FP+ day is tomorrow -and I don't care

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
This is an unexpected trip. We are 61 days out. I have no ADRS. I am not even sure which park for which day - usually I have this mapped out 180 days in advance waiting for park hours to confirm.

Will set the alarm and wing it.

We will be there for Star Wars (DH is excited - not my thing). Might do MNSSHP. Might do H20 Typhoon. Not into doing either in torrential downpours - Makes it hard to plan.

It's the just the 2 of us for the first time in many years - we usually have guests - many times rotating sets.

FoP is probably the only truly Must-do.

SOooooo not me

I think you'll have a good time coming up with things as you go. Just be aware that the hard to get FP may not be there. SDD and FOP for example. If FOP is must do, at least choose a day for that and book it. But otherwise don't plan if you don't want to it'll just be a different trip

We didn't book our trip until we were a few days past the 60 day mark. I figured out which park to do which day after I booked the resort and airfare. I'm thrilled with our plan although we don't have FOP yet. I got everything else, including slinky dog, which I never would have thought I'd get.

It'll work out fine and your trip will be so much fun!

We didn't book our trip until we were a few days past the 60 day mark. I figured out which park to do which day after I booked the resort and airfare. I'm thrilled with our plan although we don't have FOP yet. I got everything else, including slinky dog, which I never would have thought I'd get.

It'll work out fine and your trip will be so much fun!

We are DVC and have APs. I can book tomorrow, just not feeling the thrill. This was supposed to be a trip with our elderly relatives. They changed their minds after I borrowed points for a grand villa. We are using the borrowed points for stay in a one bed.
Hoping it's just a phase

We are DVC and have APs. I can book tomorrow, just not feeling the thrill. This was supposed to be a trip with our elderly relatives. They changed their minds after I borrowed points for a grand villa. We are using the borrowed points for stay in a one bed.
Hoping it's just a phase

Hopefully just a phase, given the change in plans. I understand the disappointment. I had a trip a few years ago that we were pretty sure we'd have to cancel when FP booking date came (we did ultimately get to go, but FP booking wasn't much fun.)

Hopefully once you get started, it'll become more exciting. But if it doesn't, don't feel like you have to do it all first thing tomorrow morning. Knock out a couple of hard to get FPs and you can get the rest later.

I've booked a few trips inside of 60 days. No problem. I end up with every hard to get FP within the half day in which I want to use it by modifying on the app the night before or morning of my visit. It had been so consistent over so many trips that I no longer am concerned with booking FP's at 60+ days and I'm not an alarmist when some reports 'I couldn't get SDD or FOP' because they certainly can if they're willing to try later for it.

Personally, I would book some anyway. They are free and they will save you a bunch of time if you use them and won't cost you a thing if you miss them.

I've booked a few trips inside of 60 days. No problem. I end up with every hard to get FP within the half day in which I want to use it by modifying on the app the night before or morning of my visit. It had been so consistent over so many trips that I no longer am concerned with booking FP's at 60+ days and I'm not an alarmist when some reports 'I couldn't get SDD or FOP' because they certainly can if they're willing to try later for it.

Just wanted to chime in that for my July trip last year, I was trying right up until the last minute for SDD and FoP. I could never get it and that was using refresh and using my computer when in the hotel. I darn near drained by battery every day trying to refresh so much. It just never happened. Fortunately, I was able to do both rides. SDD I just waited in line for. FoP I did at park closing on three separate nights.

Personally, I would book some anyway. They are free and they will save you a bunch of time if you use them and won't cost you a thing if you miss them.

I made a bunch - out of habit -not sure if we will stick to the schedule as much as we usually do

Just wanted to chime in that for my July trip last year, I was trying right up until the last minute for SDD and FoP. I could never get it and that was using refresh and using my computer when in the hotel. I darn near drained by battery every day trying to refresh so much. It just never happened. Fortunately, I was able to do both rides. SDD I just waited in line for. FoP I did at park closing on three separate nights.

We did get FoP twice - I didn't bother with SDD because we like TSM more. There have been many, many times where I worried endlessly about getting those passes so please don't think I am making light of it for others - when my daughter was home from the military or when our friends with little ones joined us, I sweated out each FP. This time it felt different but I have them now.

Ohhhh I hear you. I’ve been on 13 or 14 trips. I was a planner extrodinaire. I lived for all the planning details, it was fun to me.
Fastpass plus broke my planning spirit. It started to feel like homework. Something else to worry about , a vacation competition. Now I couldn’t care less. It all just gets a giant shrug from me . We will get what we get and we still end up having a wonderful time. I hope you will too ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter