Fp+ baby swap question

teddygurl28

DIS Veteran
First off I have searched for this answer and I know it's out there but was still a bit confused. Next year will be our first trip with a baby (yey!). But she will be 15 months so clearly too small to ride some stuff. My parents are coming with us. So I was checking to see - when we do fast pass do we select for all 4 people and then 2 will go and 2 will go after? My concern is what if our fp time passes while the first two are in line? Or do we all check in and then go 2 and 2? Hopefully that question makes sense? I guess so say we have soaring from 1-2 and our lunch is done at 125 and we walk over to soarin and get in fp line at 140. Well clearly the first 2 people won't be out by 2 so then the next two people would miss out? So other than making sure we get to our fp time exactly at the firs minute available how to we avoid that issues? Is it an issue or am I missing something? First time planning with a baby and other people besides me and hubby so I want to make sure I plan an amazing trip for all involved!!!

Hello,
We were there in September and had a 3 year old who couldn't ride some ride. I did split fastpasses. Where I got fastpasses for half of our group at one place and the other half at another location for rides my youngest couldn't do. It will give you double the fastpass opportunities. When they check in for your fastpasses bring the small child with you and they will give you a rider swap pass which is good until the end of the month for up to 3 riders to go in one that ride at any time. Hope that helps.

Rider swap!!! Two of you get fast passes for Soarin and two for test track. Present the entire party to the CM in front of the ride including baby and ask for a rider swap pass. The two family members with FPs ride the ride and then you switch and the other 2 ride with the rider swap pass. That's the simple version.

More details, the rider swap pass lets 3 people ride so someone in your party can ride twice. They don't have to be used immediately, so the two non fast pass holders can take baby on another attraction while the two fast pass holders are riding. Usually the rider swap passes are good for a couple of days past the day you get it. Can be used any time.

Thank you both! I thought that's how it was supposed to work but thought I read we all had to have fast passes(but then couldn't find the thread)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter