FP and Split Stay - Onsite/Offsite/Onsite

CinderellaDream

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure where this thread should go but I'm starting on the Resorts board since it relates to split stays.

We originally had a 4 day/3 night offsite visit planned with 4 day MYW tickets. I'm considering adding a night at the beginning of the trip and a night at the end of the trip at a value resort to give us four full days in the park.

How will those two onsite stays affect the timing of my FP selections? Will I be able to make FP at 60 days for the first & last days of our tickets and at 30 days for the two days in between? I would much rather stay onsite for the whole time but the offsite plans cannot be changed.

I'm not sure where this thread should go but I'm starting on the Resorts board since it relates to split stays.

We originally had a 4 day/3 night offsite visit planned with 4 day MYW tickets. I'm considering adding a night at the beginning of the trip and a night at the end of the trip at a value resort to give us four full days in the park.

How will those two onsite stays affect the timing of my FP selections? Will I be able to make FP at 60 days for the first & last days of our tickets and at 30 days for the two days in between? I would much rather stay onsite for the whole time but the offsite plans cannot be changed.
You will be able to select FPs at 60 days for the day you arrive and the day that you check out from the Disney resorts. So, if you’re check in to the Value resort on Day #1, you will be able to book FPs for Day #1 and Day #2 60 days prior to Day #1. For Day #3 & Day #4 (the second and third nights of your offsite stay), you will have to wait until 30 days prior to Day #3 to book FPs for that day and then 30 days prior to Day #4 to book FPs for that day.

Day #5 would be the day that you check into another Value Resort. You would be able to book FPs for that day at 60 days prior to arrival.

Last edited:
What will you do with your luggage when you get up in the morning to hit the park? You will have to check out of the on-site room.

What will you do with your luggage when you get up in the morning to hit the park? You will have to check out of the on-site room.
You can leave your bags with baggage services for the day. Lots of people head to the parks on their checkout days, leaving their bags at the resort and then retrieving them when it’s time to leave.

You will be able to select FPs at 60 days for the day you arrive and the day that you check out from the Disney resorts. So, if you’re check in to the Value resort on Day #1, you will be able to book FPs for Day #1 and Day #2 60 days prior to Day #1. For Day #3 & Day #4 (the second and third nights of your offsite stay), you will have to wait until 30 days prior to Day #3 to book FPs for that day and then 30 days prior to Day #4 to book FPs for that day.

Day #5 would be the day that you check into another Value Resort. You old be able to book FPs for that day at 60 days prior to arrival.

Thank you! I thought this was how it would work but wanted confirmation from someone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter