• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Free 20oz Coca-Cola per-family per-night when staying at a Deluxe Villa!

Summer never had free dining before. Now they at least have this. A family of four "adults" would get four QS meals a day. Since you can substitute any snack item for those pre-packaged desserts or drinks and share meals, I can see stretching these a bit. Nowhere near full free dining, but definitely better value than the typical 15% or 20% you get off a value resort.

Value resort is what $130 a nite? 15% is $19.50 discount, 20% is $26. 4 QS meals at $15 each is saving $60 a nite.

Summer never had free dining before. Now they at least have this. A family of four "adults" would get four QS meals a day. Since you can substitute any snack item for those pre-packaged desserts or drinks and share meals, I can see stretching these a bit. Nowhere near full free dining, but definitely better value than the typical 15% or 20% you get off a value resort.

Value resort is what $130 a nite? 15% is $19.50 discount, 20% is $26. 4 QS meals at $15 each is saving $60 a nite.
That's on the low end too. I know some of my QS meals were over $20 in November. ( turkey dinner 15.99, dessert $4, drink $3). So times that by 4 and that almost makes up almost $100.

Yeah, that seems pretty decent to me, really. I thought it was seriously a coke per family. Turns out its a meal per person, per night. As others have said, for summer, that's pretty nice!

I guess this thing was better than we thought at first though :-)

Last edited:
It is interesting they offer promotions like this during the busy summer months. I would think the Value resorts would simply fill up at rack rate because they are the cheapest on-site option (so thus they wouldn't need to promot them), but hey .. definitely some good for helping larger families save a ton of money during the summer.

Seems pretty good to me since the dining plan doesn't work for everyone. As stated above .. this is like $10-15 per person/per day. I would have gladly taken this on my last trip in August instead of the 20% off room discount .. that only saved me about $20/per night. This promotion (even though it was just my wife and I (and 2 year old son at the time) .. would have saved me at least that if not more thinking back on the quick service meals we did (and could have) eaten.

I got the 20% off in August at Pop one year, this would have been a nice bonus! It's not free dining, but during a time when people aren't expecting free dining this seems okay to me.

Yeah, that seems pretty decent to me, really. I thought it was seriously a coke per family. Turns out its a meal per person, per night. As others have said, for summer, that's pretty nice!

Yes.
But the OP's title was comical. :)

I wonder what the story behind the offer is, though. Since when do they have to offer any promos in the summertime? :confused3

That would be a low end. The cheapest was $150 a night when we were pricing our trip for the end of June. And that's before tax, too.

That would be a low end. The cheapest was $150 a night when we were pricing our trip for the end of June. And that's before tax, too.

Even at $150 15% would be $22.50 and 20% would be $30 so this deal still comes out ahead. Unless it's only two adults, then it might be close to a wash. But I think two QS meals are probably worth more than $30.

Wow. That's like a $40/night discount for two adults and two teens...

Yes.
But the OP's title was comical. :)

I wonder what the story behind the offer is, though. Since when do they have to offer any promos in the summertime? :confused3

Well, the value resorts are getting expensive, $179/$198 + tax during the summer. Personally, I'd find it hard to NOT book off-site if I had to pay rack rate for a summer trip. Same with a Christmas trip. Value resorts cost as much as much nicer hotels. Even taking ME and 60 day FP+ its hard to see the value.

The deluxe resorts have always had a summer value season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter