Free dining and difficult ADRs?

Wayland10

DIS Veteran
Hi folks! My family is staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House from July 29-August 6th. We're DVC members staying on points, so not eligible for Free Dining. Due to schedules this is the only time we can possibly visit this year. How difficult is it going to be to get ADRs during this period? I wanted CRT, Jiko, Via Napoli, Biergarten and HDDR. Who has experienced visiting during this perioid? Any advice is welcome!

WE always take advantage of FD, and we always get our ADR's I am pretty obsessive about making them though, and am online at 6 AM sharp.

I think that many your choices are not going to "sell out" immediately, however Via Napoli and CRT are pretty popular so I wold make those first, and I wodul make them at 189 days out if possible.

You will be fine at 180 days out, IMO! :flower1:

IMHO CRT is about the only one there might be an issue with.

Yep to that - we always go every August during free dining & at 180 days out (& even closer to your departure date) you will have no problems getting good ressies (30 days & less to your arrival date it gets a lot harder to get ressies). Cinderella's Castle and Be Our Guest are the only ones that can be hard to get - even at the 180 mark.

Thanks for the reassurance! It's the first time I've gone at this time of year.

Thanks for the reassurance! It's the first time I've gone at this time of year.
It is a fun time to go, and who does not like to eat for free???? LOL!

Seriously, even if you miss one that you really want, it will eventually pop up. People tend to overbook initially and as they tweak their plans the extra ADR's get dropped.

we use free dining every year and have been able to snag last minute adr's a week or two out when I change my mind!! :rolleyes1

We never purchase the dining plan and have gone during free dining periods many times. I have never had issues getting the ADR's I want at the 180 day mark. You do need to be strategic, however, with the hard-to-get ADR's. Personally, I would try to put CRT as far into your trip as you can. The others you mention should be easy to get.

I've always had my list of places to eat ready to go at the 180 day mark and have never had a problem getting the reservations I wanted.

With FD as a factor, I agree with the others that have said you’ll be fine as long as you make your ADRs at your first opportunity. I wouldn’t wait.

I do notice a big difference in availability during FD. Definitely need to book adr as soon as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter