FP+ about 20 days out??

Kyhome

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I love this board! Long time WDW vet and we checked out Disneyland for the first time this summer! Quick question-considering a sort of last minute and very quick trip to WDW, would stay onsite with hoppers, have never booked on such short notice. I know we will not get FP+ for SDMT, FOP, Slinky Dog Dash, or Alien Saucers. My question is would we be able to get some of the 'bigger' (ie more popular) rides-thinking for example Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash, Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, Toy Story Mania, Tower Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster? Not specifically all of those for sure but would we be able to get at least some of those? Thoughts? Thank you!!!

Hi all,
I love this board! Long time WDW vet and we checked out Disneyland for the first time this summer! Quick question-considering a sort of last minute and very quick trip to WDW, would stay onsite with hoppers, have never booked on such short notice. I know we will not get FP+ for SDMT, FOP, Slinky Dog Dash, or Alien Saucers. My question is would we be able to get some of the 'bigger' (ie more popular) rides-thinking for example Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash, Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, Toy Story Mania, Tower Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster? Not specifically all of those for sure but would we be able to get at least some of those? Thoughts? Thank you!!!

We are 15 days out from our trip and I was thinking about changing a couple of our FP+ selections and there was still availability for a lot of those when I was checking today! I would think you still have a good shot at getting them if you aren't super picky about times!

Hi all,
Yes. Only the rides you mentioned (along with Mission Space for some reason) are showing no availability 20 days out from now. Many times available throughout the morning for most other rides....some you may have to look at early afternoon.

Yes. Only the rides you mentioned (along with Mission Space for some reason) are showing no availability 20 days out from now. Many times available throughout the morning for most other rides....some you may have to look at early afternoon.
Thanks-so the rides I mentioned are showing no availability? Or they are showing availability? Not all of them of course, just wondering in general if we can get at least a few of those. Thank you!

The ones you said wouldn't be available aren't. All the others are available.

ETA: I was looking for a party of 4.

I've gotten fastpasses for Flight of Passage 5 days out, 1 day out, and the same day. You can get anything, you just have to be willing to check multiple times. People cancel and change things all the time. The only time I've ever had an issue was, crazily enough, trying to move a fastpass for Dinosaur same day to an earlier time. It was the one time "refresh constantly" failed me.

Availability

The vast majority of the 63 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

Aside from like the top 4 or 5 rides, you can get every other ride easily booking more than a week out

You'll also be able to get a lot of them same day, such as 7DMT, the Mountains, RnR, TSMM, etc...

Our very first WDW trip was booked 7 days out. We got FPs for everything the wanted by checking daily and dinners at Chef Mickey and Akershus (we only stayed two nights). I actually miss it; I’d rather book last minute when availability for everything opens up than book as we did this time 3 months in advance when people are still holding on to ADRs they won’t use, and where you have to log in at 7am for the feeding frenzy of FP booking.

Yes. Only the rides you mentioned (along with Mission Space for some reason) are showing no availability 20 days out from now.

Mission Space was hard to get for July 4th week, which surprised me. I was able to finally pick it up during our trip with refreshing. I wanted our son to see the updates to it.

You'll be fine. We went in APril and booked 8 days out and got everything we wanted, including a same day FoP FP (we didn't get 7DMT but there were a couple available, just later than we wanted so we RD it). TSL wasn't open yet, obviously, so that may be tougher but we had no issues with some diligent checking and were able to ride some of the rides you listed multiple times with 4th, 5th, 6th FP. :)

I booked a trip last week only 9 days in advance and I was able to find good fastpasses - perhaps not at the perfect time, but I got all the mountains, Na'vi river, etc. It's totally possible 3 weeks out. Have fun!

It’s all going to depending on when you are going. I just looked at 20 days from today, Wed, Aug 8. The only things not available were 7DMT, FOP, Slinky and Aliens. Everything else was available. I can check for a group of 5. There were some available in the morning, but not for everything.

Mission Space was hard to get for July 4th week, which surprised me. I was able to finally pick it up during our trip with refreshing. I wanted our son to see the updates to it.
Mission Space is one of the few tier 2 attractions at Epcot now that character spot has gone tier 1. So I can def see how they get grabbed quickly cause there’s really not a heck of a lot of options there in tier 2 now that actually require a fp.

keep trying .... our last trip was booked about 3 weeks in advance, and we got FP's for everything, including Seven Dwarfs, which was new'ish at the time. We had to be a little flexible but nothing too wild. The key is to keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter