1 entree
1 dessert
1 drink

So per person per day you would get:
1 snack
2 entrees
2 desserts
2 drinks

Now you are getting 2 snacks + 2 QS credits. A QS credit now only is an entree and a drink. So now you get per person per day:
2 snacks (or desserts)
2 entrees
2 drinks

So you are getting 6 items instead of 7. Or am I missing the point?

okay let's make it simple and play as if Dessert was really removed from the CS credit.

First of all, you've got a smallish error in your calculation

The QS dining plan used to be:
1 snack + 2 QS credits
A QS credit used to be:
1 entree
1 dessert
1 drink

this is not 100% accurate

QS credit used to be
1 entrée
1 drink
for breakfast

and 1 dessert was added for Lunch and Dinner.

There are winners and losers depending on our past habits. First timers on the dining plan won't have anything to compare it to.
So, here is our random guest trying to figure if they lose or win with this speculated change.
(I'm not mentionning drinks, as this feature don't change)

Case #1 : Guest is on QSDP and used to eat Breakfast (and of course either lunch or dinner for the second credit)

Before that guest received :
2 entrees (1 for breakfast, and 1 for lunch or dinner
1 dessert (at lunch or dinner)
1 snack

Now that guest will receive
2 entrées
2 snacks (1 of which could be used to get a dessert, at the restaurant, or at any other place)

for that guest, nothing has changed. Because they were already losing out by getting breakfast which didn't include dessert in the first place. That guest will still come ahead because they won't need to eat the terrible dessert item they often serve at in-park CS restaurants. They'll be able to get something else if they're still hungry

case #2 : that guest eats both lunch and dinner at CS restaurants

before that guest received
2 entrées
2 desserts
1 snack

now that guest will receive
2 entrées
2 snacks.

that guest will lose one snack item. They are the losers in this change, and since we all know in our collective consciousness that breakfast on the DDP is (used to be) a poor use of a credit (less expensive and no dessert) many among us do lunch and dinner on QSDP . And that's where the losers will be, compared to what we used to know/get

case #3 : guest is on DDP and eats their CS meal for breakfast

before, that guest received :
1 TS meal (including dessert)
+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
1 snack

1 TS meal including dessert)
+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
2 snacks

that guest will enjoy one more snack item

case #4 : guest is on the DDP and use their CS meal for lunch or dinner

before :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
1 dessert
1 snack

now :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
2 snacks

for that guest nothing has changed except that they no longer have to have dessert with their CS meal.
CS desserts are parks are often terrible, so that guest has the opportunity to go someplace else, get a cinammon roll or something for dessert instead of those yucky ice cream stuff ... well... in my opinion that's a win.

Last edited:
okay let's make it simple and play as if Dessert was really removed from the CS credit.

QS credit used to be
1 entrée
1 drink
for breakfast

There are winners and losers depending on our past habits. First timers on the dining plan won't have anything to compare it to.
So, here is our random guest trying to figure if they lose or win with this speculated change.

Case #1 : Guest is on QSDP and used to eat Breakfast (and of course either lunch or dinner for the second credit)

1 snack

2 entrées
2 snacks (1 of which could be used to get a dessert, at the restaurant, or at any other place)

for that guest, nothing has changed. Because they were already losing out by getting breakfast which didn't include dessert in the first place. That guest will still come ahead because they won't need to eat the terrible dessert item they often serve at in-park CS restaurants. They'll be able to get something else if they're still hungry

2 entrées
2 desserts
1 snack

2 entrées
2 snacks.

that guest will lose one snack item. They are the losers in this change, and since we all know in our collective consciousness that breakfast on the DDP is (used to be) a poor use of a credit (less expensive and no dessert) many among us do lunch and dinner on QSDP . And that's where the losers will be, compared to what we used to know/get

+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
1 snack

+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
2 snacks

before :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
1 dessert
1 snack

now :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
2 snacks

for that guest nothing has changed except that they no longer have to have dessert with their CS meal.
CS desserts are parks are often terrible, so that guest has the opportunity to go someplace else, get a cinammon roll or something for dessert instead of those yucky ice cream stuff ... well... in my opinion that's a win.
Good explanation.
I've not used the QS plan so assumed it was always a breakfast plus lunch or dinner.

Well I've been thinking about this and crunching numbers, having to convert over to Swedish kroner as I live here now but also watching myself so as I don't slip into Mickey math mode to make it seem more affordable! :rolleyes1 Really although I'd like to stay at FQ again realistically I should book at Pop.

However! I remembered and had a look at David's DVC rentals and AKL, in a value studio (?), or the Boardwalk after I figured in 60$/ day for food - seem to be on par with the Coronado with free dining, which would be great!

Now these are this year's prices and things can change, but it sounds good, no? I'd never be able to stay two weeks at the Boardwalk otherwise.

Also I'm booked at the FQ with free dine this Nov with last years offer, but I wonder, if anyone has done it, is it a huge headache to to upgrade the Ultimate ticket to an AP?

Thanks! :flower1:

QS credit used to be
1 entrée
1 drink
for breakfast

1 snack

2 entrées

2 entrées
2 desserts
1 snack

2 entrées
2 snacks.

+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
1 snack

+ for CS :
1 entrée (breakfast)
2 snacks

before :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
1 dessert
1 snack

now :
1 TS meal with dessert
+ for CS :
1 entrée
2 snacks

That's a very thorough explanation. Thanks. What you write seems to be 100& accurate. I never looked at it that way actually. I always pay for breakfast OOP because it's not a good use of a QS credit so I never considered that some people do so.

When it comes to the changes in the QS meals
I'm pretty pleased about it.
As some have mentioned, that you had a choice of a rubbish little artificial tasting chocolate and carrot cake in half of the QS places for your choice of dessert,
And only certain places offered anything decent, like sunshine seasons ( I will miss those but can use my snack anyway) or sometimes the odd dessert that was seasonal,other then cupcakes!
The amount of people who used to take the dessert bk for later as it wasn't something they wanted or needed right then, and then they would pile up in the fridge is many! Lol

We can't wait for Lapland but it's bitter sweet cause we could easily do a 2 week Disney trip for only slightly more money.

I haven't looked at the prices for other resorts but it's obviously higher across the board. I couldn't believe it when I saw the price for GF!
I have heard it's expensive!!

The GF price went down at the weekend, plus the 3 nights at GF with no dining would have cost almost as much as the upgrade AKL to GF...... Soooo, we changed plans again, two weeks at GF followed by 1 week at the Bohemian in Celebration :)

I have heard it's expensive!!

The GF price went down at the weekend, plus the 3 nights at GF with no dining would have cost almost as much as the upgrade AKL to GF...... Soooo, we changed plans again, two weeks at GF followed by 1 week at the Bohemian in Celebration :)
That sounds like a great plan and too good to miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter