Free Dining Offer Question

bellefan7757

Mouseketeer
As my family and I are trying to reschedule our April trip and take advantage of the free dining offer, a question has come up. We already purchased 5 day tickets from AAA in January. I know that there is a minimum 2 day ticket purchase required to get free dining. My question is - can we schedule a 5 day trip (with Free Dining) for July and use the tickets from AAA, then use the other two day tickets for a quick MNSSHP trip in October? TIA

Yes, you can use the tickets from the package for any trip you want. They may need to be upgraded in terms of a change in start date but if you already have other tickets, those can be saved,

What would be important is that when you go in July, be sure that Guest Services has the tickets set so the 5 day pulls first before the 2 day.

I didn’t think discounted tickets could be used as the free dining is essentially booking a package?

OP here is the main thread for this offer. Hope there’s some info in there that helps!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-targeted-package-offer.3797989/

The person has to buy tickets from Disney to get the package. But, you don’t have to use those tickets if you have other ones, The only requirement is to purchase them,

People with an AP will get the package and then save the tickets for use to renew or buy an AP later,

The person has to buy tickets from Disney to get the package. But, you don’t have to use those tickets if you have other ones, The only requirement is to purchase them,

People with an AP will get the package and then save the tickets for use to renew or buy an AP later,

Yes, this is what I am doing. I am the only one with an AP so I didn't mind getting the FD offer for the four of us going in September. I'll either use the ticket to get another AP or just use it at a later date. I just need to remember to tell them to use my AP on the FD trip.

Similar situation to OP. We moved our April trip to August and transferred our undercover tourist tickets and 20% CBR room discount to new dates in August. We were thinking of swapping to free dining offer. Can we use the two mandatory additional park tickets that we must buy along with our undercover tourist tickets to upgrade to an annual pass. Would it be best to have Disney mail hard copy new tickets rather than have another set linked to MDE? When upgrading to AP, will they use the discounted UT price or the current Disney ticket price to bridge? Thanks!

Similar situation to OP. We moved our April trip to August and transferred our undercover tourist tickets and 20% CBR room discount to new dates in August. We were thinking of swapping to free dining offer. Can we use the two mandatory additional park tickets that we must buy along with our undercover tourist tickets to upgrade to an annual pass. Would it be best to have Disney mail hard copy new tickets rather than have another set linked to MDE? When upgrading to AP, will they use the discounted UT price or the current Disney ticket price to bridge? Thanks!

Typically, they haven’t allowed two tickets to be upgraded to one AP. Not sure if that rule will be adjusted with this new offer since many had tickets from canceled trip.

I think my post wasn’t that clear. We were hoping to apply the extra 2day tickets for everyone in our party along with everyone’s linked UT tickets toward an AP for everyone. Doable?

I think my post wasn’t that clear. We were hoping to apply the extra 2day tickets for everyone in our party along with everyone’s linked UT tickets toward an AP for everyone. Doable?
Nope. You can only upgrade one ticket to one AP, no combining tickets to increase the $$ toward a single AP.

I'll admit, I'm not familiar with how this all works, but couldn't you apply the UT tickets towards the price of the deal, and then later, apply the 'new' tickets from the deal toward the AP?

I'll admit, I'm not familiar with how this all works, but couldn't you apply the UT tickets towards the price of the deal, and then later, apply the 'new' tickets from the deal toward the AP?
There is no way to apply the value of the UT tickets to the package.

She can get the tickets reimbursed by UT. I think they have lowered the restock fee to 5%.

Or, she can upgrade them to a different, future date as stand alone tickets (which won't satisfy the package requirement for the free dining promo) or as an AP.

Either way, she will not be able to apply the value of two tickets towards one AP. She can upgrade *one* ticket to an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter