Free Cutting Board for AP

I got one this past Friday evening around 8. The line was about 50 people deep or so and I waited about 3 minutes to get both the cutting board and magnet. The cutting board giver-outer-girl was super strict with the magic band checking. She scanned the few of us waiting for it multiple times. One lady she scanned literally 5 or 6 times! Maybe it was a background check in case people were using them as a weapon; who knows.

I like the magnet but the cutting board is pretty chintzy. It looks like something they'd use at tony's town square, not actual food prep.... but I guess it's a fun little souvenir and they didn't have to give it to me, either. In equally exciting news, I discovered the kiosk outside of test track serves excellent complimentary cups of ice cold water, and the sunshine seasons eatery in the land pavilion is an excellent free self-serve ice cold water spot.

We were there Labour Day weekend, and picked up our cutting boards Monday before we left. The line seems long but it moves fast.

You do NOT need to visit the Festival Centre except to pick up your magnet and/or cutting board. (A couple in front of us thought you had to register each visit, and waited in almost the whole line before finding out they didn’t.)

Check your cutting board over when they hand it to you...my first one had a blurred Mickey, and I had to go back in and trade it because I didn’t notice right away.

BTW, when we were there last weekend, the Passholder merchandise counter at Mousegears still had lots of Donald magnets from the summer. If you didn’t get one, it’s worth stopping to check.

Here’s pics of ours, with the magnets for size comparison

View attachment 349299 View attachment 349300
Thanks for posting with the magnets to really get an idea of the size

For the cutting board do you have to wait until you have visited Epcot 4 separate days, then go to the Festival Center to pickup?

The cutting board giver-outer-girl was super strict with the magic band checking. She scanned the few of us waiting for it multiple times. One lady she scanned literally 5 or 6 times! Maybe it was a background check in case people were using them as a weapon; who knows.

Our flight was on Labor day, so we had to brave the weekends and go 4 days in a row to get ours. We went there first right at park opening and by the time we got there, the line was at the information booth right at the base of the entrance ramp. Poor girl marking the end of the line had to constantly move back as the line was increasing. We had two people per table handing them out. The first woman scanned with an iPad and only 3 of the 4 days showed up and told us we didn't qualify. The gentleman did a second scan with his handheld device and we got green check mark. He told her we checked out fine on his device and handed our boards. My daughter got a look at the dates the iPad showed and the FIRST day was missing from the list. Weird because we scanned in and got our magnets that day. It worked out in the end though.

I love the idea of the cutting board and am looking forward to getting mine. I loved the old fashioned cocktail glasses they gave out a couple years ago; we got two, but recently broke one, so I have to be extra careful with the remaining one. I'm sure the cutting board will be harder to break.

From website:

Important Details
Not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged magnets and cutting boards. One magnet and one cutting board per Passholder. Available while supplies last. Must visit designated pickup location at the Festival Center to receive the magnet and cutting board. Must show your valid annual pass card and photo ID to receive the magnet and cutting board. Passholder visits will be tracked upon park entry, so you only need to visit the Festival Center's distribution location to redeem your gifts or check your number of visits. Must visit the park four separate days during the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival to receive cutting board.

We got two of ours. It's cute, it's not high end but not much different than those "custom" ones you order. It was free, I'm not going to complain, it will be great at a bar to cut lemons/limes on or hang as decoration.

The first woman scanned with an iPad and only 3 of the 4 days showed up and told us we didn't qualify. The gentleman did a second scan with his handheld device and we got green check mark. He told her we checked out fine on his device and handed our boards. My daughter got a look at the dates the iPad showed and the FIRST day was missing from the list. Weird because we scanned in and got our magnets that day. It worked out in the end though

Isn't technology wonderful?

We also had an issue getting our cutting boards on our 4th day into Epcot, but it all worked out. The first person checking their iPad did not even show us as entering Epcot that day, but of course there we were! We were sent over to another CM who was able to verify we were actually there on her iPad, along with another guest with the same problem. By the 4th day the line was a lot shorter for the magnet than the first day of Food and Wine.

I'd just like to pause and take notice that Disney has figured out a way to get people to wait in line 100+ people deep for a magnet. And for a small cutting board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter