• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to generate the same thing but no matter how much I search "disneyworld" "disneyworld discounts" or "disney free dining" I'm not getting any.

Can you click on it and then post the link it takes you to? I tried searching and can't find it.

It (the link from the site itself) took me to the vacation planning site for Disney Travel. Just the regular booking page with Elsa on it. You know, the front page there. Then I went through the whole thing with the cart just for kicks to see what would happen if I added all the details and rack rate and the dining plan and it was all full price, no discount. I actually contemplated calling and telling them I was advertised something through adclick that isn't available, but I don't want to complain about something I don't really have a complain about because I have a UOC and I don't want the free dining.

I'm so disappointed. I really hope they don't require park hoppers. It's not that I don't like them, I do, but I'd rather stay longer than get ph. Wish we knew for sure!
We should know Monday. I am not as hopeful that the PH rumor is wrong at this point. Kind of stinks, but we are going regardless.

GET A FREE DINING PLAN when you buy a non-discounted 6 night/7-day Walt Disney Travel Co. package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and tickets with Park Hopper Option.
I think you may have found something. I don't remember Park Hopper ever being a requirement for fall free dining before so . . . maybe this is what's coming? Thank you very much for taking the time & trouble to post this. You certainly did a good job with the link, cut and paste or whatever you did! Good for you! Sadly, the Park Hopper requirement (if & only if this is upcoming) is going to be a problem financially & just practically for some families.

It (the link from the site itself) took me to the vacation planning site for Disney Travel. Just the regular booking page with Elsa on it. You know, the front page there. Then I went through the whole thing with the cart just for kicks to see what would happen if I added all the details and rack rate and the dining plan and it was all full price, no discount. I actually contemplated calling and telling them I was advertised something through adclick that isn't available, but I don't want to complain about something I don't really have a complain about because I have a UOC and I don't want the free dining.

That's weird. Is it normal for the behavioral targeting ads to advertise something that doesn't exist?

I'm trying to generate the same thing but no matter how much I search "disneyworld" "disneyworld discounts" or "disney free dining" I'm not getting any.

I'm not sure if searching will help, at least to bring up the same ad. I think these ads appear primarily based on your browsing history, and they aren't linked to a specific search, just based on pages you have visited. Like two of the ads that appear on my page right now are for Carnival cruise line, because I go to their page a lot. But if I search for Carnival discounts, I couldn't get specific ads to appear. Not sure if that makes sense. I think I may just be a random thing. Maybe visiting a bunch of Disney related sites would up the chance of the ad appearing.

let's say my check in day was 11/18-11/30 and I wanted to stay at BC from 11/18-11/25 and then wanted to switch to the CR for the remainder of the trip. Can I still get the FD for the CR half even though 11/25-11/30 is not within the FD days

No. If you were to stay at one resort for the entire stay and free dining is available on 11/18, then you could get it for the entire stay. Basically, Disney doesn't recognize split stays- to them, it's 2 different reservations, and free dining would have to be available on the check-in date for each one for you to get it for your entire stay. Also, you'd have to get at least a 2 day ticket with each reservation, which wouldn't be a cost effective way to get tickets for your entire trip.

That's weird. Is it normal for the behavioral targeting ads to advertise something that doesn't exist?

I'm assuming it is something that exists or will exist. I don't know how else it works or why it was there. I can't give any more info that is of help here. Sorry. I can't replicate the adclick experience because I have no idea what triggered it (something I googled? the millions of visits to MyDisneyExperience:rolleyes1? who knows!) . I really have nothing else to offer. Just wanted to share the info in case anyone wanted it. I thought it might be an adclick that slipped through ahead of time and it gives credence to the rumors about the park hopper thing. Good luck with the free dining everyone! :teeth:

I'm assuming it is something that exists or will exist. I don't know how else it works or why it was there. I can't give any more info that is of help here. Sorry. I can't replicate the adclick experience because I have no idea what triggered it (something I googled? the millions of visits to MyDisneyExperience:rolleyes1? who knows!) . I really have nothing else to offer. Just wanted to share the info in case anyone wanted it. I thought it might be an adclick that slipped through ahead of time and it gives credence to the rumors about the park hopper thing. Good luck with the free dining everyone! :teeth:

I definitely appreciate you sharing it, it gives hope and, of course, is more rumor reinforcement :D

If (and its just an "if" and speculation until the offer is released) the Park Hopper is a requirement for free dining, I suspect that Disney has done some very thorough research & number crunching with the end result to dissuade families of 4 or more (what used to be considered the traditional family unit) from using free dining. It used to be a great deal for families who had 10 yr olds and older. Bottomless stomachs on those kids or not. Park food is pricey with adult rates starting at age 10. But Park Hopper adds up significantly with every base ticket in your package. It may quickly outstrip any benefit of free dining as we used to know it. Free dining has never been free. A room only discount is the trade off. However, the combo of rack rate with Hopper will tip the scales for many families. Park Hopper isn't as big of a deal for singles and couples. It is a big deal for families with 2.2 (and many more) kids. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for fall free dining? Those who can swing Park Hopper (singles, parties of 2 or 3) may want to take advantage of this while they can. If true, this looks bad for the future of what had become a "family friendly" vacation staple.

When launching a digital ad campaign--you usually have to supply the materials 1-2 weeks prior to launch. So if a promo was going live next week, ad materials will already be with the service that is serving them. I work in advertising and the closest we have ever been able to traffic a digital ad campaign has been 72 hours--and that is cutting it uncomfortably close. So, it's possible the banner ad is real and was served up by mistake.

If (and its just an "if" and speculation until the offer is released) the Park Hopper is a requirement for free dining, I suspect that Disney has done some very thorough research & number crunching with the end result to dissuade families of 4 or more (what used to be considered the traditional family unit) from using free dining. It used to be a great deal for families who had 10 yr olds and older. Bottomless stomachs on those kids or not. Park food is pricey with adult rates starting at age 10. But Park Hopper adds up significantly with every base ticket in your package. It may quickly outstrip any benefit of free dining as we used to know it. Free dining has never been free. A room only discount is the trade off. However, the combo of rack rate with Hopper will tip the scales for many families. Park Hopper isn't as big of a deal for singles and couples. It is a big deal for families with 2.2 (and many more) kids. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for fall free dining? Those who can swing Park Hopper (singles, parties of 2 or 3) may want to take advantage of this while they can. If true, this looks bad for the future of what had become a "family friendly" vacation staple.

It's possible that the purchased park hopper, if the rumor is true, covers all or at least part of their food costs for offering free dining. If they are either A trying to keep up with rising operation costs or B losing money from the free dining plan this might be a way that they have come up with, financially, to continue offering the dining plan while still hitting their desired numbers. It could give hope that they are doing everything in their power not to take it away because it is such a popular option that brings more people in.

If it is true, I really don't like having to add the hopper option. It really has no real value for us but it's an easy way for them to make more money. My budget is very strict, so I'll adjust my days in the parks to make up for the hopper option as well as canceling one day from the vacation. I don't like it, but I'll make it work.

I love PH with kids, that make ADR puzzle less complicated for us...we decided wher we want to go at opening gate, take a swim in the afternoon and hop to the park when we make adr for diner of take a long break with the kids at the hotel before a night a mk for electrical parade and wishes

Aubrav, I've been lurking this thread all week, and I've been following along for the status of your card as much as the rumor of free dining! Sorry it didn't come today.

I'm trying to take comfort in the reassurance that as long as it comes before the general release I will not have a problem getting the package I need.

This new PH rumor, that seems to be even more likely now, has me really re-thinking.

You hit the nail on the head. With DD now 3, buying PH for the 5 of us, AND paying rack rate probably doesn't compare well to staying off property and eating OOP. Guess I better get out the calculator and draw up yet another scenario to see if the FD is still a "deal" for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter