FP+ when you cannot transfer from wheelchair?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi! I consider myself a WDW vet with experience using FP and a DAS, however, I will be traveling with a group in the fall which includes a young man who cannot transfer from his wheelchair, plus his two ride-loving teenage sisters.

I've already compiled a list of rides that he can do in his wheelchair (small world, Buzz Lightyear, Safari, etc.), but I'm wondering if getting FP+ for any of these rides has any benefit? Or, with standby or FP+, will we be directed to a certain line to be loaded into the wheelchair vehicle when it arrives? He will also, most likely, qualify for a DAS, if that will help in any way. I just wasn't sure what the loading procedure will be for these rides and I want to make sure I balance out FP+ so he gets to ride his favorite rides with little wait and his sisters can do their favorites as well.

For example, in AK, should I FP+ FOP, Safari and EE?

I appreciate any advice you have!

For all of them, getting Fastpass or getting a DAS Return time will allow you to enter more quickly.

Small World has a separate boarding area for guests with mobility devices. Without Fastpass or DAS, you will either wait in the regular line part of the time or be given a return time ticket to come back and enter that area (similar to DAS). With Fastpass, you will be allowed right into that area when your Fastpass time comes).

Buzz Lighyear lines are accessible until right before the regular boarding area (and, I mean right before). Without Fastpass or DAS, you will be waiting in the regular standby line.

Safari (and most other attractions) work the same as Buzz Lightyear and either use the same boarding area or one close to it.

The only attraction it doesn’t make a difference for is Spaceship Earth.

For AK, you will need Fastpass or DAS Return Time for all the attractions you mentioned.

For all of them, getting Fastpass or getting a DAS Return time will allow you to enter more quickly.

Small World has a separate boarding area for guests with mobility devices. Without Fastpass or DAS, you will either wait in the regular line part of the time or be given a return time ticket to come back and enter that area (similar to DAS). With Fastpass, you will be allowed right into that area when your Fastpass time comes).

Buzz Lighyear lines are accessible until right before the regular boarding area (and, I mean right before). Without Fastpass or DAS, you will be waiting in the regular standby line.

Safari (and most other attractions) work the same as Buzz Lightyear and either use the same boarding area or one close to it.

The only attraction it doesn’t make a difference for is Spaceship Earth.

For AK, you will need Fastpass or DAS Return Time for all the attractions you mentioned.

Thank you SO much! I will go over all rides with their mom and pick the best balance of FP+ for her son and daughters - thank you!

On a side note - has there been any info as to whether any of the new Toy Story rides will allow riders to stay in their wheelchairs?

Thank you, again. This info is incredibly helpful.

Hi! I consider myself a WDW vet with experience using FP and a DAS, however, I will be traveling with a group in the fall which includes a young man who cannot transfer from his wheelchair, plus his two ride-loving teenage sisters.

I've already compiled a list of rides that he can do in his wheelchair (small world, Buzz Lightyear, Safari, etc.), but I'm wondering if getting FP+ for any of these rides has any benefit? Or, with standby or FP+, will we be directed to a certain line to be loaded into the wheelchair vehicle when it arrives? He will also, most likely, qualify for a DAS, if that will help in any way. I just wasn't sure what the loading procedure will be for these rides and I want to make sure I balance out FP+ so he gets to ride his favorite rides with little wait and his sisters can do their favorites as well.

For example, in AK, should I FP+ FOP, Safari and EE?

I appreciate any advice you have!
When asking for a DAS make sure he does not talk about his need for a wheelchair ( even though it will be obvious) some CM see a wheelchair and think that is all that is needed

When asking for a DAS make sure he does not talk about his need for a wheelchair ( even though it will be obvious) some CM see a wheelchair and think that is all that is needed

Yes, thank you! He doesn't really have any language (he is severely disabled), so his mom will speak on his behalf and I will let her know to list the reasons why he can't wait in the line (other than mobility issues). Thank you so much!

Thank you SO much! I will go over all rides with their mom and pick the best balance of FP+ for her son and daughters - thank you!

On a side note - has there been any info as to whether any of the new Toy Story rides will allow riders to stay in their wheelchairs?

Thank you, again. This info is incredibly helpful.

Neither Slinky Dog Dash or Alien Swirling Saucers will have a ride vehicle for wheelchairs. Slinky Dog Dash is a dual launch roller coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers is the same as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Carsland in California.

Neither Slinky Dog Dash or Alien Swirling Saucers will have a ride vehicle for wheelchairs. Slinky Dog Dash is a dual launch roller coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers is the same as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Carsland in California.
thanks for sharing. That’s what I was guessing.

Toy Story Midway Mania had a wheelchair accessible ride car that works well, so will continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter