FP for Slinky Dog or Smugglers Run?

Rpiercecab

Earning My Ears
I have a FP already for Slinky Dog for my upcoming trip but just discovered Smugglers Run will also be added to FP. I hate to give up the Slinky FP, but something tells me lines/interest for SR will be greater so it would be a better use of FP if I can get one. Thoughts?

First I would check to see if there is any availability remaining for Smuggler's Run as that could assist in your decision making. Otherwise I think it really just comes down to which ride you prefer. I think SDD might be easier to get same day, at least at the beginning, so I would probably lean towards Smuggler's Run.

Yes, SR also seems like a better FP if you can get it since, if you do SDD at rope drop, you can follow with Swirling Saucers or TSM, and then be closer to go down to RNRC and ToT.

First I would check to see if there is any availability remaining for Smuggler's Run as that could assist in your decision making. Otherwise I think it really just comes down to which ride you prefer. I think SDD might be easier to get same day, at least at the beginning, so I would probably lean towards Smuggler's Run.

Good call. Right now SR has FP availability at the end of the day. 7:20 PM earliest.

I should also mention my HS day happens to be opening day for Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad. I’m so lost in my planning. We were going to rope drop in hopes of getting in a BG for RoTR, sign up for Jedi Training and grab the virtual queue with SR but it sucks that is gone. Priorities are Star Wars and then Toy Story. I have FP for TS Mania and SD at 2 and 3 so was going to knock that whole land out in the afternoon and focus on galaxy’s edge first thing.

Really all bets and advice are off if that's the day you're going. Just get whichever one is your priority. Until we see what wait times are like on SR once FP begins, it's going to be difficult to guess which will save you more time. If you'll be there at park close, I'd think that SDD will be a shorter line during the last 30 minutes (right now SR is very short at close but I expect that to be significantly higher once there are FP).

I wouldn't give up Slinky for Smuggler's. Slinky is very popular. Smuggler's is not as popular as it's big brother, Rise of the Resistance....plus, the standby line for Smuggler's is very cool in a geeky kind of way. Having ridden Smuggler's, I'd keep the Slinky fp.

I personally would keep the SDD fastpass. Smuggler's Run is cool and all, but that line is easier to deal with than the SDD (which is fully outside).

I agree with PPs. Keep SDD FP. SR has an indoor/shaded queue, and also features a Single Rider line, so if standby is super long, you can use that to minimize your wait time, if needed.

I should also mention my HS day happens to be opening day for Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad. I’m so lost in my planning. We were going to rope drop in hopes of getting in a BG for RoTR, sign up for Jedi Training and grab the virtual queue with SR but it sucks that is gone. Priorities are Star Wars and then Toy Story. I have FP for TS Mania and SD at 2 and 3 so was going to knock that whole land out in the afternoon and focus on galaxy’s edge first thing.

Same boat here where March 4 is our next HS day. However, for us MMRR is the priority. If there's not virtual queue for MMRR, we're going to try to get a BG for RoTR while hopping in line for MMRR. If MMRR also has a virtual queue, we're going to give that priority. But it sucks not knowing what'll happen yet. We do want to go to Epcot at night because it's the opening to the Flower & Garden so that's where our FPs are.

But to my knowledge, lines for SDD have been longer still, compared to SR. They obviously haven't has FPs which I know is a factor in standby wait times. Idk... either way you'll be waiting for one of those rides most likely.

I am in the same dilemma for April. My window coming up and I don’t know which one to do. It looks like there are no early fast passes even offered for SR? They earliest they start is around 10 in the morning.

I see a lot of people saying to keep slinky because the line for SM hasn't been bad ect, but I have a feeling that the standby line for smugglers is going to be much longer once they start running it with FP.

SR has a Single Rider line?
Yes, it does. It is not always open, but the sign on the left will illuminate with "Single Rider" when it's open. If it's blinking or going in and out, that's just part of the theme. You can ask the crew members as well, and they'll let you know it's status.

We'd choose SDD FP over Smuggler's and do the single rider there if its a long wait. The lines in the am for Smuggler's wasn't bad for us - and our last trip was during opening days of RotR. We rode it 3-4x in a row in the early am with low waits.

Something to consider about SR on smugglers is that they will use you to fill in other parties. That almost always means an engineers spot.

Something to consider about SR on smugglers is that they will use you to fill in other parties. That almost always means an engineers spot.
Agree - before I realized that. We had gone a run of a bunch of gunner and pilots and had never tried engineer. We went in the SR together and asked to be engineer. But of course, CM said that's what he was going to assign.

We'd choose SDD FP over Smuggler's and do the single rider there if its a long wait. The lines in the am for Smuggler's wasn't bad for us - and our last trip was during opening days of RotR. We rode it 3-4x in a row in the early am with low waits.
I think that's going to change with the advent of FP. I don't think that you will get more than 1 run in before it gets backed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter