FP+ ... Will it change how often you do Disney?

How Will FP+ Affect You?

• We will go more often

• We will go the same amount

• We will go less

• We will stop going

Results are only viewable after voting.
I seriously doubt that Disney will lose anywhere close to 43% of their loyal customer base. Many people will voice displeasure with the system and even swear to go less but then end up going again and again.

And here I was thinking you didnt want anything to with the Disney of the future back in March:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47910938&postcount=828

If you have lost so much faith in Disney then why do you say you will go back at all? Just wondering...

UNCFanatik: I often wonder if a few people on these boards ever read their last, oh, 300 posts and think, "Gosh, I'm really negative all the time. I should either leave the Disboards because I'm just spreading my gloom and unhappiness to everyone else who actually still enjoys WDW or I should lighten up and realize that I'm being incredibly nit-picky over things that really shouldn't matter in the whole scheme of things."

Seriously, if "rumors about" FP+ are going to cause you to sell your DVC contract or postpone your next trip to WDW for five years, perhaps you never really understood DisneyWorld at all.

UNCFanatik: I often wonder if a few people on these boards ever read their last, oh, 300 posts and think, "Gosh, I'm really negative all the time. I should either leave the Disboards because I'm just spreading my gloom and unhappiness to everyone else who actually still enjoys WDW or I should lighten up and realize that I'm being incredibly nit-picky over things that really shouldn't matter in the whole scheme of things."

Seriously, if "rumors about" FP+ are going to cause you to sell your DVC contract or postpone your next trip to WDW for five years, perhaps you never really understood DisneyWorld at all.

It's because people have to balance out the pixie dust sniffers. You and UNC are the extreme opposite of some others who feel differently. If one discusses what disappoints them then they are considered wrong or just "spreading gloom and doom".

One of the most respected posters on this board who makes us aware that there is a 71 castle in the hub with it's lights on doesn't think too kindly of the recent happenings. Should we just expect them to pack it up and get off the Disboards as well? This board isn't a Totalitarian government and I'd like you to back off the "get the hell out" type comments. I am on the Disboards because I grew up with WDW (since 72) and have been infatuated with it my entire life. I feel I have every right to voice my displeasure with the current state of the place. "When" it changes I will more than gladly express my happiness here.

And I saw the earlier post by your partner in crime, UNC. Perhaps you guys missed this earlier post about me not going back to Disney. Probably not though, since UNC dug back to March to get one of mine. Just in case, here ya go....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49155684&postcount=53

Ah! The post of a real Disney apologist!! :crazy2: :rolleyes:

I don't know if you are one of those that reads into posts what you want to read and then respond to defend a theme park/Disney or if you are taking the comments personal. I didn't see anybody say they were going to do anything based upon rumors. What I see people saying over and over again is that IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION this is how they will respond.

To answer the OP's question: IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION, we will be one of the families that either visit much less often or stop going. My reason is the same as others.... IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION, I have no desire to plan my vacations with that much detail. If I have to, then it is no longer vacation, but instead work. I don't want to have to constantly watch the clock to make sure I am to meals, rides, meet n greets, whatever on time. Of course, this is all based upon IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION .

Ah! The post of a real Disney apologist!! :crazy2: :rolleyes:

I don't know if you are one of those that reads into posts what you want to read and then respond to defend a theme park/Disney or if you are taking the comments personal. I didn't see anybody say they were going to do anything based upon rumors. What I see people saying over and over again is that IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION this is how they will respond.

This, from an earlier post on this thread:

Because Disney has been less than cooperative about the details, I took the opportunity to explore other parks this summer, and I loved them! .

Tell me if I misunderstood that this person decided to visit other parks this summer BECAUSE Disney hasn't revealed enough information about something that hasn't been rolled out yet. It's not enough that people are threatening to not visit in the future...this PP has already completed a vacation elsewhere because of what might be.

And throughout the 40,000 "I hate FP+ no matter what it will be" threads, there are plenty of people who have assumed the worst and are claiming to have postponed or put off future trips indefinitely because of what might be.

Having said all that, I still think FP+ is going to be a small perk IN ADDITION to the day-of Fast Passes. No one is going to need to plan their all their rides months in advance. But, if you want, you CAN select a TSMM fast pass for 3pm on a Tuesday 60 days in advance. Or Kali for 1pm when you know it'll be hot in July.
If you want. Or you can use the day-of fast passes. As I've said a million times, guests in long lines don't buy merch! If the queue is interactive enough, I think 20-30 minutes is fair once in a while. Over that and you're wasting time that you could spend buying food or light-up necklaces. Disney doesn't want that. Why would they cause that on purpose?!
Nope, day-of FPs will be there. FP+ is just a little something extra to guide you back to WDW and hopefully to a park each day (and not Sea World or an outlet mall or whatever....)

It's because people have to balance out the pixie dust sniffers. You and UNC are the extreme opposite of some others who feel differently. If one discusses what disappoints them then they are considered wrong or just "spreading gloom and doom".

One of the most respected posters on this board who makes us aware that there is a 71 castle in the hub with it's lights on doesn't think too kindly of the recent happenings. Should we just expect them to pack it up and get off the Disboards as well? This board isn't a Totalitarian government and I'd like you to back off the "get the hell out" type comments. I am on the Disboards because I grew up with WDW (since 72) and have been infatuated with it my entire life. I feel I have every right to voice my displeasure with the current state of the place. "When" it changes I will more than gladly express my happiness here.

And I saw the earlier post by your partner in crime, UNC. Perhaps you guys missed this earlier post about me not going back to Disney. Probably not though, since UNC dug back to March to get one of mine. Just in case, here ya go....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49155684&postcount=53

When you get spare time, go back and see how many months/years it has been since you've posted anything remotely positive about Disney. Seriously, death, taxes, and MadHattered being negative. Lately, it appears as though you post just to burst bubbles.
And you're right about listening to/lending credence to some long-time posters and their opinions. Why? Because they ALSO are capable of posting positive information about WDW. That's why they're respected.

This, from an earlier post on this thread:

Tell me if I misunderstood that this person decided to visit other parks this summer BECAUSE Disney hasn't revealed enough information about something that hasn't been rolled out yet. It's not enough that people are threatening to not visit in the future...this PP has already completed a vacation elsewhere because of what might be.

And throughout the 40,000 "I hate FP+ no matter what it will be" threads, there are plenty of people who have assumed the worst and are claiming to have postponed or put off future trips indefinitely because of what might be.

Having said all that, I still think FP+ is going to be a small perk IN ADDITION to the day-of Fast Passes. No one is going to need to plan their all their rides months in advance. But, if you want, you CAN select a TSMM fast pass for 3pm on a Tuesday 60 days in advance. Or Kali for 1pm when you know it'll be hot in July.
If you want. Or you can use the day-of fast passes. As I've said a million times, guests in long lines don't buy merch! If the queue is interactive enough, I think 20-30 minutes is fair once in a while. Over that and you're wasting time that you could spend buying food or light-up necklaces. Disney doesn't want that. Why would they cause that on purpose?!
Nope, day-of FPs will be there. FP+ is just a little something extra to guide you back to WDW and hopefully to a park each day (and not Sea World or an outlet mall or whatever....)

Bcrook stated a fact, plain and simple. They HAVEN'T released enough information for some to commit to this. Everything you just stated is speculation. But it's speculation from YOUR perspective. Both hold the same validity at this point in time.

BTW...Disney stock fell 1.24% today. Kinda odd after such a successful D23.

And you obviously have to know who Tony Baxter is, correct? Listen to his take on the NextGen move at D23....you can find it around the 2:28 point of the interview. Would you argue with Tony, too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pWvalvGyQ

That's why they're respected.

pot_zps26823a96.jpg

Hmmm...have you seen the track? Probably not, seeing as you think Mermaid is spelled Mermade. (And I'm really not trying to be a jerk about that, but just pointing out that you are probably unfamiliar with the NFL area, as the word "Mermaid" is everywhere.) Anyway,

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49115398&postcount=52

Not to mention this from just a few posts up...

or I should lighten up and realize that I'm being incredibly nit-picky over things that really shouldn't matter in the whole scheme of things.

Yep....you are totally winning the respect race.

Bcrook stated a fact, plain and simple. They HAVEN'T released enough information for some to commit to this. Everything you just stated is speculation. But it's speculation from YOUR perspective. Both hold the same validity at this point in time.

BTW...Disney stock fell 1.24% today. Kinda odd after such a successful D23.

And you obviously have to know who Tony Baxter is, correct? Listen to his take on the NextGen move at D23....you can find it around the 2:28 point of the interview. Would you argue with Tony, too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pWvalvGyQ

Bcrook's fact was that they already planned an alternative trip and completed that trip based on rumors of FP+. I was responding to the pp, not you.
As for you, eh...I'm kind of done.

We will probably go the same amount as before. I like to go when it isn't terribly busy anyway so FP is not that important. Most places make you pay extra for a "FP" type of system. I do like that you can reserve a special spot at Wishes, parades and shows.

We are down in the World now, and not liking FP+. Haunted Mansion has FP+, but if you're not in the program there are no regular Fastpasses for it. There are longer lines for many attractions that never had line issues. I may be wrong but the lines for iasw, Pirates, and HM seem longer because of FP+ being forced onto them.

MichiganDVC said:
And throughout the 40,000 "I hate FP+ no matter what it will be" threads, there are plenty of people who have assumed the worst .......

......Having said all that, I still think FP+ is going to be a small perk IN ADDITION to the day-of Fast Passes. No one is going to need to plan their all their rides months in advance. But, if you want, you CAN select a TSMM fast pass for 3pm on a Tuesday 60 days in advance. Or Kali for 1pm when you know it'll be hot in July.

But everything YOU'VE said here it's based on assumptions as well... I seriously do not understand what the difference is. None of what you state in this post has ANY BASIS in fact, it's all your interpretation of what little we truly KNOW about these changes.

And yes, count us in with those that are already exploring other vacation options. I have NO desire to spend our hard earned vacation days or dollars being a guinea pig for changes as big as this.... For the kind of money we spend at WDW I'm not ok with taking chances that it will be anything less than amazing.

We'll wait until the full details are known, the system is completely implemented and the major bugs are worked out.

We love Disney, but it's FAR from our only vacation option.

We are down in the World now, and not liking FP+. Haunted Mansion has FP+, but if you're not in the program there are no regular Fastpasses for it. There are longer lines for many attractions that never had line issues. I may be wrong but the lines for iasw, Pirates, and HM seem longer because of FP+ being forced onto them.

Roughly how long would you say HM was and roughly what time of day? When I was there less than a month ago, HM fluctuated between 10 minutes and 30, maybe 40 minutes. My rule of thumb for HM is nothing over 20 because I know I can find it lower at a different time.
I had no FP+ testing while I was there.

So I wonder, FP+ making lines longer or WDW in early August. Or both?

But everything YOU'VE said here it's based on assumptions as well... I seriously do not understand what the difference is. None of what you state in this post has ANY BASIS in fact, it's all your interpretation of what little we truly KNOW about these changes.

And yes, count us in with those that are already exploring other vacation options. I have NO desire to spend our hard earned vacation days or dollars being a guinea pig for changes as big as this.... For the kind of money we spend at WDW I'm not ok with taking chances that it will be anything less than amazing.

We'll wait until the full details are known, the system is completely implemented and the major bugs are worked out.

We love Disney, but it's FAR from our only vacation option.

Again, I was responding to a specific post:

QUOTE="Mother Gothel;49266069"]
I don't know if you are one of those that reads into posts what you want to read and then respond to defend a theme park/Disney or if you are taking the comments personal. I didn't see anybody say they were going to do anything based upon rumors. What I see people saying over and over again is that IF THE RUMORS COME TO FRUITION this is how they will respond./QUOTE]

I don't care if people want to avoid testing (you have the option to say no.) I think avoiding WDW because you fear FP+ will ruin your trip, personally, I think is a bit reactionary. (But I do understand having to make decisions for family vacations in advance and you might not be willing to take that risk.)
Then I shared my opinion about how I envision FP+ working, which has been parroted by at least two "in the know" people on these boards. Not an official confirmation, no. But it still seems the most logical roll out, to have plenty of day-of FPs, right? Have maybe 15-20% of the FPs for people who commit their $ early (a perk...an incentive) and then 80-85% for day of. Why does this idea seem so off-the-wall on these boards?
I just don't see how giving up all the FPs 60 days out encourages anyone to choose Disney over something else....which is why I don't think Disney is going to do that.

I don't go much anyway, so it won't affect that. Haven't read the whole thread yet, but can someone tell me:

1. What is the general consensus on this site for if or how much this will be available to people who stay offsite/people on day trips (I always go on day trips; does Disney care about people like me or what we think anymore? It's a lot of their guests)

2. What's the general consensus on this site if Fastpass+ would it be available in the parks and if so how much of it? (I usually can't plan the exact date until it would be too late to be able to do anything of worth in booking them beforehand).

What percentage of people do they figure would use this with booking beforehand (if that's the only way to get this)? If I were to guess I'd say it'd be low, far lower than people who use fastpass now, this would increase lines for standby by a lot. Is this really what they want?

I don't go much anyway, so it won't affect that. Haven't read the whole thread yet, but can someone tell me:

1. What is the general consensus on this site for if or how much this will be available to people who stay offsite/people on day trips (I always go on day trips; does Disney care about people like me anymore? It's a lot of their population)

2. What's the general consensus on this site if it would it be available in the parks

You're probably not getting general consensus on anything, but here is my opinion:
1. FP+ will be eventually tied to tickets, not resort stays. If you show up and buy tickets day-of, there's always a chance that morning you could decide not to go to WDW. So I suppose people who buy day-of tickets won't get the perk of FP+ because you didn't commit until the day of.

2. I am of the opinion that FPs will operate just like usual, except they'll be digital, not paper, and you can get them without having to go to the ride itself, but instead from any kiosk or iPhone in the park. In the park, though. :-)
FP+, I think, will be a small incentive to get people to commit to WDW early and to plan their days ahead of time so WDW can arrange proper staffing.
Just thought of another great positive. If WDW knows that 50 guests staying at Beach Club have FP+ reservations for noon at MK and none of them have gone to MK yet or used their magic bands anyplace else onsite yet except their resort, chances are they are still at the resort. Extra bus from BC to MK at 11:00am :-)
I think this whole MM+ thing will do wonders for behind-the-scenes organization that enhances our experience without us even realizing it...

The only thing I'm waiting for is if they are going to hold fastpasses for same day guests. If they don't that's going to be a nightmare and Disney may never see the end of it. I'll know 60 days before my vacation that I want to do Toy Story Mania, but I don't want to reserve a time that far ahead. I already know I'm using the kiosks, because when I'm on vacation my phone is for emergencies only. Last thing about fastpass+ from me: I think it's silly that they're adding fastpass on rides that don't need it. I know some rides get crowded, but the only time they'll be needed is during winter break

Now as for that argument earlier: you know madhatter, you can be a real jerk. Yes MichiganDVC has already made an opinion on fastpass+ a little early, but if he feels confident that he knows how it works, let him be. Honestly I just got an account (posting as a guest would be nice) because I was insulted on how you've made your opinion when you yourself said you didn't know that much. Plus any hate comments about Disney world insults me. I don't care if you like other parks more, but don't go on a Disney trip planning site and pretty much bash the parks almost every time you post. You make this place like wdwmagic, I know some people that just can't stand that that's all they do. That's why I started reading the dis. Everyone was respectful and open to each other. I didn't want to make an account but you made me do it

If anyone can make this as a guest post that would be great since I like this site, but I don't want to be a full-fledged member. Sorry about all that!

Folks take your attitudes off the board and restrict personal comments to Private Message.

Undecided until all the facts are in as to how often will go As a local, spur of the moment get in the car its a nice day, my concerns exactly Rarely stay on property unless celebrating something, so yes where is the plan for us ?

Not to pick on you, but this was the last post I saw from locals. I'm unsure why locals would be concerned with FP- or FP+ at all. You guys don't need to go on Easter Sunday or Presidents' Week or Christmas like the rest of us. You have the luxury of saying, "Hmmm... This weekend looks nice. And the crowd calendar is a 4. Lets go to Disney..."

Having said that, I'm sure locals and AP holders will get plenty of FP opportunities. And I'm also sure that there will be plenty of day-of FPs just like there are now.

No offense taken I didn't feel picked on I have tougher skin than that HOWEVER since you decided to respond I will tell you how incorrect your assumptions are

You cannot assume to know when I "need" to go Yes I have the "luxury" of a last minute I'll go today BUT I do have family out of state, I have friends ( actually made on these very boards ) from around the world, and a husband that works over the road as a trucker

Yes the " locals" need to be not left out & it does concern me that it is not being addressed by who needs to address it The Walt Disney Company. not random " pooh pooh don't worry about it" ramblings or opinions It will be a heck of a mess if said family & friends stay at resorts, have ability to get FP+ and I can't get it What do I do, wait at DSAs all day long ?

I gave my opinion and concerns based on what little facts we have & how that could effect me & other locals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter