Free Dining 2013 Part 2 ~ The Sequel

Congrats! Don't leave us hanging, though! What did you book? :goodvibes

Well if all works out it will be at AKV!!! my fiancée liked it the best. And my dates are now nov 9th-13th we are going over to Clearwater beach as well for a couple days.

Well if all works out it will be at AKV!!! my fiancée liked it the best. And my dates are now nov 9th-13th we are going over to Clearwater beach as well for a couple days.

9th and 10th might be a little busier than usual due to the end of NJ week, but even so is not like they fill the parks. Just make an enough dent in the system to remove any offers. But parks should clear out starting on the 11th... Have fun!

That sounds perfect...Disney and the beach!!! Happy for you! Enjoy those romantic sunsets. : )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Here's two we created......
2013-04-11224523_zps2bef1b45.jpg

2013-04-10231152_zpse8dde6ba.png

Those are awesome! Would you be open to us using your designs?

Unless otherwise stated, you have to cancel an ADR no later than 24 hours in advance of the reservation to avoid the $10.00 late cancel/no show fee.
Vacation packages are supposed to be paid no later than 45 days prior to your check in date. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can upgrade your FD package when you check in (which would give you some extra time to save the money for the upgrade). If you decide not to upgrade, just cancel your ADRs in time so you won't be charged the fee.
I suggest calling Disney reservations to find out for sure if you can upgrade the FD plan when you get there. Just tell them you're not sure if you want to do that or not so would it be possible to ... Good luck!
And I hope whatever the emergency was that it's nothing too serious. Enjoy your WDW vacation!

Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!:)

SORRY: meant to quote Katmat...kids home from school are starting to get to me : )

Oh, man...I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything is okay! I don't know if this will help, but since you already had your package booked before June 17 (is that correct?), then you should at least not be charged the higher price dining difference. And roughly, it is $18 and some change to upgrade to basic dining for adults per day, and is about $3 and some change per child per day!!! Hope everything works out!!!!pixiedust:

I am glad you are still able to go!!!:cool1: Hope all is okay!:)

Thanks to all! I think we are just going to stick with the QS and leave it at that! The only thing I might do is keep the CM Breakfast!

This was just posted on the Disney TA Blog:

"Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months."

Anyone have more details?

This comment was just posted by Disney:
"This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request"
Also added that family suites at aoa and music are not affected as it's a different refrigerator style.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Such a bummer! I was so looking forward to having a refrig in the room this year!

I can't imagine it taking 4 months to replace the refrigerators. The longest part is probably ordering them I would think. Especially during the summer months, you would think that Disney would do a quick turn around. IMO at least.

So I decided to call & change our ressies to 10/16-21 with a split stay at POP & then POFQ for 3 nights starting on the 18 which should begin FD if it is opened back to the public. I know the CM's don't always know what's going on but he said it was a detriment to split resorts cause I'd have to move & that the FD pin wouldn't be offered to the public cause its a PIN. I didn't even want to push the issue so I just said "thanks" & hung up. Don't know whether I should call back or wait until FD is actually offered.

So I decided to call & change our ressies to 10/16-21 with a split stay at POP & then POFQ for 3 nights starting on the 18 which should begin FD if it is opened back to the public. I know the CM's don't always know what's going on but he said it was a detriment to split resorts cause I'd have to move & that the FD pin wouldn't be offered to the public cause its a PIN. I didn't even want to push the issue so I just said "thanks" & hung up. Don't know whether I should call back or wait until FD is actually offered.

If you are only switching if free dining is offered wait. If you plan to do a split stay regardless call back. The cms do not have any idea whether it will be offered or not, so don't let what he said bother you.

This was just posted on the Disney TA Blog:

"Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months."

Anyone have more details?

This comment was just posted by Disney:
"This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request"
Also added that family suites at aoa and music are not affected as it's a different refrigerator style.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Such a bummer! I was so looking forward to having a refrig in the room this year!

This stinks! We were going to use the grocery delivery for water and other things. I wonder if I call the resort directly I can find out the chances of having one. It will decide what I have delivered!

This stinks! We were going to use the grocery delivery for water and other things. I wonder if I call the resort directly I can find out the chances of having one. It will decide what I have delivered!

Us too. If FD doesn't come to pass, we will be COUNTING on a fridge for quick snacks, DS's milk, etc. I think I will call.

Just a heads up: I just called to schedule a first haircut for my DS at Harmony Barbershop, but anyway, the CM told me that a previous CM had put my city in as Fot Way and not Fort Wayne; could be why I have NOT received any snail mail???:confused3 Might want to check???;);) And this has been since my last fiasco in May (it was correct then, so it had to be the last time I called in June!)

Just a heads up: I just called to schedule a first haircut for my DS at Harmony Barbershop, but anyway, the CM told me that a previous CM had put my city in as Fot Way and not Fort Wayne; could be why I have NOT received any snail mail???:confused3 Might want to check???;);) And this has been since my last fiasco in May (it was correct then, so it had to be the last time I called in June!)

That should not have affected any delivery unless the zip code was incorrect too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter