Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at CBR this past Oct (2014) and booked FD at POFQ as a bounceback for Sept 2015 for 14 nights as well. Unfortunately, we will likely have to change our dates since it's not a good time for the kiddos to be taken out of school. The CM told us we could rebook POFQ or any other moderate for Oct 2015 with 30% off the room but the FD wouldn't carry over. We haven't cancelled our plans for FD at POFQ just yet as it's really hard to kiss $3600 worth of FD away :sad: Contemplating just leaving the kids at home in Sept. and DH and I can enjoy POFQ FD by ourselves :rolleyes1
Surely there must be a way for them to work ahead or make up their schoolwork.

We stayed at CBR this past Oct (2014) and booked FD at POFQ as a bounceback for Sept 2015 for 14 nights as well. Unfortunately, we will likely have to change our dates since it's not a good time for the kiddos to be taken out of school. The CM told us we could rebook POFQ or any other moderate for Oct 2015 with 30% off the room but the FD wouldn't carry over. We haven't cancelled our plans for FD at POFQ just yet as it's really hard to kiss $3600 worth of FD away :sad: Contemplating just leaving the kids at home in Sept. and DH and I can enjoy POFQ FD by ourselves :rolleyes1
DO IT! :love: haha. I understand how hard it would be to lose that. Think of it this way for now...you're getting a better discount than most people on the boards (until something comes out .. if that happens)!

Last edited:
DO IT! :love: haha. I understand how hard it would be to lose that. Think of it this way for now...you're getting a better discount than most people on the boards (until something comes out .. if that happens)!

I couldn't pass up the FD bounceback and we couldn't afford another whole trip, so I booked for just me and my mom for 3 nights. And my DH is still giving me a hard time about the cost, lol. It's going to be so hard to pass on it this year.

Can you book your first night to be Oct 2? That is when the last day of the bounceback offer was... You could still keep free dining then...

I seem to have stopped getting email alerts for this thread, even though it still appears that I'm "watching" it. Don't want to miss the announcement when and if it happens lol! Bought my MNSSHP tix a couple days ago and got an email that they are estimated to arrive via UPS this Tuesday. Guess there is no turning back now whether free dining is offered or not! Better start putting money away with each paycheck in case it isn't, since the trip will be basically draining our Disney savings haha.

Countdown is at 162 days until we are with the mouse! It will be my husband and youngest daughter's first trip, and we will also be celebrating my mother's 70th b-day there. All she can talk about is getting back on Space Mountain while I worry about her neck and back. There's no stopping that woman though :P

Our son (16) is in Advanced Placement courses (courses they can take for college credit). It would be pretty hard on him to miss/makeup that much time unfortunately....We typically go in October during their Fall Break so that the time missed is minimal.

The kids would never forgive us if we went without them, especially our daughter (13) but it sounds tempting ;) I know, it's an awesome deal and the reason it's causing me so much grief :(

Does anyone know if Bounceback offers ever land during the same week that one is currently there (meaning October 2014 to October 2015, etc.) rather than what we were offered which was October 2014 to September 2015?

Can you book your first night to be Oct 2? That is when the last day of the bounceback offer was... You could still keep free dining then...

Fall Break for our schools is the end of October. Keeping fingers crossed for FD late October so that letting go of POFQ FD will become a no-brainer/non-stressor.....

Does anyone know if Bounceback offers ever land during the same week that one is currently there (meaning October 2014 to October 2015, etc.) rather than what we were offered which was October 2014 to September 2015?

Nope. This is our 9th year in a row (7th Oct trip), and we have never been able to take advantage of a BB.

Fall Break for our schools is the end of October. Keeping fingers crossed for FD late October so that letting go of POFQ FD will become a no-brainer/non-stressor.....
Hi
I notice you have stayed at Caribbean Beach more than once. That is where we are hoping to stay. I have never been to that resort. Can you tell me your experience there?
Thanks

Nope. This is our 9th year in a row (7th Oct trip), and we have never been able to take advantage of a BB.

Good to know, thanks! Quick question, have you noticed how the crowds have grown substantially over the past few years during October (this will be the 4th trip near the end of October for us, not sure what time of the month you are normally there). Any idea what this is attributed to? I know that many places in Europe are on Holiday during that time but not sure if that is something new for them or if its always been this way. Just curious what your thoughts are as we have really noticed a significant increase in crowds and wait times year to year.

Good to know, thanks! Quick question, have you noticed how the crowds have grown substantially over the past few years during October (this will be the 4th trip near the end of October for us, not sure what time of the month you are normally there). Any idea what this is attributed to? I know that many places in Europe are on Holiday during that time but not sure if that is something new for them or if its always been this way. Just curious what your thoughts are as we have really noticed a significant increase in crowds and wait times year to year.
Yes, over the last two years, especially. Many schools have moved to a balanced school schedule, which gives them a week or two off in October. Two years ago we saw a big increase, so when Disney blacked out an additional October week last year, I was not at all surprised. The crowds were even bigger last year, and that was without public free dining. October is still a great time to go, but it is nothing like it used to be.

Hi
I notice you have stayed at Caribbean Beach more than once. That is where we are hoping to stay. I have never been to that resort. Can you tell me your experience there?
Thanks

The first year was okay - they still had full size beds instead of queens and the room looked run-down. The weather was cold so we really didn't venture out onto the property that much.

This last year it was fabulous. The newly renovated rooms were gorgeous, the weather was fantastic, and we enjoyed the pool and property including the movies by the pool at night. Our kids love it there, as do we. We've never had a problem with the buses except for immediately following Fantasmic. The bus line was long so we decided to extend our night and head over to Magic Kingdom instead of going back to the resort, no biggie for us.

We typically don't eat in the food court except for breakfast on our last day but we do refill our mugs many times a day. It's crowded but comparable to what we experienced at POR.

Any other specific questions you have, feel free to ask :)

I don't know their situation but back when I was in HS and taking 4 AP classes at a time, that would have been extremely, extremely hard to make up that much work for 2+ weeks of being out. The homework workload is that of a typical college course. And often times AP classes can have a lab component where you need to be there to perform the lab or other assignment (chemistry, physics, maybe even calculus, etc.), so it becomes a logistics problem and not just about spending the time to do the homework. Then it gets even more complicated when you factor in the possibility for exams or other major projects in that time frame. I don't blame them at all for not wanting to miss school. AP classes are also extremely important for college prep in general. Also you have to factor in the mindset change - it can be very hard to get back into the classroom after an extended vacation, especially knowing that you are now behind your classmates and won't be able to use them as resources until you catch up. As much as I love WDW I would NOT have wanted to miss that much class back then, so I can sympathize.

Yes, over the last two years, especially. Many schools have moved to a balanced school schedule, which gives them a week or two off in October. Two years ago we saw a big increase, so when Disney blacked out an additional October week last year, I was not at all surprised. The crowds were even bigger last year, and that was without public free dining. October is still a great time to go, but it is nothing like it used to be.

2012 (our first year together as a family) was a dream for us. We could stay on the rides and ride them over and over. No lines at all. We were shocked in 2013 when the crowds were huge to what we had experienced the year before, and then last year it was even MORE crowded :( When I looked back at what the crowd levels were for last year, they came in around a 2 or 3 with a few 4's. How can that be?! I can't even imagine what it would be like with 7-10 crowds! The wait times for the more popular rides were 65 to 85 minutes and that, for us, was entirely too long! Wish Disney would increase the number of FP's!!

2012 (our first year together as a family) was a dream for us. We could stay on the rides and ride them over and over. No lines at all. We were shocked in 2013 when the crowds were huge to what we had experienced the year before, and then last year it was even MORE crowded :( When I looked back at what the crowd levels were for last year, they came in around a 2 or 3 with a few 4's. How can that be?! I can't even imagine what it would be like with 7-10 crowds! The wait times for the more popular rides were 65 to 85 minutes and that, for us, was entirely too long! Wish Disney would increase the number of FP's!!
We book our 3 FPs between 10 & 2, and we easily used 8 in a day at MK. When you go to a kiosk, take the first thing you are happy with, and then try for something better on the app. We found much better availability that way.

The first year was okay - they still had full size beds instead of queens and the room looked run-down. The weather was cold so we really didn't venture out onto the property that much.

This last year it was fabulous. The newly renovated rooms were gorgeous, the weather was fantastic, and we enjoyed the pool and property including the movies by the pool at night. Our kids love it there, as do we. We've never had a problem with the buses except for immediately following Fantasmic. The bus line was long so we decided to extend our night and head over to Magic Kingdom instead of going back to the resort, no biggie for us.

We typically don't eat in the food court except for breakfast on our last day but we do refill our mugs many times a day. It's crowded but comparable to what we experienced at POR.

Any other specific questions you have, feel free to ask :)
Thank you for the info. I am trying to get first hand knowledge. Last year we stayed at Coronado and were excited to try a new place. We had an unfortunate experience of someone from housekeeping(or someone else with a key) going through our things and a few items went missing. I am sure it was a very isolated incident, but it made us not really want to return to that resort. The Caribbean looks very nice and we are determined not to let that one bad experience deter us from going back and enjoying the magic.

Hey Everybody!
My Fiance and I are planning a trip for our honeymoon and hoping to get free dinning. I have one quick question about it. We are getting married August 22, and want to ideally honeymoon August 26-Sept 2. Since our last dates might end on when free dinning begins, would we qualify?

TIA!

Hey Everybody!
My Fiance and I are planning a trip for our honeymoon and hoping to get free dinning. I have one quick question about it. We are getting married August 22, and want to ideally honeymoon August 26-Sept 2. Since our last dates might end on when free dinning begins, would we qualify?

TIA!

From my understanding, your first day (checkin day) would have to be included in free dining to be allowed it for your entire trip.

I've got the Disney Visa, and I used to put the deposit down on my room and am hoping for FD, but I've got a few questions:
1. When the offer is released, do I call Disney or Visa to get the free dining?
2. I'm staying in a budget resort and hoping to upgrade the FD plan. Do I need to pay that with the Disney card, or can I use any card for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter