FP+ is full and what can I do with DAS?

proudmomoffour

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go in April. Some rides already have no available. As far as I know, DAS works like fast pass. Does it mean even with DAS, since there is no FP+ available, we will have to wait in regular line? Thanks!

We are planning to go in April. Some rides already have no available. As far as I know, DAS works like fast pass. Does it mean even with DAS, since there is no FP+ available, we will have to wait in regular line? Thanks!

No, you can still get a DAS return time even if there are no FP+ left available for a ride. As long as a ride has a FP+ line and it is in operation, the DAS can be used. That said, I believe the FP+ line for Toy Story Mania is closing soon (or maybe has already closed, I haven't been paying much attention) in prep for the relocation of the ride entrance. I'm not sure if they will be issuing DAS return times or how they will be handling those requests in that situation.

No, you can still get a DAS return time even if there are no FP+ left available for a ride. As long as a ride has a FP+ line and it is in operation, the DAS can be used. That said, I believe the FP+ line for Toy Story Mania is closing soon (or maybe has already closed, I haven't been paying much attention) in prep for the relocation of the ride entrance. I'm not sure if they will be issuing DAS return times or how they will be handling those requests in that situation.
You are correct about Toy Story Mania - currently, it is operating with 2 tracks and the entrance has been moved down further.
The Fastpass line is closing April 9th and the attraction will be down to a single entry/single track at that time thru May 7. It has not been confirmed, but will probably close after May 7 and not reopen until Toy Story Land opens.
No one has posted yet about how that attraction is handling DAS (or whether they will be issuing DAS Return Times with only the Standby line open).

DAS works best when used with the Fastpasses that are issued to all guests. How it works best depends on your individual needs. Since the DAS Return Times can only be used if person DAS was issued to goes on the attraction, some people use Fastpass for those attractions the DAS user won’t go on.
Others use Fastpass for attractions with long waits to avoid having DAS tied up for long periods (there can only be one active DAS Return Time at a time).
Some use Fastpasses for their ‘must do’ or attractions they will want to repeat. My family uses Fastpasses to create kind of a ‘framework’ for the day, then we fill in with DAS.

Your other questions should be answered in the link tobikaye posted.

I have heard from another group that someone tried to get a DAS for TSM and was told no last week. Not sure the source just what I read.

yes you should still be able to get a return time if FP line is open. I will use as example FOP say the standby line 2.5 hours long your return time will be for 2 hours 20 minutes later. from what I have heard if trying for Toy Story while FP is down no luck with getting a return time. hope this helps with planning your trip

Good to know, I was hoping to DAS TS Mania next month. Perhaps the situation will change by then, otherwise we will skip it this trip.

I believe that TSMM will be closing completely for a time while the final track is switched over to the new TSL entrance. Someone (I think in the RUMORS forum) had the current anticipated dates, but of course, since I want to find them... I can't!

That may be why you can't get a TSMM FP+, if it falls during that complete closure timeframe.

I believe that TSMM will be closing completely for a time while the final track is switched over to the new TSL entrance. Someone (I think in the RUMORS forum) had the current anticipated dates, but of course, since I want to find them... I can't!

That may be why you can't get a TSMM FP+, if it falls during that complete closure timeframe.
It moved the entrance and is only 2 tracks starting February 9. It will be one “standby only” from April 9th through May 7th, with only one entrance in operation.
There hasn’t been an announcement of what will happen after May 7. The ride might be closed until the new Toy Story area in ready to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter