• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ and Shades of Green

jszat

Earning My Ears
So will Shades of Green guests be eligible to book FP+ times in advance?

I actually contacted SoG a few months ago about this; no plans to participate in this as of now.

I just stayed there over the weekend. I had existing magic bands that I used from a prior stay at Pop Century this past fall, but if you don't already have them, they don't issue them at this time. You'll use a regular ticket card for park entry and scheduling your FPs when you get to the parks and show your room key at EMH like usual.

I just stayed there over the weekend. I had existing magic bands that I used from a prior stay at Pop Century this past fall, but if you don't already have them, they don't issue them at this time. You'll use a regular ticket card for park entry and scheduling your FPs when you get to the parks and show your room key at EMH like usual.

How long are the Magic Bands good for? We are staying at WL in July and then coming back June 2015 for SOG stay.

How long are the Magic Bands good for? We are staying at WL in July and then coming back June 2015 for SOG stay.

At least 2 years... and longer.

The limitation is due to the bands' internal battery, which has an approximate 2-3 year life (and cannot be charged or replaced.)

So on the SOG cards...
Last time we were there we stayed at the POP Century and everyone had to have their room band with them and it had to be scanned for each person each ride, whereas when we stayed at shades of green only one person in their party had to show the card no scanning. Which is the case for the SOG card now.

So the standard right now for shades of green is just show your room key? I know last time we were there they only gave us 2cards in there were four of us. 3 adults not always together.

I have a friend going and staying at SoG in March and they are just now starting to plan :scared1:. They know nothing about Disney, so asked for my help. I'm trying to make sure I give them the right info, so please help me make sure I'm clear on this! They will get KTTW cards and not MBs? And they need to book FP+ at the kiosks in the park, not ahead of time. Is that correct? Will they need a KTTW card for everyone in order to book FP+ at the kiosks? (I assume yes).

TIA!

EMH please

SoG room keys should get you EMH access.

I have a friend going and staying at SoG in March and they are just now starting to plan :scared1:. They know nothing about Disney, so asked for my help. I'm trying to make sure I give them the right info, so please help me make sure I'm clear on this!

1. They will get KTTW cards and not MBs?

2. And they need to book FP+ at the kiosks in the park, not ahead of time. Is that correct?

3. Will they need a KTTW card for everyone in order to book FP+ at the kiosks? (I assume yes).

TIA!

1. As of now, yes.

2. As of now, yes.

3. As of now...yes. ;)

We were there over Christmas. They are no longer issuing KTTW cards. We were a party of five, 3 adults and 2 children. We had three room keys. We were given three little pieces of paper which basically said SOG, sponsor name, the dates we were staying, and how many in our party.

I was able to use either the room key, or the little piece of paper for EMH. Some CM's preferred the room key, some liked the paper because it had the dates. I just started showing both at the same time.

I was disappointed with not having the KTTW card anymore. This also means no charging.

They are now checking ID's to get on the bus to go back to the resort. That's where the paper comes in. If you do not have a military ID (which I don't, guest of my parents) you have to have that little piece of paper to be allowed back on the bus. It's one or the other for the party, either ID or paper. Some times the kids and I would stay at the park later than my parents, so with no sponsor, I had to have the paper.

So the standard right now for shades of green is just show your room key? I know last time we were there they only gave us 2cards in there were four of us. 3 adults not always together.

They asked me how many room keys I'd need at check-in. If they don't ask you, ask them to make you as many as you'll need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter