• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
no new information has come out about this yet :thumbsup2

I see in the opening post that there is this idea that the FP+ could be used to counter service orders... I haven't seen any further comments on this.
Anybody know anything?
Honestly, with all of my son's allergies we could that CS meals easily took us 1 hour +. We would wait 10-15 minutes in line, then wait 10 minutes for the chef, then they go cook... we had good 30 minute waits for fried foods on more than one occasion. You can't imagine the hassle until you have to do it. It would make me mad to give up fastpasses completely, but it would often save us more time to pre-order his meals than get FP's for major headliners.
On average, it took us less time from arrival to departure to go to TS than CS locations.

I would really hope that if they allow pre-ordering options they may open something up through special diets that wouldn't make you use a FP+ slot for it. It would make their jobs much easier.

I see in the opening post that there is this idea that the FP+ could be used to counter service orders... I haven't seen any further comments on this.
Anybody know anything?
Honestly, with all of my son's allergies we could that CS meals easily took us 1 hour +. We would wait 10-15 minutes in line, then wait 10 minutes for the chef, then they go cook... we had good 30 minute waits for fried foods on more than one occasion. You can't imagine the hassle until you have to do it. It would make me mad to give up fastpasses completely, but it would often save us more time to pre-order his meals than get FP's for major headliners.
On average, it took us less time from arrival to departure to go to TS than CS locations.

I would really hope that if they allow pre-ordering options they may open something up through special diets that wouldn't make you use a FP+ slot for it. It would make their jobs much easier.

In the terms and conditions linked on the first page there are references to using FP+ allotments for pre-ordering counter service/quick service meals. Be Our Guest Restaurant was mentioned in other places, but I can't find anything right now. I have no idea if they will make special considerations.

The terms and conditions: "Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App."

A lot of mystery in this paragraph from the Terms and Conditions:

"Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited."

That could impact long trips.

bcrook said:

"Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited."

That last line is confusing. If you can make reservations 60 days out but only for X amount of days, I can see that being a negative unless X is longer than most people visit the parks.

I will be the World next month, I am so curious Of all the what ifs. I think my hang up is the number 3. Time will tell right?

Btw I love the front page it is really helpful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well now, this could be bad for those of us that a have 10 day NE tickets even if we only plan to use them 3 days for this year. :worried:

:thumbsup2 Good catch! Does that mean when we make our trip in October/November for 25 + days that we won't be able to get FP+ for our entire time? That's not right and if that's the case, we will consider spending more time off property

That last line is confusing. If you can make reservations 60 days out but only for X amount of days, I can see that being a negative unless X is longer than most people visit the parks.

I will be the World next month, I am so curious Of all the what ifs. I think my hang up is the number 3. Time will tell right?

Btw I love the front page it is really helpful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you. This is important to me, because I have a lot of groups of friends who are all planning trips with me. Somebody just sent me a text that they booked their flights today. It would be nice if we knew more.

Well now, this could be bad for those of us that a have 10 day NE tickets even if we only plan to use them 3 days for this year. :worried:

My guess is that you would only be able to Pre-Book X amount of days (say 5) and then when your first day was used, you could book another day to get back to five. BUT - who knows. In your case - 3 days should be fine - I would hope!

:thumbsup2 Good catch! Does that mean when we make our trip in October/November for 25 + days that we won't be able to get FP+ for our entire time? That's not right and if that's the case, we will consider spending more time off property

You might have to walk your reservations through the 25 days. Start with a set amount and then add on as you can for the 25 days. It sounds like Disney doesn't really want people to ride those e-ticket rides very often.

You might have to walk your reservations through the 25 days. Start with a set amount and then add on as you can for the 25 days. It sounds like Disney doesn't really want people to ride those e-ticket rides very often.

We will seriously not be very happy if that's the case. It already looks like we will have to buy our AP months earlier than we want to and then we might not even be able to have access to FP's each day! If that's the case, Sea World here we come...........

It's going to be impossible for Disney to monitor everyone because there are too many possible scenarios. One could theoretically rent a locker and put the bands in there when not needed. A single person could carry the bands and the party could split up. People could spend a day shopping and resort hopping and leave most of the bands in the room.

They won't always know what I'm doing because I often pay cash for dining and souvenirs. I very rarely charge to the room and also only use a credit card occasionally.

It sounds like Disney doesn't really want people to ride those e-ticket rides very often.

They should stop building the blessed things, then.

Only build rides that nobody cares about and they can stop worrying about guests wanting to ride them so often.

This stuff (not YOUR posts, by the way) is looking so ridiculously out of phase with the history and
known reality of Disney parks that it borders on madness.

This is my feeling about the tracking aspect. They have this info on me anyway -- why not get it to them more quickly, since I trust they'll make pretty effective use of it, and I'm not afraid of a super-tailored marketing pitch being hurled my way -- I can take it! :)

And I very much appreciate these things being OPT-IN. I'm sick of companies like FaceBook and Google forcing you to OPT-OUT... Yeah... Opt out of their every-changing privacy-creeping "features". So many people don't even understand what they're giving these companies - its all so convoluted and deceptive in some cases.

Once all is "finalized", and as things change over time (new features, etc.), I hope that Disney does an exceptional job of informing guests as to what info they are sharing, etc. AND, that they continue to make every new feature OPT-IN.

Submit! Facebook's, Google's, and Disney's motivations are all the same. They are all really online competitors. Amazon scares them all.

Using observation and logic...

If Disney doesn't want guests to "hop," stop offering Park Hoppers.
And, at LEAST stop offering Park Hopping at a newly REDUCED RATE (June 2012) for
those who also purchase the Water Park Fun and More option.

Or, limit the time of day at which guests can hop.

Or, stop offering free transportation between the parks to facilitate
the hopping.

Logic.
Observation.

Only build rides that nobody cares about and they can stop worrying about guests wanting to ride them so often.

We've all been clamoring for a clone of TSMM or Soarin. Maybe instead they could clone Stitch? :teeth:

Thanks for sharing your take! :) I'm sure Disney forecasts a certain percentage of "non-adopters"... DH puts it this way: some people will just feel it has the 'ick' factor -- feels like too much privacy creep -- even if they don't "fear" the info is in the wrong hands.

Wait a second. Yes, I feel the ick factor - strongly. And yes, I love the artificial world and the ephermeral happiness it provides. And I do very much fear that the info is in the wrong hands.

This stuff (not YOUR posts, by the way) is looking so ridiculously out of phase with the history and
known reality of Disney parks that it borders on madness.

Using observation and logic...

If Disney doesn't want guests to "hop," stop offering Park Hoppers.
And, at LEAST stop offering Park Hopping at a newly REDUCED RATE (June 2012) for
those who also purchase the Water Park Fun and More option.

Or, limit the time of day at which guests can hop.

Or, stop offering free transportation between the parks to facilitate
the hopping.

Logic.
Observation.

Agree 100%. It's like a lunatic is running things to seriously maim WDW in the eye of the public. They're going to alienate their AP holders. People staying offsite will go to Sea World, Uni, and Lego land if the FP+ thing causes them long waits. Honestly, you have to wonder if any of the idiots making these decisions have ever stepped foot in Disney World.
Running everyone off will definitely reduce the lines.

Originally Posted by bcrook
It sounds like Disney doesn't really want people to ride those e-ticket rides very often.

I don't think that is it at all, I just think they don't want the same people to ride them over and over in the same day. They want different people on them once a day. ::yes::

I think all of this is not for guests like us that are here discussing this to the ninth degree even before it is even released.

They are doing this for the guest that knows nothing except what the Disney travel agent is going to tell him when he books his package.

We will seriously not be very happy if that's the case. It already looks like we will have to buy our AP months earlier than we want to and then we might not even be able to have access to FP's each day! If that's the case, Sea World here we come...........

I just can't imagine what sort of thinking could lead them to really limit the days you could schedule your FP+. For guests like you coming in for a long stay, it would just be a no brainer to then spend more time at US or SW. That just goes contrary to everything Disney has been trying to do in recent years. I won't believe that's possible until I see it.

This is my feeling about the tracking aspect. They have this info on me anyway -- why not get it to them more quickly, since I trust they'll make pretty effective use of it, and I'm not afraid of a super-tailored marketing pitch being hurled my way -- I can take it! :)

And I very much appreciate these things being OPT-IN. I'm sick of companies like FaceBook and Google forcing you to OPT-OUT... Yeah... Opt out of their every-changing privacy-creeping "features". So many people don't even understand what they're giving these companies - its all so convoluted and deceptive in some cases.

Once all is "finalized", and as things change over time (new features, etc.), I hope that Disney does an exceptional job of informing guests as to what info they are sharing, etc. AND, that they continue to make every new feature OPT-IN.

I just read all the privacy settings, based on what I am reading... I can go to the NOTIFICATIONS button on the app and choose whether or not I want customer targeted advertisements and special opportunities from Disney - "surprise and delight" FP. It looks like if you want those bonus FP, you might have to put up with everything else.

Also the second paragraph under Vacation Notifications and Other Notifications looks a lot more complicated. It actually may be an OPT out privacy issue. Terms and Conditions, Vacation and Notifications, Paragraph three. I can't copy and paste anything from Disney's web page.

I really don't understand that paragraph, maybe you can shed some light on that. :confused3

YES! Build more "A" rides! I want another Stitch ride in the parks! And a Dumbo ride at every single park - just with different animals! And I want to ride 3-4 different versions of the People Mover until I puke! (okay we actually like the People Mover but still..... :thumbsup2)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Maybe I'm just strange but I don't really care about the privacy issues. I pay with credit cards all the time, I know that my Internet usage and cable viewing can be monitored, I have loyalty cards at stores. I just expect it and know that I don't do anything I really care to hide.

That aside I hope this FP+ helps in the middle of June when I will be going on a family vacation with a 9-12 people group. Hopefully there will be a set number of FPs for each person thus making the stand by lines quicker. Haven't been to disney world in many years but looking online at some of the wait times it makes me think that FP or FP+ might do more harm than good for wait lines. I think the old fashioned way of wait for every ride would be better. Maybe they can just send some virtual store items to my phone while I'm in line if they want to try to soak some more money from me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter