Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going in late August and hoping FD might be offered then? Starting to get worried since folks are talking about October. :sad1:

Past dates have been as follows:

2014- 8/31 to 12/23
2013- 9/2- 12/22
2012- 8/25- 12/13
2011- 8/19- 12/15

Anyone going in late August and hoping FD might be offered then? Starting to get worried since folks are talking about October. :sad1:

Fiance and I are Booked for August 31- Sept 8. We get married on the 22nd, but we decided on those dates for our Disneymoon for the simple fact of FD dates in histories past.

So I have some questions:
Two years ago we went to disney on FD on a pin I received. I had no issues getting POR for oct1-10
This time around I now have a Disney visa...
So assuming these rumors are correct and FD is available April 27th...
1. 7am is when the lines open?
What happens if you call in at 6am or earlier? Does it not even answer?
2. I know when the summer promotions came available that there were rumors it was available for Disney visa members starting that day but I never got anything at all until like 3... Can you start calling before you get that notification? There is no code or anything I would need?

Just called Disney when I saw the jump in pages. Should of read through first lol. She said they are telling everyone to call back later. I said define later lol she laughed and said she didn't know but that I could call every day and bug them if I wanted they don't mind lol.

And I booked online and do have the modify reservation but would probably rely on calling because I trust that more. Oh and I got right through to someone today. No holding music first time that has happened all year. :thumbsup2

Two years ago we went to disney on FD on a pin I received. I had no issues getting POR for oct1-10
2. I know when the summer promotions came available that there were rumors it was available for Disney visa members starting that day but I never got anything at all until like 3... Can you start calling before you get that notification? There is no code or anything I would need?

Yes, 7 am eastern the lines open. If you call before, you'll get the generic closed message I believe. There is no code needed, and you can call before getting that notification! I got mine around the same time, and had already been booked for hours last year! :rotfl2:

They open at 7am, and you don't need anything other than your Visa card when you call.

Our Childrens Hospital is the only place we can challenge, our allergist had to recommend the challenge once his Ige levels were low enough.
One thing about disney they are very thorough when it comes to allergy free dining. I truly appreciated being talked through the meals with my son last Fall - by our 3rd buffet though I think I had a good handle on what was safe.
Good luck - I hope your son's allergies improve!

Good luck to your son. My 2 1/2 yr old daughter may have to have the food challenge done as well. We go for a consult next month. She has what is called FPIES, which is a non-IgE food allergy where she can't eat any dairy - milk, cheese etc. Hoping she has outgrown this by our Sept. Disney trip.

Hoping for free dining for September. Fingers crossed !

Hoping for some November dates, but would take anything at all really. In 2013 we did free dining in September and it was a fantastic trip except for the steamy hot weather. We stayed at POR that year and I would highly recommend that resort if indeed it's included in the offer.

So my question is, I see the phone lines open at 7am est, but what about online booking? Is there a certain time in the AM when the booking for free dining offer begins?

How exciting. This thread is up to 98 pages. Definitely on the uptake since the rumor from Chip and Co.

I've always gotten the room discount. I've never called early. Have they ever run out in the past for RO discount or free dining from disney visa alone that they than didn't offer as much for the public?

I mean for a September date at GF if I wanted RO or free dining should I call right at 7am or would I be okay til I got off work lol

I had the "cancel" button from the beginning, the "modify" button appeared sometime after for me and is still there. I booked through Disney site.
I booked on the phone last Nov for October 2015 and I only have the cancel button, maybe because I booked it in 2014

Hoping for some November dates, but would take anything at all really. In 2013 we did free dining in September and it was a fantastic trip except for the steamy hot weather. We stayed at POR that year and I would highly recommend that resort if indeed it's included in the offer.

So my question is, I see the phone lines open at 7am est, but what about online booking? Is there a certain time in the AM when the booking for free dining offer begins?
If your using the Visa promo I think you need to call, if using GP promo online I think you can get the promos earlier than phone

If your using the Visa promo I think you need to call, if using GP promo online I think you can get the promos earlier than phone
To clarify, I was talking about GP offer since I don't have the DVisa. I've heard it's better to book FD online that morning since the phones get swamped. If anyone knows if there is a specific time I would still appreciate any info. I'm guessing though it will just go live at some random point in the early AM.

To clarify, I was talking about GP offer since I don't have the DVisa. I've heard it's better to book FD online that morning since the phones get swamped. If anyone knows if there is a specific time I would still appreciate any info. I'm guessing though it will just go live at some random point in the early AM.

Wasn't it 6am for online and 7am for the phones?

Good luck to your son. My 2 1/2 yr old daughter may have to have the food challenge done as well. We go for a consult next month. She has what is called FPIES, which is a non-IgE food allergy where she can't eat any dairy - milk, cheese etc. Hoping she has outgrown this by our Sept. Disney trip.

Hoping for free dining for September. Fingers crossed !
My youngest DD and son outgrew milk allergy in infancy - their little systems change so much the first few years! Good luck!

If I can ask, how old are your kids and what distance do you have to drive? This will be our first trip to WDW by car, and I'm a little nervous about a 10 hour drive with my two girls, ages 3 and 9.

Edit: I see now you're in Ohio, and I don't have a thing to complain about :)

We drive 10 hours also. Last trip our DS' were 7 and 15 months. They both did great. Just have plenty of things for them to do on the drive down. Ours mostly watched movies, played on the iPad, and colored.
We're driving again in November, and they'll be 9 and 3.

Someone may have already answered this (I'm still catching up after being offline all weekend). Anyway, we applied for a Visa on 4/8/15, got instant approval, but were not given our Visa card number on the phone, however, we received our cards in the mail on 4/16 :) You have 10 days (not including today) to get approved and to hopefully receive your cards too so it may be worth a shot provided a Disney Visa is a card you'd like to have outside the initial benefit of advanced FD ressies....HTH :)

If you were signed in and got instantly approved through the Disney World link you can still book on the web. When you check out it asks if you want to use your instant credit chase account. It doesn't show you the account number but lets you make your deposit/payment. I don't know if a cast member can do the same thing...

Wasn't it 6am for online and 7am for the phones?

It just depends when they load the deal onto the website. It's not always consistent. Sometimes it's later in the afternoon, which would mean calling will get you the deal sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter