frankfurter at sommerfest

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Would this be something a picky kid liked?

We will not be able to fit in biergarten on our next trip but the kid's favorite thing there was the mac and cheese and they have it it at sommerfest... wondering if that and a hot dog would do it for him, but the hot dog does not look like typical theme park hot dog (which he is not tied to particularly). Can anyone tell me what it is like? :)

Thanks

Would this be something a picky kid liked?

We will not be able to fit in biergarten on our next trip but the kid's favorite thing there was the mac and cheese and they have it it at sommerfest... wondering if that and a hot dog would do it for him, but the hot dog does not look like typical theme park hot dog (which he is not tied to particularly). Can anyone tell me what it is like? :)

Thanks

I have had it several times and enjoyed it. I thought it was a plain ole hot dog. :-) They also have brats - maybe that is the picture you saw?

I have had it several times and enjoyed it. I thought it was a plain ole hot dog. :-) They also have brats - maybe that is the picture you saw?
in the pictures the color looked different (more grey brown) and it seemed to have a lot of speckled spices in it. I know what a brat looks like (what I was planning to get for myself!) but it was an older review so maybe it's more normal now. Sounds worth a try anyway, if it looks weird but tastes good he can get past how it looks... and he loved the nudel gratin... just don't think that would necessarily do it for him for lunch, as he has shot up like 6" since our last trip!

It was just a regular plain hot dog when my son had it last week.
thanks, he will probably enjoy it then.

The last time I was at Sommerfest and had a brat (which I have a hollow leg for), the guy I was with got the frankfurter and it was definitely just a hot dog. He trashed it and went back and got a brat - a kid would enjoy it though. Those gratin portions are pretty huge though - and yummy.

The last time I was at Sommerfest and had a brat (which I have a hollow leg for), the guy I was with got the frankfurter and it was definitely just a hot dog. He trashed it and went back and got a brat - a kid would enjoy it though. Those gratin portions are pretty huge though - and yummy.
oh yeah? they looked kind of small online. Maybe i'll start him off with that and maybe find something else further down world showcase if he is still hungry.

oh yeah? they looked kind of small online. Maybe i'll start him off with that and maybe find something else further down world showcase if he is still hungry.

Maybe they're not huge, more that its so filling if I start on that first, there's no way I could ever finish my brat, and I love brats. I have a special appetite for them, sushi, and nachos. Not all together.

After Disney switched to the chicken dogs (60%chicken/40% beef) throughout the parks Sommerfest was one of the few hold-outs that still served all beef dogs. That was a few years ago so I don't know if that's still the case, but the last few times there I went with the brats. I just can't eat the crappy hot dogs being served at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter