Free DDP 8/23-8/26

cinderella_mom

Disneyland is my 2nd home...
Cast of Characters: Me, DH and DD5. We are all pescetarians(eat seafood, but no other meat.)

We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at WDW. Even though we were only there a short time, we got a good taste of Disney.

We arrived on Wednesday evening and headed to DTD. DH wasn't feeing great, so DD and I ate at WPEx. One adult CS and one child CS. We got 5 Cheese pizza w/fountain drink and cookie and child's cheese pizza w/milk and brownie. The pizza was good, like WP restaurants elsewhere, but the brownie was very dry. We ended up throwing it away.

Next morning we had breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK. Both the food and the character interaction were great. The omelet bar had many toppings to choose from and the potatoes were wonderful. I recommend this place if you have kids. Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore visited each table and stayed long enough for autographs and multiple pictures, plus hugs and kisses. 3 TS.

We were so stuffed from breakfast that we didn't eat lunch. We got two pretzels and a soda. 3 snacks.

For dinner we went to the GF for the 1900 Park Fare Cinderella dinner. It was fantastic. We saw Fairy Godmother, Cinderella, Perla, Suzy and Prince Charming. We even met some disers with a DD7 and spent an hour in the lobby of GF letting them dance to the live band in their princesses costumes. They had wonderful salmon and a pasta station with shrimp. The CM told us we were entitled to a smoothie as a drink, but skipped it in order to have the chocolate cake with strawberries. They also have a sundae station. 3 TS.

The next morning we had breakfast at Akershus in Epcot. Because we don't eat meat, I was afraid the family-style dining would be limiting, but since we were doing it for the princesses, I thought it would be worth it. It turned out to be fantastic. Plenty of food. Scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, fruit and the best hashbrown casserole I've every tasted. They even made us pancakes which weren't on the menu. We saw Cinderella, Belle, Mulan, Alice and Snow White. The total experience gets a big thumbs up. 3 TS.

We had planned to eat at the Yorkshire fish house for a CS lunch but it was closed. It started raining, so we ducked into Patisseries in France. I paid for one veggie quiche and a plain croissant ($7) and got a soda as a Snack. The quiche was delicious. We also had one pretzel which we shared. Later we went to a cart near TT to get a bottle of water. The scanner wasn't working so they couldn't scan our cards and let us have the water free.

For dinner we ate at Sassagoula food court at our resort(POFQ). We had three mini pizzas, two salads, breadsticks, banana and one ice cream. They didn't even say anything about DD needing to order from the kids menu. We had a milk and two water bottles for the beverages. The food was pretty good for a food court. The pizza chef made our pizzas to order so we didn't have to choose just cheese. They put green peppers, onions, tomatoes and olives on them. 3 CS

The next morning it was time to go. We stopped into Sassagoula for breakfast and had two omelets with biscuits and and order of Mickey waffles with strawberries. We got soda, milk and a water bottle as the beverages. We used our three remaining Snack Credits for beignets and two more water bottles for our trip to Port Canaveral. The omelets were made to order at the same station as the pizzas, so they had all the same toppings for the omelets. DH loved the biscuits. The beignets were okay. Not as good as from NO, but okay.

All in all, we enjoyed all of our food choices. We ate well and had a lot of character interaction, which was really the point of our dining choices.

welcome back from your cruise, so you rebooked? we booked a 3 nighter presidents week, feb 22-25 , just riley and myself, dh cannot take off from work in the winter months. we plan on doing 2/18-2/22 at saratoga then the cruise, kids have off that week from school here in ny. the only reason i will change the date is if i cannot find good airfare and right now there are no deals to speak of. riley starts school tomorrow, weather here is in the sixties, i sure miss the humidity and high temps we had when we were in the world. so was the cruise fab? i so want to do a disney cruise. if we like the 3 nighter then perhaps we will try for the 7 night. say hi to your dh and dd for us and riley sends a special hello. pics are great from the gf, and the video portion of the dancing is priceless!!!! good to see you back on the boards, liz

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter