Fourth Gate Coming?

BaymaxFan78

Fort Wilderness Enthusiast
Universal just announced that on August 1st they will be having an invite-only media event where they will have a "Big announcement" Could this be a 4th park?

Reading more about this, they're renting out the Convention Center for this (which happens to be close to the new park land).

Some are speculating this is going to be on par with a D23 type media event.

Side-note: @macraven this thread should probably be moved to the Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure forum

I put it here because that forum Is for those two parks, not universal resort itself.

This forum is typically dedicated to the hotels while the other one to theme parks. Even though it's title IOA and USF, it's also where Volcano Bay is discussed (even though it's not in the forum title).

Mac will likely move it over there (and it will get more attention/discussion in that forum too).

Reading more about this, they're renting out the Convention Center for this (which happens to be close to the new park land).
Looking on the Orange County Property Appraiser website, they own all of this20190726_161215.jpg
sorry for the sloppy drawing

This forum is typically dedicated to the hotels while the other one to theme parks. Even though it's title IOA and USF, it's also where Volcano Bay is discussed (even though it's not in the forum title).

Mac will likely move it over there (and it will get more attention/discussion in that forum too).
Ohh okay

I've been trying to move this thread but keep getting a glitch.
Will be moving it soon, but in the meantime, feel free to post in this thread.

Thread now has a new home....

Yes yes yes! Exciting as Uni tends to move a wee bit faster in building than Disney. Bioreconstruct on twitter has had photos...

They`ve been working on that land for quite a while now....there are portacabins and things already being built for offices and such.

And there`s one single tree right in the middle of the property......looks so weird.

Look forward to this announcement.....finally!!!

So excited for this announcement! Seeing all the hotels go up has been stressful.....that's a lot of rooms to hold a lot of bodies to spread out over 3 parks.

So guessing this is going to go next to the piece of land that's next door to Lockheed Martin? I'm sure they'll be thrilled about that lol

I personally haven't been to universal much but I have been hearing a lot of news about it. Is it true that they are considering making a themed park similar to Magic Kingdom?

I personally haven't been to universal much but I have been hearing a lot of news about it. Is it true that they are considering making a themed park similar to Magic Kingdom?

What do you mean similar to Magic Kingdom? Similar in what way?

What do you mean similar to Magic Kingdom? Similar in what way?

Might be referring to a hub and spoke design where there is a central "hub" and then all of the lands fan off from the central hub area.

To which the answer is supposedly yes.

All of the rumors and leaks up to now have been:
  1. Central Hub/Plaza
  2. Super Nintendo World (with a Mario Land, and. DK Jungle Land, and *maybe* a Pokémon land)
  3. DreamWorks Animation World (with a land themed off How to Train Your Dragon, and Possible another Land based on another IP)
  4. Classic Monster World (with Draculas castle and maybe a Creature from the Black Lagoon area)
  5. Fantastic Beasts world
And the prevailing insiders rumor is that these worlds would be entirely immersed so you can't see one from the other.

The list of speculated lands is probably off, the only one known is Nintendo. (And really any details beyond Mario Kart and Donkey Kong). The rest are pure speculation.

I do know the park's goal is Potter level theming throughout. The existing parks are getting new stuff also.

The list of speculated lands is probably off, the only one known is Nintendo. (And really any details beyond Mario Kart and Donkey Kong). The rest are pure speculation.

I do know the park's goal is Potter level theming throughout. The existing parks are getting new stuff also.

Nintendo, Fantastic Beasts, and Dreamworks is 100% happening. Universal Classic Monsters last I heard is most likely happening but I wouldn’t say 100%.

As long as it is a FAMILY park they will really give Disney a run for their money if they do it to Disney's level.
the new park really needs to appeal to small children as well as adults.
I mean, yes Universal get stuff done quicker, but that is because it isn't as good as Disney.
Look at the new Hagrid ride. They churned that out way before it was ready. Disney would never have a ride open before it was ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter