Four people in a room

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
My family is all over the place with our vacation plans for next year. We're between a trip out west, a trip to Universal/Disney, or a cruise on Royal Caribbean. I thought we had decided on Universal/Disney, but now we are leaning towards a cruise. Next week it will probably be the trip out west. :scared: If we cruise, we'd like to do an Eastern Caribbean cruise on either the Harmony of the Seas or the Wonder of the Seas. Price is high, but still cheaper than staying at Disney for a week in a deluxe resort. At first I was thinking of booking two rooms, but I can't get any connecting rooms unless they are inside cabins and we'd rather have a balcony, but the cost for two rooms is more than I'd like to spend. How tight is the room for four people? My sons will be 17-years-old next summer and are both 5'10" right now. We all stayed in the same room on our Disney cruises but they were much younger and smaller then. Are the Royal Caribbean ships like Disney in that they have the fold down sofa and the bed that comes down from the ceiling? I can't find anything about the bed configuration for four on RC's website.

Thanks. :)

My family is all over the place with our vacation plans for next year. We're between a trip out west, a trip to Universal/Disney, or a cruise on Royal Caribbean. I thought we had decided on Universal/Disney, but now we are leaning towards a cruise. Next week it will probably be the trip out west. :scared: If we cruise, we'd like to do an Eastern Caribbean cruise on either the Harmony of the Seas or the Wonder of the Seas. Price is high, but still cheaper than staying at Disney for a week in a deluxe resort. At first I was thinking of booking two rooms, but I can't get any connecting rooms unless they are inside cabins and we'd rather have a balcony, but the cost for two rooms is more than I'd like to spend. How tight is the room for four people? My sons will be 17-years-old next summer and are both 5'10" right now. We all stayed in the same room on our Disney cruises but they were much younger and smaller then. Are the Royal Caribbean ships like Disney in that they have the fold down sofa and the bed that comes down from the ceiling? I can't find anything about the bed configuration for four on RC's website.

Thanks. :)
Harmony is a beautiful ship and the cabins my favorite so far. The colors are soothing and classy.

We have had 3 -5 in a cabin and one thing that really makes a difference on it feeling bigger is booking a balcony. Having that wall of glass just extends the room way out.

Our Harmony was 3 of us and we had a sofa that converted into an oversized twin. No folding. I imagine if you book for you will get a cabin with that plus a drop down bed as well. OR I'll search my old pictures but I'm thinking there might have been at trundle that pulled out for another twin bed.

We also book the "hump" balcony where the ship bumps out. The balcony is much bigger and your whole family can be quite comfortable out there. This is our hump balcony and the bed made up.

46670129_10156319315434102_2965612533488025600_n.jpg46795027_10156319311324102_2225628589380861952_n.jpg

I think your room will feel very crowded with your near-adult kids in there. Respect for trying to save some money and if you can manage for a week then go for it.

With that said, I think I'd try for a balcony plus a nearby interior stateroom for the boys. Not sure how much more that is over just a balcony but you'd be more comfortable, and have an extra bathroom.

Harmony is a beautiful ship and the cabins my favorite so far. The colors are soothing and classy.

We have had 3 -5 in a cabin and one thing that really makes a difference on it feeling bigger is booking a balcony. Having that wall of glass just extends the room way out.

Our Harmony was 3 of us and we had a sofa that converted into an oversized twin. No folding. I imagine if you book for you will get a cabin with that plus a drop down bed as well. OR I'll search my old pictures but I'm thinking there might have been at trundle that pulled out for another twin bed.

We also book the "hump" balcony where the ship bumps out. The balcony is much bigger and your whole family can be quite comfortable out there. This is our hump balcony and the bed made up.

View attachment 690528View attachment 690529

Thank you for the pictures! Very helpful!

I think your room will feel very crowded with your near-adult kids in there. Respect for trying to save some money and if you can manage for a week then go for it.

With that said, I think I'd try for a balcony plus a nearby interior stateroom for the boys. Not sure how much more that is over just a balcony but you'd be more comfortable, and have an extra bathroom.

My husband said the same thing - put them in an inside room close to us. I was looking at RC’s website this morning and I can get two connecting balcony rooms on the Harmony and the price isn’t too bad. We could swing it. I love the idea of two bathrooms!

My husband said the same thing - put them in an inside room close to us. I was looking at RC’s website this morning and I can get two connecting balcony rooms on the Harmony and the price isn’t too bad. We could swing it. I love the idea of two bathrooms!
Another option is to forgo the connecting rooms. I think RC charges extra to get two connecting rooms. Just get two adjacent balconies.

Best bet, especially with older kids, is to get either two rooms side by side (connecting or not) or one balcony and one inside across from it. You'll really appreciate the two bathrooms and extra space, and usually the price is really reasonable.

Another option would be to try and book a category 1R spacious interior. There's only a few of them, but they will have the pull down bed and the couch bed.

As per @HopperFan 's pictures, for the majority of the 4 person rooms they makeup the couch and then typically it's a trundle pull out under the couch for the other bed.

Another option is to forgo the connecting rooms. I think RC charges extra to get two connecting rooms. Just get two adjacent balconies.

Two connecting balcony rooms .... ask your steward and they can sometimes open the balcony between so you have combined balcony. We've done it on the hump cabins, part the wall stays but part folds back and we were three cabins connected outside even though we didn't connect inside.

Just make sure the rooms aren't right below the pool deck. It can get a bit loud.

The adjacent balcony rooms that were mentioned isn't a bad idea, actually. The only real difference would be that you don't have an open door between rooms.

Just make sure the rooms aren't right below the pool deck. It can get a bit loud.

The adjacent balcony rooms that were mentioned isn't a bad idea, actually. The only real difference would be that you don't have an open door between rooms.

Rooms I've been looking at are on decks 8 and 9. Both decks have connecting rooms and adjacent rooms. Are those good decks?

I personally like those decks. Not too high so can reach the Boardwalk/Central Park/Promenade easily, but also not too bad a climb to get to the pool deck.

Are the rooms Ocean, Boardwalk or Central Park balconies?

Two connecting balcony rooms .... ask your steward and they can sometimes open the balcony between so you have combined balcony. We've done it on the hump cabins, part the wall stays but part folds back and we were three cabins connected outside even though we didn't connect inside.
I thought about suggesting that but you can't guarantee it will happen. Not every balcony can connect and even if they can, it may not be allowed. I agree that would be an ideal solution though.

I thought about suggesting that but you can't guarantee it will happen. Not every balcony can connect and even if they can, it may not be allowed. I agree that would be an ideal solution though.
Why I said sometimes. If they do book side by side balconies, I wanted to give them the info so they could ask if possible. I'd be mad if I found out after that I might have been able to do that.

Not something we depend on when making a cabin decision but then again we have never been told no. We have even been brought extra chairs so we each had one.

A single balcony will be tight, especially when the trundle is pulled out, but not impossible. We get two connecting rooms when we can but sometimes it's more than we want to budget and we go with one room for the four of us (but for us, we're ok getting 2 connecting promenade or virtual interior over 2 balcony rooms due to cost and wanting two rooms). We've stayed in a single room when our kids were younger, the latest on Symphony which would be similar to Harmony and Wonder. The biggest thing is coordinating changing and showering, but again, if it's that or no cruise, then it can be done.
Sounds like you are leaning towards two rooms. Let us know what you decide.

A single balcony will be tight, especially when the trundle is pulled out, but not impossible. We get two connecting rooms when we can but sometimes it's more than we want to budget and we go with one room for the four of us (but for us, we're ok getting 2 connecting promenade or virtual interior over 2 balcony rooms due to cost and wanting two rooms). We've stayed in a single room when our kids were younger, the latest on Symphony which would be similar to Harmony and Wonder. The biggest thing is coordinating changing and showering, but again, if it's that or no cruise, then it can be done.
Sounds like you are leaning towards two rooms. Let us know what you decide.
We booked two connecting rooms a few years back with two kids and we can’t go back. We used to do just 1 but besides the extra space and bathroom it’s nice to put the kids to bed around 7:3-8:15 and not also have to be quite in the room the rest of the night. We just got off freedom and did promenade view to save money and I would rather have this setup than one balcony room with all 4 of us crammed in

We did one balcony room with our two teens and it wasn’t too bad. We spend so little time in the room anyway. And when we were there, DW and I were on the balcony most of the time, so didn’t feel crowded at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter