found out can't book CR Tower, so now what???

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
I had previously posted that dh and I are going to buy more dvc points at BCV. with the incentive program we could get a 5 nights free at any deluxe or mod of our choice (except the GF) we are thinking of 5 nights in late August.

we wanted CR Tower, cause we never stayed there before, but the incentive only allows you to book standard view! I just spoke to my dvc rep and he confirmed that you cannot book the Tower, only the wings at the CR! I dont want the wings.

So, now it's between the Poly, YC, BC, or BWI...
standard view only.
which one should we pick????

thanks!

Laura

For a standard view, your best bet view wise would probably be the Polynesian. It would also be the highest priced option they offer you. :)

Yeah, I would choose the Poly... the standard views are mainly garden views, anyway, and you will still have the convenience of being on the monorail.

We LOVED the wings at the Contemporary, but we had a step above the standard view...ours was the garden/wing view, and we looked right out on Bay Lake.

Your DVC home will be in the Epcot area, so take advantage of this time to stay on the monorail.

Enjoy!!!!

I would go with one that you have stayed at yet like BWInn (I know you have stayed at the Villas) or the Beach Club.

I would say the Poly just because it doesn't also have a DVC component like the rest of the resorts you mentioned. You could try it out without using up tons of points or having to pay cash. Of course, if one of the other appeals to you (maybe it would be a chance to try the Inn instead of the Villas at BW) that's okay, too.

Well I WOULD say the Poly, but knowing you've stayed there at concierge level could you be happy with a standard? If so, go for it!
Robin M.

Personally, we have stayed in the wings at the Contemporary, although many years ago, and we loved it! We preferred it over the tower rooms, of which we had seen the interiors.

I've always said from standard there is no where else to go but up, so if you must book standard in the wings, you could be upgraded to garden view. Since you have already stayed at the other resorts mentioned, it might be fun to try a different resort for a change of pace!:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BWI wouldn't be bad, just request a garden view! :) Maybe you could also say that you'd like to upgrade to concierge if it is available! Just like you did when you stayed at the YC! Just call them 5 days before arrival, then they'll just charge you the extra $100/night.

We are debating where to stay too.... Kinda leaning towards BC coz once the BCV open we wont be able to stay there on points.....

BUT the Poly is really cool.... and the biggest bang for you buck!

BWI!!! :)

Our room was a standard view (I think). We had a beautiful view of the rose garden and we could also see Illuminations. :) You will love it!!! :)

Well, since you've already said you don't want CR wing rooms (would've been my first choice), I'd vote for the Poly. Tough to go wrong in a Poly standard.

Good Luck!

The tower rooms at CR are not really that great anyway. The view is great but every morning I awoke to the sounds of screaming children down at Chef Mickey's. I am not kidding. I actually went outside of the room the first morning and looked down in the concourse and the children were being encouraged to swing their napkins and "sing" very loudly. This was a daily occurance and if you aren't an early riser it can really put a bad start on your day. Those rooms must have no sound insulation. So maybe you wouldn't have liked it anyway. I know that I won't ever stay in a CR tower room again.

wow, fortwilderness, thanks for the review of CR Tower, I'd freak out if I had to wake up to chef mickeys noise every morning!!!

the BWI rooms look pretty, thanks for the pics josierac!!! :)

TgrLvsPooh, hi there!!! :)
We have stayed at BWV twice, and I never ventured to the BWI rose gardens, i heard they are beautiful, that must be a great view, I'm going to go take a look in May!!! :)

thanks! :)

Laura :)

Boy Laura I'm just sending you all over the place! LOL :p I think you'll like the Inn... it's very different from the villas.... it's much more quiet and romantic. (in my opinion) Everytime we went down to the quiet pool we were the only ones there. ;) I'm pretty sure that the rose garden view is a standard view, but you might want to check on that. I'd hate for you to get stuck with a parking lot view! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter