FP/park hopping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
I read the FP FAQ and I just want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. I feel like I’ve done this before and I just can’t remember.

We have a day that we are splitting HS and MK. We don’t know when we’ll head to MK, playing it by ear.

Let’s say our first park of the day is HS and I have SDD, Star Tours and Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP booked.

We ride SDD and Star Tours and decide to hop to MK instead of using our VotLM FP.

At what point can I cancel that 3rd HS FP and book something in MK? Is it after the 1st HS FP or 2nd?

I read the FP FAQ and I just want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. I feel like I’ve done this before and I just can’t remember.

We have a day that we are splitting HS and MK. We don’t know when we’ll head to MK, playing it by ear.

Let’s say our first park of the day is HS and I have SDD, Star Tours and Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP booked.

We ride SDD and Star Tours and decide to hop to MK instead of using our VotLM FP.

At what point can I cancel that 3rd HS FP and book something in MK? Is it after the 1st HS FP or 2nd?
Cancel before you enter FP#1 and you can book FP#3 while in the line.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM park hopping post.

It’s my experience you have to use (or let fp run out) before booking a 4th fp in another park. For example : we only really use two fp at HS. I book a fp early that we may or may not use (like a throwaway because there aren’t many choices for our family) ... then after I check in to my third fp, I book a fourth one. When I’m done the 4th one I may book another. Hope that helps.

It’s my experience you have to use (or let fp run out) before booking a 4th fp in another park. For example : we only really use two fp at HS. I book a fp early that we may or may not use (like a throwaway because there aren’t many choices for our family) ... then after I check in to my third fp, I book a fourth one. When I’m done the 4th one I may book another. Hope that helps.
Your FP#3 step isn’t necessary and causes you to waste time.

The Park Hopping post in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky has the directions.

If you book a fastpass and waste it/don't use it, it still counts right? For example, if you use your tier 1, use a tier 2, and then waste/don't check in to your other tier 2, you could book a tier one after all three have been used/timed out, correct?

If you book a fastpass and waste it/don't use it, it still counts right? For example, if you use your tier 1, use a tier 2, and then waste/don't check in to your other tier 2, you could book a tier one after all three have been used/timed out, correct?
Correct but waiting for FP#3 to expire wastes an hour and it isn’t necessary when park hopping. Are you doing this when park hopping? That is the OP’s question.

See my above post or the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky for park hopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter