FP tomorrow should I skip Pandora?

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
Making FP tomorrow for our 1st trip and I'm thinking of skipping Pandora, Yay or Nay?? My kids are 6 and 4. My 6 yo is tall enough for all rides at Disney. I'm just thinking there will be more then enough stuff to keep us busy. Thoughts?

We skipped Pandora this trip even though we did go to AK for the first time in 4 years. I actually had FOP fast passes and cancelled them after assessing the interest by DS and DH (neither was interested). DS is 5 and, though adventurous, has very specific ideas of the rides he likes. DH is not a fan of Avatar so he could take it or leave it. We spent our AK time focused on the safari and Festival of the Lion King, which appealed to my family more. I know our opinion is the minority so I didn’t feel badly cancelling the FP; I’m quite sure they were snapped up immediately by some other, more interested guests!

I think Pandora is spectacular day and especially night. I would not skip it. Even if you do not go on the rides, it's a lot of fun to explore.

I think if you are leaning towards possibly not doing it and if no one is asking to do it - that's a no to me. How many days are you going to be there?

We skip parks all of the time. This spring - no Hollywood Studios. My daughters and I rarely go to Animal Kingdom. One of my daughters only starting going to Epcot again after Frozen opened. It's a vacation - a completed checklist isn't required - especially with kids.

Considering this is your first trip and your children are younger, I would skip Pandora. I also wouldn't make any FP for AK but instead RD. When the park first opens everyone runs to Pandora leaving the rest of the park virtually empty. If you have Park hoppers make FP for the park you will go to in the afternoon/night.

I would at least walk through, I agree your kids might not enjoy the rides but if you can catch the drummers they are fun to watch and if you can walk through it at night, the lights are fun. Wouldn't hurt to do a walk through while at AK.

Kids aside, I totally want to ride FoP. If you want to, it’s ok to do something you want to do! I’d make the FPs now. You can always cancel later.

I would at least walk through, I agree your kids might not enjoy the rides but if you can catch the drummers they are fun to watch and if you can walk through it at night, the lights are fun. Wouldn't hurt to do a walk through while at AK.

I couldn’t even get DS or DH to walk through! I was mildly curious to see it but agreed ultimately to skip it in favor of returning to the resort for pool time.

If you're planning on going to AK anyways, I'd book a fp for it if you can. You can always change it later.

I couldn’t even get DS or DH to walk through! I was mildly curious to see it but agreed ultimately to skip it in favor of returning to the resort for pool time.

That's a shame, I'm afraid that would have been when I would have pulled the "I'm the mom and you are not" card and walked through anyway. It really doesn't take 10 or 15 minutes and it is interesting at night.

why not just FP the Navi ride? Easy to get and everyone can ride. What is the point of completely skipping the area if you'll be in the park?

why not just FP the Navi ride? Easy to get and everyone can ride. What is the point of completely skipping the area if you'll be in the park?

Most planning blogs I've read suggested First Timers take their plans and divide it in half in order to realistically accomplish it!

Most planning blogs I've read suggested First Timers take their plans and divide it in half in order to realistically accomplish it!
that's fine, but if you're spending a day at AK with a 4 and 6 year old, what will you FP instead? Safari and what else, Dinosaur or Kali? I just don't see a reason to skip Navi if you can ride it without a line.

We just went to AK and FP Navi instead. We have a 5 and 9 year old. Just walking in Pandora was really neat. I wish we had had more time to explore it, but the kids wanted to get to the safari and wanted nothing with the land. It was really neat though and we had no interest in FOP.

FOP was my 5 year old's fav ride of this trip. In fact it was our entire family's fav! Because it's so popular many of the other rides are walk on in the early morning. We went during extra magic hours during jersey week and we walked on navi river twice then went to expedition everest, kali river and then safari when it opened. We used our FOP fast pass around 10:30. Pandora was the highlight of our trip!

I bought myself the Avatar movie. We all watched it over Thanksgiving and the kids loved it! My kids are older though.

that's fine, but if you're spending a day at AK with a 4 and 6 year old, what will you FP instead? Safari and what else, Dinosaur or Kali? I just don't see a reason to skip Navi if you can ride it without a line.
I agree with this. The Navi ride would be the perfect ride for the ages of your children.

Today we fp navi for 9.45
Park opening time was 9am
We were there for 8.20

We managed to rent a ecv and get to pandora and ride flight of passage by 9.15

Giving lots of time to shop before our fast pass for navi

We returned to pandora at dusk and wow amazing at night

And for the fluffy people out there
We didn’t think we would fit into fop but wow we did
We would be 22 stone with big calves (I can’t wear wellies boots) top uk size 26 bottom uk size 24 but we fit grand.

If you are going to AK, how about FPing the Navi' RIver ride? A Pandora ride you can all enjoy and everyone can see the Pandora landscape which is pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter