Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

tinkerbella16 said:
I never book a Disney trip EXPECTING a discount. I wish others wouldn't do that either because now too many are "sad" and "upset" because nothing was released yet. I book the trip and go either way. If a discount comes out, then that makes it even better.. if not, then ok I am still going! So either way it is a win win situation! We all love saving money, but if you expect so much all of the time, you will most likely end up in disappointment.

It amazes me how many people book expecting discounts. I booked what we could afford. The discounts are icing on my disney cake :)

It amazes me how many people book expecting discounts. I booked what we could afford. The discounts are icing on my disney cake :)

Exactly. Discount would be great and let us get more bang for our buck but we booked what we could afford

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I never book a Disney trip EXPECTING a discount. I wish others wouldn't do that either because now too many are "sad" and "upset" because nothing was released yet. I book the trip and go either way. If a discount comes out, then that makes it even better.. if not, then ok I am still going! So either way it is a win win situation! We all love saving money, but if you expect so much all of the time, you will most likely end up in disappointment.

Exactly. Discount would be great and let us get more bang for our buck but we booked what we could afford

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney rack rates are crazy expensive. Those of us on these boards know that discounts do exist. Discounts can make or break a trip for some families. I priced a rack rate stay at a Value and it was not a LOT less than my stay was at AKL with a discount. Could I *afford* to stay at a Vaue paying rack rate? Sure - but there is no way I would! Not when I know I can get more for less..
That being said, I don't book a stay and they expect a discount. But I am not going to the World without some sort of deal. If it means I have to change resorts or dates, then I am ok with that. I know that for a some, certain weeks are the only options due to school/work etc...But with a little research, patience and flexibility you can get some sort of :surfweb:deal. Booking a trip and paying rack rate for everything... That just makes no sense to me.

Disney rack rates are crazy expensive. Those of us on these boards know that discounts do exist. Discounts can make or break a trip for some families. I priced a rack rate stay at a Value and it was not a LOT less than my stay was at AKL with a discount. Could I *afford* to stay at a Vaue paying rack rate? Sure - but there is no way I would! Not when I know I can get more for less..
That being said, I don't book a stay and they expect a discount. But I am not going to the World without some sort of deal. If it means I have to change resorts or dates, then I am ok with that. I know that for a some, certain weeks are the only options due to school/work etc...But with a little research, patience and flexibility you can get some sort of :surfweb:deal. Booking a trip and paying rack rate for everything... That just makes no sense to me.

Ditto about I am not going to the World without some sort of deal...That's our thoughts as well as our travel agents....

She is on the same track as us...get a room reserved and change if / when needed for a discount. She herself told us there is no reason to pay rack rate / get no discount...you just have to be patient!

chocovrdmicears said:

I agree....they are crazy. I guess what my biggest gripe is....when people book expecting a discount and than complain when they don't. Disneys not dumb...why would they give away at a discount wyat people are paying for. I booked what I couid afford rack rate. I got fd for my october trip...total icing. I dont need frills....I need a shower and a bed. I'm easy to please...lol

Me too, we can only afford to go every 4-5 years so getting FD this year means I will have that much left over towards the next trip. :)
No FD would mean it would be closer to 5 years the next time around with the way Disney raises prices.

Is the price I look at on Disneys website with no discounts the rack price? Can I figure the current price the same with free dinng? Does the 30% discount for the room only come off current price I am looking at? Thanks!

Me too, we can only afford to go every 4-5 years so getting FD this year means I will have that much left over towards the next trip. :)
No FD would mean it would be closer to 5 years the next time around with the way Disney raises prices.

Same here! We are not the people that go every year so when we do go, its to be in the parks, not the resort. I book at the value and we get the dining plan, so if we do get a FD discount, we then choose to either upgrade the dining plan or upgrade to a mod resort, depending on our finances at that time.

This year we will be going to F&WF so if we get FD we might just stay at the value and use the discount to pay for special events while we are there. I would much rather have a special event memory instead of just a bigger bed. :thumbsup2

Is the price I look at on Disneys website with no discounts the rack price? Can I figure the current price the same with free dinng? Does the 30% discount for the room only come off current price I am looking at? Thanks!

Yes - the price you are looking is Rack Rate - that is what you will pay if you get Free Dining.

The 30% off would come off that price.

:)

I agree....they are crazy. I guess what my biggest gripe is....when people book expecting a discount and than complain when they don't. Disneys not dumb...why would they give away at a discount wyat people are paying for. I booked what I couid afford rack rate. I got fd for my october trip...total icing. I dont need frills....I need a shower and a bed. I'm easy to please...lol

I don't know why you would even have a *gripe* with others about this.
For you, any discount is "icing on the cake" - you can afford rack rate..you are lucky.
For others, discounts can make or break a vacation. The whole Discount/Free Dining/Room % off/ PIN booking process can be stressfull and quite frankly a pain in the tail- in some cases it is a $1000+ savings difference.

Disney doesn't always release discounts that far in advance...so people book based on historical info. Sometimes it doesn't work out for them because the discount doesn't look the same as last year so yes, they might get upset. Human nature.

I've only posted a few times but I just got off the phone with the nicest CM. First I asked him to check for pins but no luck...I asked "out of curiosity should I call back on Thursday after the current offer has expired?" He said they aren't allowed to say much but yes, I should definitely call back and even tho the wait may be long to stay on the line b/c it'll be worth the wait! He got his point across without coming out and saying yes, there is a new offer for FD coming Thursday, lol.

chocovrdmicears said:
I don't know why you would even have a *gripe* with others about this.
For you, any discount is "icing on the cake" - you can afford rack rate..you are lucky.
For others, discounts can make or break a vacation. The whole Discount/Free Dining/Room % off/ PIN booking process can be stressfull and quite frankly a pain in the tail- in some cases it is a $1000+ savings difference.

Disney doesn't always release discounts that far in advance...so people book based on historical info. Sometimes it doesn't work out for them because the discount doesn't look the same as last year so yes, they might get upset. Human nature.

I think I phrased that wrong....I guess yesterday morning there were a certain few on another board that were complaining because the fd didn't come out and they were being really nasty about it. I did rack rate on a value and took almost a year to pay it off and I already got fd for my October trip. That was a bonus. So I booked what I could afford...I use that term loosely, trust me. If I didn't get fd I would have taken longer to pay off and I would be ok with that, I didn't depend on it like a lot of people did and than got mad and nasty when it didn't come out yesterday. I didn't mean it offensively.

Yes - the price you are looking is Rack Rate - that is what you will pay if you get Free Dining.

The 30% off would come off that price.

:)

Thanks! That's what I thought. Rooms are already becoming unavailable. Woods and standard view already gone for our dates at WL. Week of October 19th.

It's quite simple for us.....FD means we stay on property;no FD we stay off property in a larger,nicer room with bigger beds,kitchen etc....We'll enjoy our trip either way,but we sure do LOVE FD!!!! FD makes it a LOT easier-don't have to cook,drive,or park! That being said,we can usually save major bucks if we stay off property,so there is a trade off.;)

Just coming off a 13 hour day at work and I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered. I get there's no fd at POFQ. Will there be ANY room discount? I'm on a bounceback but added 2 days at rack rate so I'd love any discount on that.

Can someone please explain the no free dining for POFQ? I have never heard of this! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter