Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

Yes, that was a Pro-Black post.

Yes. I ultimately decided to rent DVC points for Sept. so no FD. But, small family going deluxe that made more sense.

I wouldn't have known that without this thread.

Even though I didn't get FD, Black being involved with this project helped me make the best vacation possible for our family.

I'm indebted.

My point was that I strongly disagreed with Black's comment that maybe prognosticating wasn't as valuable anymore.

Even without FD, this thread was of extreme value to me because it helped me make the right decision AND at least as important, I'm sure of it. I'm not second guessing FD now because this thread taught me how to run the numbers and be sure.

This also means I was able to book DVC awhile back, and timing is everything for DVC. If I had to wait until FD was released in order to compare, it would have been near impossible to be 8 days split between SSR 1br, BLT, and AKV Kidani Savannah for about $1800 total. (We wanted to try different DVC rooms to see if we want to buy). $220/night for deluxe DVC rooms including a few days in a 1br is a great deal, even without FD.

Because of this thread, I knew that.

Because of Black, I knew that.

Thank you, Black.

For those that have done their ADRs, how long were the phone waits if you call right when they open? I know I can do it online an hour earlier, but my first night is RO. I am hoping for a CM that will do my whole stay. Sounds like mixed results with that but can't hurt to try. It's 7 am eastern for the phone, right? I will only have 25 minutes to do it before I have to leave for work.

For those that have done their ADRs, how long were the phone waits if you call right when they open? I know I can do it online an hour earlier, but my first night is RO. I am hoping for a CM that will do my whole stay. Sounds like mixed results with that but can't hurt to try. It's 7 am eastern for the phone, right? I will only have 25 minutes to do it before I have to leave for work.

My guess is the wait times will still be at least that long. I waited 40 min late fri for BBB appt.

Yes, this! Thanks Black, Smitch and everybody else!

Thanks. And it's not that I don't want to keep everyone's questions answered. It's just that making a prediction of a date, or sharing dates I've found on other sites is starting to have a negative effect. Aside from making the mouse upset, which can then turn into changed dates or misinformation, people start to make plans based on things being accurate when they aren't always. I think saying "it's about that time once again" is just as good at getting folks prepared as it would be if a date is out there. Everyone knew it happened lat the beginning of last May so it wasn't a big surprise.

I think it's having a negative effect and shouldn't happen the way it does.

Thanks. And it's not that I don't want to keep everyone's questions answered. It's just that making a prediction of a date, or sharing dates I've found on other sites is starting to have a negative effect. Aside from making the mouse upset, which can then turn into changed dates or misinformation, people start to make plans based on things being accurate when they aren't always. I think saying "it's about that time once again" is just as good at getting folks prepared as it would be if a date is out there. Everyone knew it happened lat the beginning of last May so it wasn't a big surprise.

I think it's having a negative effect and shouldn't happen the way it does.

I understand... and can see your point. I think it's one of those "you're wrong no matter what" situations :-)

Don't know that I have any particularly valid advice. Maybe trying it "less exactingly" next time around and see what happens?

This thread has been so popular, we are now on part 3.

Free Dining for 2014 is here

The dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children).

Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Some resorts are excluded, such as All Star Movies, Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian.

A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Let the discussion commence!!!

The offer I saw requires a stay of 6 nights. What am I missing? We're planning on staying at Coronado for 4 nights. Thanks.

As people cancel some of their FD reservations because they're getting pins, etc. I don't believe the rooms are going back into FD rooms for others. There are a few resorts which have been sold out since the day of the release. That has not changed at all and I have checked several times every day since then. That's very frustrating! I spoke to a CM agreed with me that canceled reservations are not going back into free dining for others.

As people cancel some of their FD reservations because they're getting pins, etc. I don't believe the rooms are going back into FD rooms for others. There are a few resorts which have been sold out since the day of the release. That has not changed at all and I have checked several times every day since then. That's very frustrating! I spoke to a CM agreed with me that canceled reservations are not going back into free dining for others.

I recently cancelled my courtyard view at WL and switched to POR because of a PIN. I was online to see if one was available and it never became available. Im thinking they may not BUT a CM told me online only updates 2x a day

That is standard procedure. It is out of the ordinary for a room that was booked through FD then cancelled to go back in the pool of FD rooms. They normally go back into the general pool of rooms. Not saying it doesn't happen, it is just rare that it does.

That is standard procedure. It is out of the ordinary for a room that was booked through FD then cancelled to go back in the pool of FD rooms. They normally go back into the general pool of rooms. Not saying it doesn't happen, it is just rare that it does.
However, they do add rooms to FD offers when they sell out. Saturday morning I called with the pin I received and I knew that only Garden View and Pool view were part of the POR AB free dining offer. During the course of the call the pool view rooms sold out, so I had one room in each category. Within the next hour all AB rooms had sold out because I kept checking through the pin offer online. This morning I checked again online and they had added more rooms to the offer. I called and switched the room to the pool view so I would have a better chance of connecting rooms. Now only Garden view are available.

I understand... and can see your point. I think it's one of those "you're wrong no matter what" situations :-) Don't know that I have any particularly valid advice. Maybe trying it "less exactingly" next time around and see what happens?

Disney is getting the job done. In years past, these things leaked out two weeks before.

This time, had the dates not showed up posted on Facebook on the 28th, three days before, it wouldn't have happened.

So they got it down from two weeks to three days. Before long it will be back to well educated predictions, those were the fun days anyway.

Wow, just checked 10/3-10/6 for the Values and show nothing available.....is it truly sold out?

Wow, just checked 10/3-10/6 for the Values and show nothing available.....is it truly sold out?

I'm seeing no availability with FD during this time frame, too. It appears that the last week of September into October is very popular. The Tower of Terror 10Miler is the first weekend in October, maybe that is contributing to the bookings.

When I called in last week on Friday, the CM told me that the FD rooms in October and November were booking up really fast. You still have your pick pretty much for all of September.

We are going this week and snagged POP right at 7:30am. CSR never showed availability for me and within 2-3 hours, all of CBR was gone and POP was gone within a day. I keep checking for something to open at CSR but I don't think it's likely.

I have a Bounceback offer. 35% off for my upcoming trip. Now FD is out. I'm thinking which would be better? We're staying at the BWI in a Deluxe CL room. My head is spinning! Lol
My dates are 10/27-11/3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter