FP+ and Resort Reservations

BeerMe

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered in one of the 10 million FP+ threads, but I can't find it. So, here goes:

If you have a resort reservation and make FP+ reservations 60 days out, then cancel the resort reservation at a later date do you lose the FP+ reservations?

My guess would be yes. TIA.

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered in one of the 10 million FP+ threads, but I can't find it. So, here goes:

If you have a resort reservation and make FP+ reservations 60 days out, then cancel the resort reservation at a later date do you lose the FP+ reservations?

My guess would be yes. TIA.

You lose the FP+ reservations.

This is just my theory...

I don't think you lose them unless you pull your tickets off too.
This is what I think happens...

If you have a package that includes tix and you cancel it, yes, you will lose the FPs. Poof. Gone.

If you have a room-only and tickets are attached separately, whether APs or not, you can make your FP picks at 60 days because the room res opens the booking window and you have tix. If you cancel your room after that, but leave your tix linked, you will keep your FPs but you will not be able to change them anymore until day 30 when your window opens again.

The room reservation controls the 60 day booking window.
The tickets are what entitle you to FPs.

Again, just my theory so take it with a huge grain of salt.

I just spoke to a castmember, and I know that the info is not always accurate, but she stated the FP+ is tied to your room reservation rather than your tickets. If that is truly the case, I would think you would loose your FP+.

On a sidenote off topic in case this affects anyone else, split stays are now a bad idea if you really really want to choose all the FP+s at one time. Even though we bought MYW package for seven days, with three nights on the original hotel, we are only able to make FP+ for the beginning of our trip.

I just spoke to a castmember, and I know that the info is not always accurate, but she stated the FP+ is tied to your room reservation rather than your tickets. If that is truly the case, I would think you would loose your FP+.

On a sidenote off topic in case this affects anyone else, split stays are now a bad idea if you really really want to choose all the FP+s at one time. Even though we bought MYW package for seven days, with three nights on the original hotel, we are only able to make FP+ for the beginning of our trip.

How long were your tickets on the package for? Just curious. I've heard of people running into trouble when they book a room-only on the front part of a split stay, but not the other way around.

Between 60 days out and 31 days out, your FP+ reservations are connected to your WDW Resort reservation and your tickets. (You must have both.)

Within 30 days out, your FP+ reservations are connected to your tickets only.

However, if you had a WDW resort reservation and you cancelled it within 30 days of your trip,
I'd certainly be worried that canceling the resort reservation just MIGHT also
cancel your FP+reservations, even if you had made your resort reservation within the 30 day
period before your trip.

GLITCHES are everywhere.

How long were your tickets on the package for? Just curious. I've heard of people running into trouble when they book a room-only on the front part of a split stay, but not the other way around.

For 12/20-12/23 I have a Free Dining package at CBR and bought 7 day passes. For 12/23-12/27 I have a Dolphin stay. I ran into that problem when I made my ADR's, but didn't realize it would also affect my FP+ selections. :rolleyes2

Both are linked on MDE, and I really hope at 60 days for the Dolphin ressie I'll be able to pick up FP's.

For 12/20-12/23 I have a Free Dining package at CBR and bought 7 day passes. For 12/23-12/27 I have a Dolphin stay. I ran into that problem when I made my ADR's, but didn't realize it would also affect my FP+ selections. :rolleyes2

Both are linked on MDE, and I really hope at 60 days for the Dolphin ressie I'll be able to pick up FP's.

Oh that makes sense. So your booking window closes with the close of the resort stay. I'm sure it will open again with the Dolphin stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter