Frasier revival on Paramount Plus

We watched! Was prepared to be disappointed. Enjoyed it. It carried itself well, good premise going forward, mostly good casting.

I dislike the nephew. I get they were trying to fill the gap of Niles, but the kid is nothing like Niles (or Daphne) and honestly was distraction every time he talked. Finger crossed he fades away, and they either develop his workmates more or bring in a really strong character for him to banter with.

The first 2 episodes ran on NBC last night. I didn't watch--I wasn't into the original, although I watched "Cheers" and caught an episode here or there. But, for those who are too cheap to get Paramount...

P.S. Did Lilith show up? Might she, in the future? Bebe Neuwirth is an amazing actress...

The first 2 episodes ran on NBC last night. I didn't watch--I wasn't into the original, although I watched "Cheers" and caught an episode here or there. But, for those who are too cheap to get Paramount...

P.S. Did Lilith show up? Might she, in the future? Bebe Neuwirth is an amazing actress...
No Lilith or Daphne. I had already heard Niles was not interested.

It's a great show to watch. Not overly funny but still enough to make you enjoy the show. It follows the classic Frasier/Cheers writing with the smart witty humour. Also Bebe will be showing up in a future episode.

I thought the original was highly over rated. These nostalgia reboots never seem to do well (Mad About You, How I Met Your Father, etc.).

This is giving me some hope to watch. I adore Frasier and almost didn't watch it as I didn't want to be disappointed as I feel the same way about reboots. Maybe I'll check it out.

I figure it could happen since they're in Boston.

I thought the original was highly over rated. These nostalgia reboots never seem to do well (Mad About You, How I Met Your Father, etc.).
I love the original - do a rewatch at least once a year.

This is giving me some hope to watch. I adore Frasier and almost didn't watch it as I didn't want to be disappointed as I feel the same way about reboots. Maybe I'll check it out.

it's an interesting watch and so far (2 episodes i've seen) the writers are doing a good job with the transitioning from the martin/frasier father/son relationship to a frasier/freddy father/son dynamic.

I caught part of one episode, but was struggling with some of the cast's acting not being very good. Maybe I will try again. I love the original and Cheers.

I watched the first 3 episodes....it definitely is trying to recapture the vibe of the old show but will need some time. I had low expectations as the supporting cast of the original was so brilliant and seemed odd that none of them were returning (so far)

I did notice that the bar in the show is called Mahoney's :sad1:

I caught part of one episode, but was struggling with some of the cast's acting not being very good. Maybe I will try again. I love the original and Cheers.
I watched the first two.

Not going to sugar coat it, the first episode was not great. I figured it wouldn’t be, pilots typically aren’t as it has to introduce the new characters and get the premise started.

The second episode I found my self laughing out loud quite a bit. Kelsey Grammar’s facial expressions are just hysterical. And the writing had definite old Frasier vibes.

I will keep watching.

I'm enjoying it, the first episode is rough but by episode 3 it's really starting to find its stride. Not a fan of David, I know it's a way to tie in Niles and Daphne without them actually being in the show but his character reminds me too much of Sheldon in Big Bang and not in a good way. Other than that I'm enjoying the casting of the supporting characters.

There’s a Mad About You reboot? That was my favorite show back then.
i largely agree about the reboots but i will say that i AM enjoying the reboot of 'quantum leap'.
My favorite show on TV right now.

Not interested, none of the original characters and I’m not a fan of Kelsey Grammer as a person and can’t get past it enough to watch.

I'm enjoying it, the first episode is rough but by episode 3 it's really starting to find its stride. Not a fan of David, I know it's a way to tie in Niles and Daphne without them actually being in the show but his character reminds me too much of Sheldon in Big Bang and not in a good way. Other than that I'm enjoying the casting of the supporting characters.
If you think about it Frasier, Niles and heck even Lilith were all a bit Sheldon like. We just saw it as pretentious and neurotic back then rather than neuro spicy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter