• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same place that the original rumor came from, the South America site. Something about how the 15-27 will only be open to travel agents or agencies or something to that effect.
They originally said the 30th, not the 27th. Did that change?

I'm a Disney Visa holder. I already have a room and tickets booked for Sept. 28-Oct. 9, 2015 at CBR. We are going those dates regardless, now we could switch resorts, but I don't really want too. I have 3/4 of the bill already paid off. IF, I can get the FD, they can just add it to our existing reservation correct? I don't have the gazillion gift cards that I used to pay the bill (I bought gift cards at my local grocery store to earn gas points). If I have to switch resorts, do they have to switch my confirmation number and do a refund. Anyone know what happens if you didn't keep the gift cards?

Has anyone stayed at all star music or sports?
I'd also choose POP first. I stayed at AS Music in February and don't think it was as good as POP. Poor lighting, less efficient busing and the footprint of that resort is long & narrow so longer trek to many of the buildings including Broadway, Country Fair & Rock. POP is my go to. The room interiors (standard rooms) are pretty much the same at all Values.

They originally said the 30th, not the 27th. Did that change?

Yes, it was an update in the translated post from the website. I'll quote it below if I can find it. Maybe I'm just crazy though. It could be August 30 if you remember it that way.

Update: you're right, it's the 30th, I'll update the post.

Last edited:
How does it know to give you the 180+10 then? I have to log into my reservation to get the 180+10 through MDE

It just requires the resort reservation to be on your MDE because it's an on site perk. When you make a reservation it doesn't tie it to the resort though, it just gets linked to your MDE account.

Does Disney actually release extra dates for just TAs? I have never heard of them doing that in the 3-4 years I have been following it.

I'm a Disney Visa holder. I already have a room and tickets booked for Sept. 28-Oct. 9, 2015 at CBR. We are going those dates regardless, now we could switch resorts, but I don't really want too. I have 3/4 of the bill already paid off. IF, I can get the FD, they can just add it to our existing reservation correct? I don't have the gazillion gift cards that I used to pay the bill (I bought gift cards at my local grocery store to earn gas points). If I have to switch resorts, do they have to switch my confirmation number and do a refund. Anyone know what happens if you didn't keep the gift cards?
They can just apply it to your current reservation, even if you decide to switch resorts. You should have kept all of your cards because that's where the money goes back to. Not sure what they will do for you.

I'm pretty sure they've never done that before. I hate to say it, but it may be a ploy from a TA trying to get more business.

Like I said, we have been going every year for the past four in the fall, and have never seen a rumor where the TAs get special dates. We will see. The only real reason I care is that if those dates are potential then my dates are in it.

Does Disney actually release extra dates for just TAs? I have never heard of them doing that in the 3-4 years I have been following it.

I'm pretty sure they've never done that before. I hate to say it, but it may be a ploy from a TA trying to get more business.

I think it is just a translation issue. Last year people in Canada got earlier August dates than the US did.

I think it is just a translation issue. Last year people in Canada got earlier August dates than the US did.

Thanks Smitch. I know that was the case, but hopefully they open it up to everyone. Does Canada have its own booking site like the UK does?

Has anyone stayed at all star music or sports? If movies is going to be excluded I have to choose another value.

We loved our stay at sports! It seemed of one of our more quiet stays also. Music is very cute too, imo it's very similar to pop in many ways.

Does anyone know when southwest will open up November air fare? Jet blue has had theirs open for a while now. JB gets us to Orlando at 745 and SWA lands at 445...so I'm hoping that SWA has some good fares for us!!

Does anyone know when southwest will open up November air fare? Jet blue has had theirs open for a while now. JB gets us to Orlando at 745 and SWA lands at 445...so I'm hoping that SWA has some good fares for us!!
May 14th last time I checked the site, which was earlier this week.

Last edited:
I called Chase and then Disney, both said that Disney Visa Debit Card holders do not get the early booking promotion. Is that accurate? I had asked earlier, but just called today. Thanks.

I called Chase and then Disney, both said that Disney Visa Debit Card holders do not get the early booking promotion. Is that accurate? I had asked earlier, but just called today. Thanks.

You can get it with a debit. Still need to do a $200 deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter