FP+ Shenanigans!!

William Ades

Mouseketeer
So this was my first experience with the 7a ET FP request period (we have not been since they changed it from midnight to 7a). Our trip is from 6/12 to 6/17, so of course my 60 day window opened today. At exactly 7a I selected the FP+ selection, and was looking to book a morning spot for FEA at Ep on 6/13. ANY MORINING slot would have suficed. 1st available time you ask? 505p!!!!! How is that even possible?!!! Had similar isssues with MK on 6/15, but not nearly as bad. Mostly issues with available times conflicting with stuff we already had planned to do; BBB, BoG, Fantasy Parade. I was able to work around it though. Never had an issue getting what I wanted with the midnight method. We will manage, but I was hoping to go see Anna and Elsa at rope drop and FP FEA for afterwards. Not a major issues, just frustrating...

Curious to know, has anyone tried to access the 60 Day FP prior to 7a ET? Find it very hard to believe that all the spots up until 505p were reserved within 1 minute!!

Wouldn't people with their 60 day window over the past 10 days have been able to book FP for 6/13? I know when my 60 day window opened, I was able to book FPs for my whole 10 day stay.

No shenanigans, just other folks who were at their 60+ 10 already took the early spots. You may have noticed that as you were booking FPs for the dates later into your trip there were more AM time slots.

That ride is the must have FP at Epcot right now because of the extreme standby lines, and like other people are saying, other resort guests have been able to book for the duration of their stay for the past 10 days. Perhaps towards the end of your stay you can find better times?

Also, don't FP for FEA only start at 11am or something? So there really just aren't many AM slots to begin with?

I had heard that although the ride opens with future world, they don't offer fast passes for the first couple of hours to get the rope droppers through the line. I'm not an authority by any means, but that is what I had heard elsewhere.

I had heard that although the ride opens with future world, they don't offer fast passes for the first couple of hours to get the rope droppers through the line. I'm not an authority by any means, but that is what I had heard elsewhere.

I had heard the same thing as well, but don't know whether it is fact or not.

So this was my first experience with the 7a ET FP request period (we have not been since they changed it from midnight to 7a). Our trip is from 6/12 to 6/17, so of course my 60 day window opened today. At exactly 7a I selected the FP+ selection, and was looking to book a morning spot for FEA at Ep on 6/13. ANY MORINING slot would have suficed. 1st available time you ask? 505p!!!!! How is that even possible?!!! Had similar isssues with MK on 6/15, but not nearly as bad. Mostly issues with available times conflicting with stuff we already had planned to do; BBB, BoG, Fantasy Parade. I was able to work around it though. Never had an issue getting what I wanted with the midnight method. We will manage, but I was hoping to go see Anna and Elsa at rope drop and FP FEA for afterwards. Not a major issues, just frustrating...

Curious to know, has anyone tried to access the 60 Day FP prior to 7a ET? Find it very hard to believe that all the spots up until 505p were reserved within 1 minute!!

This was my experience as well and since I'm only doing a two day visit I didn't have other days later to get tickets for... I honestly was just happy to get FEA fast passes at all!

Just to clarify: For FP booking, onsite guests have an open 60-day window + 14 days. After the 14 days are booked, the booking window rolls forward with each passing day.

This set-up accommodates the guests from the U.K. and Australia who often have 21-day tickets.

Yeah, bone head moment. Completely ignored the fact that people with stays prior to and longer than mine had access...Lol!! That's what I get for posting in the boards without having my coffee first. Thanks everyone, I now bow out in shame...

Up to 14 days. Otherwise it is based on length of your stay. I couldn't FP anything beyond the 17th. I'm staying 6/12 to 6/17.
Just to clarify: For FP booking, onsite guests have an open 60-day window + 14 days. After the 14 days are booked, the booking window rolls forward with each passing day.

This set-up accommodates the guests from the U.K. and Australia who often have 21-day tickets.

Yeah, total bone head moment. Lack of coffee + Lack of FP options = Irrational DISBoards postings...Lol!!

Up to 14 days. Otherwise it is based on length of your stay. I couldn't FP anything beyond the 17th. I'm staying 6/12 to 6/17.
Correct! :) I was just clarifying that it wasn't 60 +10 as many posters were posting, it's 60 +14 and length of Stay for onsite applies. After the checkout date, the 60-day window actually continues to roll forward. If you had any unused ticket entitlements, you could book FPs for 60 days after your stay.

I've noticed that even with our 60 + 10 window the first morning I sometimes settle for less than optimal choices and spaces between choices I'd rather not have. I just keep going back almost daily and I almost always end up with all I want. Keep trying.

Bill From PA

I had the same problem. I had to take a late afternoon FP for FEA. That was the only thing I couldn't get a morning for, though. I got morning for 7DMT and both Pandora rides.

I'm confused. I thought we could start booking FP+ 60 days before the first day onsite. What is the +10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter