean beach is filling up quickly. Wilderness has no queen rooms left as well.

I understand that this is open to the public on may 7 and we can start calling at 7am eastern. What time will it be available to book online (for a new reservation)? And will it be the exact same dates and resorts?

I have the same question too. If anyone has any idea, I would also like to know.

I did that last year and was able to reserve right at midnight of the day - so if its May 7 this year then on May 6 when it turns midnight it may work again this year. I live in CDT so last year the deal started Aug 1 and I logged in at 11pm July 31 and was able to do the reservation.

I did that last year and was able to reserve right at midnight of the day - so if its May 7 this year then on May 6 when it turns midnight it may work again this year. I live in CDT so last year the deal started Aug 1 and I logged in at 11pm July 31 and was able to do the reservation.

Sorry to be dense, but I want to be sure. I'm on the west coast; if I started calling at 9:00 p.m. PST on May 6 would that work?

Also, can the resort/free dining be booked online? Or do I have to phone in and speak with someone?

Thanks.

I called today...we have reservations at PO. This promotion is only valid at Coronado and Carib Beach...and the rooms at Coronado are King bed and Beach are double. However, I was able to take advantage of a 25% off the PO room. Not sure if that is a general promotion or Visa. And - yes, they verified I was a Visa card holder before they checked the promotion.

AofA/FD question. I'm currently booked in a Cars suite at AofA for our first trip, arriving on 10/3. My understanding about adding FD to our reservation (assuming the details don't change when it's open to the public on 10/7) is that we can only book a general family suite with FD, not specifically a Cars suite. My boys won't care about a Little Mermaid suite, and Lion King would be just ok, but the Cars suite would blow their little minds...so I really really want to be in a Cars suite. Anyone have experience with requesting a certain themed suite with FD and getting or not getting that request? I'd love to do the free dining, but am not sure I'm willing to give up my guaranteed Cars suite...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter