Found Cat at Fort Wilderness

Debbie123

Are we at Disney yet?
I thought I would post this here as this has been all over some of the FW Facebook threads. Hoping we find this poor cat's family.
1652984554058.png

Poor Kitty! I hope someone sees this who knows the owner.

You'd think the owners would have left some sort of contact info at the Settlement Trading Post or with Guest Services. But then, kitties wander so who knows just how far this one has roamed before landing at the Fort. At least we know he/she has excellent taste!

Good thing we aren't there 'cause nDH would take that cat in a heartbeat. We lost a half-feral orange tabby who took off a few years ago and nDH still talks about him. Not sure how our Dachsie would feel about that though.

Poor Kitty! I hope someone sees this who knows the owner.

You'd think the owners would have left some sort of contact info at the Settlement Trading Post or with Guest Services. But then, kitties wander so who knows just how far this one has roamed before landing at the Fort. At least we know he/she has excellent taste!

Good thing we aren't there 'cause nDH would take that cat in a heartbeat. We lost a half-feral orange tabby who took off a few years ago and nDH still talks about him. Not sure how our Dachsie would feel about that though.

I have seen a few posts that said the owners left their information with Disney but Disney lost it. I don’t know if that’s true or not but it’s very disturbing if it is.

I have seen a few posts that said the owners left their information with Disney but Disney lost it. I don’t know if that’s true or not but it’s very disturbing if it is.
I read the same thing. I also saw a post which mentioned the family lost the cat at FW in March.

If that's the case, hopefully the family will touch bases with the Fort. I think I would if I'd lost a pet, even if I'd left my contact details.

Our little boy is micro chipped, he hates being inside, but, we live in a safe area. He has his own car seat and comes out in the car with us, but, he is always on a leash when we stop and is always kept clipped in or held with his leash if the car door is opened. He loves to walk on his leash, but, we have to make sure it's somewhere with no dogs.

Is someone taking care of the cat - food, water & shelter?
Gloria,

From what I read, the cat ran out the camper door when they opened it. It was caught in a trap last week and turned over to the local animal control, so he/she is getting taken care of. If this is the same cat that was on the boards a while ago, it has been mssing for quite a while (weeks/months). That may be why the Fort didn't have the family contact anymore. Someone probably gave up hope and pitched the info.

j

Thank you for this info. As you can tell, i am a big animal lover. Right now I am caring for 5 feral cats plus their new babies. I have 3 of them that allow me to love on them & pick them up. My goal is to get them fixed so we have no more babies. I bought a green house the beginning of the winter. So, on our cold days & nights, they were snug as a bug in a rug. I had a nice, but safe heater in the green house. Also feeding them Imas kitty food so they can get some vitamins. So glad the cat is in a safe place. Hopefully the owners will think to call the shelters & bring their fur baby home. Have a blessed week!

Deja Vu. Seven years ago a camper posted on another FW forum that a few hours after leaving the Fort, discovered that their cat was not in the MH with them. They were inquiring if anyone had found it.

The manager at the Fort told me that the cat had been found and turned over to the AK animal hospital, he was fine.

After contacting the owner in Chicago and the AK animal hospital, we came up with a plan to get the cat home. I checked him out of the AK animal hospital and kept him with me for a few days until we got him on a flight from OIA to Chicago.

Hopefully this situation will have as good an ending.

There have been SO many lost and loose pets at Ft Wilderness...Hopefully some people will take a lesson from all of this and leave their pets at home where they're safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter