Framed pin set; "Silly Symphony Sound Cartoons"

danimaroo

DIS Veteran
Hi guys. A few days ago my in-laws gave us a very nicely framed set of pins that they've had for awhile. Here is a photo of the frame we have:

c759a50a.jpg

It says there are only 2500 in existence, but I was just wondering when this was made and if there's any value in it? We plan on keeping it for a long time (as we love pins and feel like this is a great piece to hang) but I just thought I'd ask anyway. I found it on pinpics but there is no original date of when these were released, and it also says the edition is unknown, though again I can confirm that the frame says 1708/2500 in the corner.

Any thoughts on this would be great. :)

I know I traded a friend for the Clarabelle Cow pin many years ago. I'd estimate at least 8. I believe he bought it on clearance when the Disney Stores we getting out of selling collectables. 2500 is a large number for pins these days. Most framed sets made nowadays are LEs of a few hundred at best.

It's a nice set and I'm sure it will look great on the wall. Also there's one less complete set as my friend broke one of his up.

I know I traded a friend for the Clarabelle Cow pin many years ago. I'd estimate at least 8. I believe he bought it on clearance when the Disney Stores we getting out of selling collectables. 2500 is a large number for pins these days. Most framed sets made nowadays are LEs of a few hundred at best.

It's a nice set and I'm sure it will look great on the wall. Also there's one less complete set as my friend broke one of his up.

Well, this is actually good news in that I don't feel too guilty having accepted it from our in-laws, in case it was something they could've sold! We don't plan on selling it as we just think it's a neat piece to have. :)

I googled it and saw one was for sale last September on eBay for $250. Whether or not it sold who knows, but I'd rather hold onto it since it's such a cute piece. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reply! :thumbsup2

I purchased one for $150.00 at the Maryland Pin Trading Event two weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter