• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Four Season or Waldorf

cpdisney

Mouseketeer
Can’t believe I’m interested in staying off property. I’m tired of Disney Deluxe Resorts and would appreciate info on Four Seasons and Waldorf from anyone who stayed at either. I’m looking for relaxing, indulgent splurge trip, convenient dining, etc. Which do people prefer and why. Are there loyalty clubs I should investigate before booking? How’s Club level compared to WDW? Thanks for your help

The Four Seasons Orlando does not have Club level or loyalty program. Their usual special offers are 20% off for non-refundable rooms or stay 4 nights get 1 free.

They are both great.

Bull & Bear is SO good (we were there over thanksgiving and it was exceptional) and Waldorf has a great lobby and excellent service. The price point is going to be better than the FS. You can get really great sized rooms without spending an unreasonable amount.

The FS is great. Amazing pools. Capa is beautiful and really delicious. Their spa and fitness center are uniquely good. I also love their shops. It is slightly more kid centric than the Waldorf just by vibe. But the adults pool is very chill. Their prices have been VERY high lately - I guess like all of Disney.

I prefer the FS - but price and Bull & Bear make Waldorf a great option.

We have only stayed at the Waldorf but it was fantastic. Found a great deal in Nov 2019 for about $300 per night for a king suite. The room was huge, one of my sons slept on the pullout couch and the other slept on a cot that was already in the room when we got there (we did not ask for it). Service was excellent, but we ended up using the pool next door since it was more tailored to kids.

Heading back to the Four Seasons in April. The kids will stay wherever I take them but my husband would not come with us if we stayed at the Waldorf. Love FS. We will have a park view room and the only thing better would be if I could afford a park view suite.

I usually book my hotel separate from park tickets, but for this trip I found that a 6 nights + park tickets package through Disney was actually cheaper than booking them separately.

We have stayed at both. No question, Four Seasons. Far more luxurious than Waldorf. No club level or loyalty programs because everyone gets fantastic individualized, professional service across the board. Enjoy!!

It is a tough comparison due to the current prices. FS is 3-4x Waldorf; hard for us to justify. You can regularly find deals for Waldorf on Hotwire and Priceline. Both are luxury and a very nice change for us from time to time vs Disney.

At Waldorf right now. Major construction going on. On one side an addition is being built by the front door. The other side has a waterfront convention center going up (until fall 2023). Work started by about 8 am. Not precisely relaxing! We are here on points (= free), and I had some prior warning due to these boards, or I would be severely disappointed.

At Waldorf right now. Major construction going on. On one side an addition is being built by the front door. The other side has a waterfront convention center going up (until fall 2023). Work started by about 8 am. Not precisely relaxing! We are here on points (= free), and I had some prior warning due to these boards, or I would be severely disappointed.

we are staying in April on points (free) and have already been upgraded to a Disney view balcony suite. Is the construction bad enough to avoid and cancel?

It’s not really terrible but not ideal.

Looking at the floor plan on the Hilton app:

The lower even-numbered rooms on the 02-28 wing overlook the construction at the front of the hotel (we are in an 08 room right over it). They did start up again this morning right about 8. Light sleepers in these rooms will hear it.

The odd-numbered rooms ending 01-27 and the odd-numbered rooms ending 37-47 (all pool view) are going to be looking toward the construction at the back (which runs alongside the convention center area between the Waldorf and the Signia). That’s a bit further removed though and may not be as disturbing in the room.

The best rooms to get away from construction probably are the even numbered rooms ending 30-48, as they face away from both construction zones.

I think those might be the pool view rooms but not sure. Our side looks toward Disney Springs.

Here are pics of construction from Waldorf pool deck and then from walkway toward SigniaD7915B65-0B5E-451B-B386-EA7243E1A2F8.jpeg48293ACB-8425-45F1-8244-B3E14A6228CC.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter