Four mostly adults in one room

I once took a trip several years back with 3 good friends and we stayed at our home resort OKW in a studio. It may have been okay, but one of us got sick with a cold and the quarters became much tighter after that! :crowded: So my suggestion would be at least a one-bedroom at a DVC resort. BLT might be a good choice - the one-bedroom units have two bathrooms. There is at least one other DVC resort that also has that configuration, but I’m drawing a blank on which ones at the moment. And SSR is close to the Springs. Good luck!
AKL - Kidani also has the extra bathroom in the 1BR. The only downside to that 1BR plan is 2 folks get a king bed and 2 folks get a pull-out! But it's a lot more room to spread out!

I would consider a Poly studio. 1 queen, 1 queen Murphy, 1 twin Murphy. 2 showers and bathroom sinks.

OP: Before considering renting DVC points, keep in mind that you could end up losing the entire cost of the stay if you have to cancel, and changing your plans might be impossible.

I think trying to have four adult women in a room with only one bathroom is a terrible idea.

I agree with many other posters who recommend 2 rooms at a Value resort or the All Star suites. Since you mentioned that your sister wants to save money, having one room at the Contemporary or Poly would cost more than 2 rooms at an All Stars. And all of it would cost more than 2 rooms or even a suite at many off-site hotels. Although I vote for staying on-site (do I have a vote?) since the transportation is so easy and no one would be driving or ridesharing or shuttling back and forth.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide!

I stayed with a total of 5 females in our room (2 adults, 18, 15, 11) this past December. We stayed 2 nights at Caribbean Beach and then switched to a Poly DVC studio. The studio with extra bathroom was definitely more comfortable and made getting ready in the mornings easier. I hope you have a great trip!

OP: Get two rooms, most likely at a Value. Book directly through Disney. That way if your sister and niece can't make it you can just cancel their room. If you rent a 2-bedroom DVC, you'll be stuck with the cost even if your sister and niece can't go.

Yes, these things happen and it's best to be prepared.

But two rooms will be better anyway, since you'll have two bathrooms and more privacy.

Be on the lookout for discounts. They're happening regularly these days.

I agree with others that everyone staying in one room is a recipe for disaster. It will be cheaper and keep family unity to just get 2 rooms at a value or mod. I would say Pop for a value or POFQ for a mod. If you don't mind extra walking, CBR would be good as well. Having two different rooms to retreat at the end of the day to get a good night's sleep is priceless!! (not to mention the extra bathroom.....)

OP: Get two rooms, most likely at a Value. Book directly through Disney. That way if your sister and niece can't make it you can just cancel their room. If you rent a 2-bedroom DVC, you'll be stuck with the cost even if your sister and niece can't go.

Yes, these things happen and it's best to be prepared.
That is such a good point. I’ve had travel companions bail on me last minute a couple times.

Two value rooms or a family suite at All Star Music. Four women and one bathroom…. Unless all of you can sleep through anything, one vale room would be a disaster.

Honestly, I’d get 2 rooms at a value or moderate, unless each of you are fine with sharing a queen bed with your respective daughters. Also, that’s a lot of grown women to be sharing one bathroom.

I love my siblings and their families and my parents dearly, but at the end of the day, the only people I really want to share space with is my husband and our son.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but sometimes it’s worth it to spend a little extra money to save some stress.

Two rooms at wherever you can afford.

I have 3 sisters and the 4 of us travel together on the regular. If it's more than a 2 night getaway we get two rooms. That's the rule. We're grown women and don't care to share beds nor space longer than 48 hours.

Remember this is your vacation. You want to enjoy it.

A possible trip next summer with my 22 year old daughter, my sister (I won't reveal her age ;) and my 16 year old niece. My sister wants us all to share a room as a cost saving measure. What resort would best accommodate our group? I love my family, but I don't want us to be so on top of each other that it causes stress. Also, a lot of pool time and Disney Springs is on the agenda for me and my daughter, so please keep that in mind. I truly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you would be kind enough to share!
Apologies if this has been said already: Many rooms have 2 queens and a single pullout, so even though you only have 4, ask to get a room like that wherever you end up. Gives the 2 their own beds. But 3 women and one bathroom is going to make getting out of the room tough.

The other opinion I have is, whenever I think about staying close to Disney Springs, I think about staying at the Hilton. Believe me, I’m the first to say only stay on Disney property, but the Hilton is so convenient for Disney Springs, so much cheaper, and with the recent lack of perks of being on property 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I would agree that an All Star Music suite is the best compromise between budget and space. You get real beds (three queen), two bathrooms and the kitchenette. During the day, you have somewhere to sit that isn’t a bed.

The suites at AoA have not been refurbished recently, so they still have a sofa bed for one of the sleeping surfaces. Not as comfortable as far as I am concerned. Otherwise, they do have two bathrooms and a smaller kitchenette. I do like the theming of the AoA suites though.

Renting DVC points can be an option, but you would want to rent enough for a one bedroom minimum. You would need to do some price comparisons to see whether a value suite or renting DVC points is a better option financially.

Booking two rooms at a value would give you two bathrooms and four beds, but you may not have connecting rooms, and you wouldn’t have a kitchenette, if that is important to you.

We have done a party of four in one room, but it can be awkward if the parties involved would rather not share a bed.

With that configuration of people, I'd just book two rooms at a value and add a traveling with number to both reservations. I've done 4 young adults in a room at Pop for a week, but we were poor broke college kids. I barely enjoy sharing a bed with my 6 year old, I'm definitely not bed sharing when she's a teenager or young adult.

I understand the need to save money, but saving money is not worth the "cost" of bedsharing to me.

So even if you didn't mention your pool and DS plans I would say two rooms. Sharing a room may work on some vacations, we've done it before in our early 20s to save money sharing a room with my husband's family but not on a theme park trip. Disney isn't really set up without high expense for true multi-bedroom large spaces with breathing room. At that point you're so much better off booking a rental especially on the cost savings where you can get individual bedrooms then communal space.

You want to be able to come and go as you please, get ready when you want to get ready, come back and relax when you want to and if you're adding in pool time be able to come back to the room, get ready and head to the pool whenever you want. Not to mention spread out your luggage, clothes and accessories. If you're trying to stay on-site just do two rooms.

The main problem I see with doing the Family Suites is the common areas sleeping areas require murphy beds which take away from common area. You're not realistically likely to pull the beds up each day so it will become cramped quick. Then who gets to sleep out there and give up their privacy while doing so? One murphy bed will remove a table and chairs, the other a couch area. I think All-Star Music's refurb is very helpful because of the larger beds but still falls flat in realistic travel party usage.

You could check the Disney Springs area for hotels. They do have 2 bedroom rooms although the bed configuration may not be what you'd want either. Like DoubleTree has a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite but 1 room has a king, the other two queen beds, plus a queen sofa bed in the communal area. Then a microwave, fridge, and a dining area for 4. Not sure the split up for sleeping arrangements would be but none would interfere (with exception to the sofa bed) with communal space. Just throwing it out there, traditional hotels might offer more opportunities for 1 technical room but better sleeping arrangements/living space.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but - Will you have a car?
How long will you be at WDW?
And finally how sensitive are you and your daughter to the Florida summer sun even while at a pool?

In any case -- TECHNICALLY, an OKW studio on rented points is the answer to your question! But there are so many personal variables!

Have fun with the planning! Come back and ask more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter